• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I believe you are inadvertently bashing males considering we makeup the majority of the users on this forum and the thread title is directed towards us. This thread could have easily been titled "Can a man/woman be a good father/mother if he or she is a horrible husband/wife." That would have lead to a more civil discussion, there would obviously still be some bias but it it would be a lot more civil. In the end you will do as you please and we will most likely never see eye to eye. Just understand that I do believe both genders are in the wrong here, have a nice day, I'm off.

Well I think this thread is in response to the "did you have a good father" thread and a lot of nikkas in that thread stated their fathers were unrepentant cheaters but "good fathers'

• Dap
Reactions: Yup

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I believe you are inadvertently bashing males considering we makeup the majority of the users on this forum and the thread title is directed towards us. This thread could have easily been titled "Can a man/woman be a good father/mother if he or she is a horrible husband/wife." That would have lead to a more civil discussion, there would obviously still be some bias but it it would be a lot more civil. In the end you will do as you please and we will most likely never see eye to eye. Just understand that I do believe both genders are in the wrong here, have a nice day, I'm off.
So you have evidence of me bashing. You just want to turn this into a YUP ishtorm so you can get a bunch of people to rep you or dap you at my expense in my thread. I welcome you to my ignore list.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I don't think so. My dad cheating on my mom completely changed our relationship. I love him still but it will never be like it was before. Sometimes I feel bad but then I think about all those times I would hear my mom crying herself to sleep or seeing her break down crying whenever her she had to see him, then I stop feeling bad.
That has nothing to do with the father he is to you. That just changes how much you love him, or how much he cares. That changed how much you let him in. Nothing more. That changed how much you're willing to let him be a father.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Sounds like a string of excuses. You are not your kids and dont understand how your dynamic with their mother affected them or how they perceive their relationships. You didnt wife but you had a string of kids with her. I dont know how thats a win considering these kids mean she will always be a part of your life. While a marriage without kids would mean you could have moved on without the attachments. Anyone can justify anything...at thenend of the day the true test is how your kids will navigate life.
She had a ring on each finger & you dont even know my marriage beliefs so you can stop... I dont believe a court system should enforce vows we made before GOD, we should know what we promised, or big ass ceremonies that waste money... You dont know how old my kids are or how they perceive anything, I talk to them, you dont... I dont mind her bein a part of my life & my kids are never an L... My oldest have summer jobs, they all go to arts & crafts programs, been in sports & were recommended for advanced gradin... They navigate good...

& for the record, dont bother to respond if you dont want an honest answer... I hate when people ask shyt then call it excuses when you answer the shyt...

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
So you have evidence of me bashing. You just want to turn this into a YUP ishtorm so you can get a bunch of people to rep you or dap you at my expense in my thread. I welcome you to my ignore list.
Internet points matter just as much as this discussion.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
She had a ring on each finger & you dont even know my marriage beliefs so you can stop... I dont believe a court system should enforce vows we made before GOD, we should know what we promised, or big ass ceremonies that waste money... You dont know how old my kids are or how they perceive anything, I talk to them, you dont... I dont mind her bein a part of my life & my kids are never an L... My oldest have summer jobs, they all go to arts & crafts programs, been in sports & were recommended for advanced gradin... They navigate good...

& for the record, dont bother to respond if you dont want an honest answer... I hate when people ask shyt then call it excuses when you answer the shyt...
You said you didnt wife so clearly you don't consider your "spiritual union" a marriage. All you need to be officially married is to sign a marriage licence. If you didnt want to fake the funk you wouldnt have mentioned the rings on her finger.

I base my responses on your posts. I dont claim to know all. But one thing i do know as it is well documented scientifically and through experience. The way that people enter/maintain relationship is influenced in what they saw growing up. Whether or not their relationships will be successful is up for debate. Your kids doing well in school had nothing to do with my original premise on how they will navigate their romantic relationships.

I hate when people make a mountain out of mole hill. You posted..and i shared my opinion on how i perceivedm your post. But because my opinion differs from you accuse me of not wanting an honest answer? Had i agreed with you would you be saying this?

AllHolosEve

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
So i am a troll based on what?
The maturity comment & that bein tied to relationships & not teachin your kids... I see you left out the "reality" part though....
This was my response to you. I dont know why you replied to a post that was not addressing you. If you knew she was not relationship material. Why did you stay with her and had multiple kids with her?
Obviously the OP didnt personally address me either but I replied to it... Were havin a discussion & I saw a comment I dont agree with... She wasnt actin stupid until her family started givin her dumb ass ideas down the road... We had a place, money, jobs, a car, etc... She started doin a bunch of extra shyt thinkin Id always take her back for the kids & ended up in the bushes...

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
Nope. My father treated my mother terribly. We saw our mom struggle a lot. When we were younger and ignorant to the fukk we used to glued to our father. When we were older we started to realize how much he hurt our mother emotionally and it really ruined the relationships (especially with my sisters).

AllHolosEve

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
You said you didnt wife so clearly you don't consider your "spiritual union" a marriage. All you need to be officially married is to sign a marriage licence. If you didnt want to fake the funk you wouldnt have mentioned the rings on her finger.

I base my responses on your posts. I dont claim to know all. But one thing i do know as it is well documented scientifically and through experience. The way that people enter/maintain relationship is influenced in what they saw growing up. Whether or not their relationships will be successful is up for debate. Your kids doing well in school had nothing to do with my original premise on how they will navigate their romantic relationships.

I hate when people make a mountain out of mole hill. You posted..and i shared my opinion on how i perceivedm your post. But because my opinion differs from you accuse me of not wanting an honest answer? Had i agreed with you would you be saying this?
Like I said, I dont believe in the courts enfrcin vows, cause he aint gon be there when she gives it up... Our vows are before GOD, not the legal system & no court document will make us honor them... I brought up the rings cause she had them, & we did call each other man & wife...

For the record you said navigate "LIFE", not romantic relationships, I can admit I took it the wrong way.... If you said relationships I woulve mostly agreed with you cause my bm slid on shyt cause I didnt want my daughter thinkin certain treatment was ok... But if you act a certain way you will be treated accordingly...

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
Why women specifically. I'd say people who leave their kids behind get no respect and lets be honest it is men who do it tbe most. Personally....if my husband and i divorce i would give him custody of the children to raise. I would be present for my children but it is much easier for a man to remarry with kids than it is a woman.
You better check those abortion rates. Black women are putting up Jordan numbers.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Anytime one of those old heads gets fussy and says "these young adults are the worst generation!" I say "And your generation raised us so what does that say about you?"

They usually get quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.