With Nigeria's demise imminent, which SSA country has the chance to reach superpower status?

jackson35

Banned
Daps
:russ:

What does that have to do with superpower status? You think all it takes is to have a few wealthy individuals?

Even by that metric Africa is at the bottom breh. Sweden has more billionaires than the entire African continent. So does Australia...Taiwan...Turkey..you get the picture.
do you know how long Africa had it's weatlh? long before Sweden had it's first dollar. you can't go by European press, they will tell you anything that sounds good.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
To be realistic, no Sub-Saharan African country is even close to being a superpower since the economy fluctuates quickly in those countries more than anywhere else.

One year things are looking great, 2-3 years later the growth flattens and/or some BS happens. And thats before even counting government corruption.

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
All of them have serious problems. I would lower my expectation to which country can emerge as a decent, well-run country before jumping to Superpower status. None even have the foundations in place. I don't see any superpowers to be honest.

Like @Diasporan Royalty said, the stable countries are too small economically and militarily and the larger more resource rich countries are too chaotic and unstable.

you have got to be kidding me. Egypt is on a downward spiral. It's a ticking time bomb.

Listen Love, i have never said Superpower status concerning the nile valley country, but today reality, and today reality the Northern African countries and South Africa(besides Libya, Sudan and Mauritania) are performing better than the majority of sub saharan countries, which is fact! With the Egypt comment, militarily they are the strongest in Africa, as a Sudanese it is hard for me to admit. Again facts!
Top 20 Most Powerful Militaries In Africa 2016

They don't have separatist movement like we have in Sudan like the South Kordofan nuba mountain( some their leadership wants to break away and form a independent state or in Nigeria case Biafra independence, or Ethiopia case Oromos. How can you form a country with all these mounting divisions? It only produce chaos and disorder, a bloody interesting way to form a nation state! also we are in the 21st century and countries like Nigeria that export oil everywhere and cannot provide adequate electricity for their population? Even Sudan with its civil conflict in Darfur, and Kordofan in the large cities such as Khartoum able to provide electricity although occasionally we have blackout. It is quite laughable actually! I don't ever hear Egyptians being in Cairo and towns in the South complain about lack of electricity. I agree Egypt has many problems, unemployment being one, division between religious majority(Muslims) and religious(minority Copts)but that politician who utilize that division for their own agenda, and blind sheeps stupidly follow their direction, and of course between secular and religious people, and the division between North and South(which is not much nowadays)but none of them trying to form an independent state, and they don't have to deal with issues such as tribalism,clannism or regionalism which is the heart of the majority of Sub-Saharan African countries problems, which is a fact and the situation in South Sudan is the most extreme case. I have never heard Moroccans, Tunisians, Algerians, Egyptians complains about such things, because they have what we lack is national unity. Which is a base of forming and organizing a state! Again facts!

As far as South Africa, i have not been there for some time before getting married, i know they have issues with black and whites there, and possibly with the mix race group, but i am not sure? When i was there it reminded me of New Zealand (i was following a rugby match there), but i see why they were the strongest country economically at that time, but that is just my opinion!

What Is Behind the Oromo Rebellion in Ethiopia? | HuffPost

Sudan rejects SPLM-N al-Hilu demand for self-determination - Sudan Tribune: Plural news and views on Sudan

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
It's none of them to be honest unless Blacks in America end white supremacy as the rule of the global land.

Black people in America are the only ones who can change Africans faith but it won't be by business

We won't be the one's to do that.

Truthfully black folk won't have shyt to do with that...

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Death, slavery or true freedom. White folks working on taking away this false freedom as it's too expensive to maintain.

Ohhhh

Well the usa is most likely gonna be glassed sometime in the 2020s, which will end western dominance.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Ohhhh

Well the usa is most likely gonna be glassed sometime in the 2020s, which will end western dominance.
If the US is gassed, what the fukk do you think will happen to us?

Sometimes on thecoli, we got a real fukked up way of looking at shyt like it don't include us