Is Liggins the fukkING GOAT

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
This has been buggin me and made me quite insecure for the majority of the 28 years of my life. Went to predominately black school and was quiet and never "cool" or fit in. Actually got picked on until I did my own thing and excelled in sports and became a D1 silent but respected jock.

I was always smart, well-cultured and open-minded (played different instruments, listened to all music including classical music) but couldn't say the same for the people around me. I've had some black friends but not as much compared to my white friends throughout my life. I've had to weave through the black people who were ignorant and probably thought I wasn't hood enough for them and told me I talk "white" because I'm educated and speak intelligently, and the ignorant racist/prejudice white people who think I'm going to kill them..

Stop hanging with Ignorant black people?:yeshrug:
If you live around Ignorant black people, leave the minute you can or don't fukk with 'em if they ain't fukking with you 'cause of how you are.

The most you can do is be REAL on both fronts. Don't front infront of either social group and act like you're more a part of them than the other, on some turncoat shyt.
In the mid 90's I branched out and started listening to Rock music heavy when Vh1 used to play music. As much as I loved Bone Thugs, The Wu, Busta Rhymes, Das EFX and (Crucial Conflict.:mjlol:) and would play that on my discman, dudes noticed I started fukking with Lenny Kravitz, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Korn and Deftones and I got labeled as 'That white dude', 'cause I liked shyt that had Guitars in it.:troll: Never backed down from that, never compromised or made it look like it was a fad or some shyt and people eventually just went He :troll: but he cool:ehh:.
Then I started to travel, met and made more white friends who were thrilled that I liked Metal and Folk music but would kinda tense up when they noticed I fukked with The Wu Tang and other 'Hard rap' when they themselves was too busy spreading that horrid phrase about 'RAP = Retards Attempting Poetry'. Had to cut off the latent racist ones and explain that I like anything that sounds good, fukk listening predominantly to a genre because of my skin colour:pacspit: Found respect over there as well.:obama:

It's a bit of a balancing act, but at 28 you should have already had your own identity. I mean, at no point in time did I feel like I needed to act like the white, skater crowd because I got into Punk music and Tony Hawk nor did I ever feel the need to rock Timbs, Baggy Jeans and 'Yank' like I spent time in Staten Island because I went abroad a few Summer Holidays which was like a huge fad for ALOT of Caribbean Black folk in the 90's to just ditch their identity because they just got a greencard or some shyt and felt like they were moving on up like that Theme song.:snoop:

Just do you, man. Or move if you can.:ufdup:

Last edited:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
It was an observation that I made too, but I was wrong. It seemed that I got along easier with whites than with blacks. Black people were too aggressive, mean for no reason, and whites were easier to deal with.

My perception was distorted. The fact is that black people and whites are different. They may smile in your face, but become a threat to them and watch those claws come out. I don't mean a physical threat...I mean if they find out you are smarter than they are, if you have more money, or anything they desire you will quickly find out that niceness is fake. They are comfortable with you as long as you are in your perceived place.

Black people are more direct. We joke around a lot and sometimes it can be a bit much. But when it comes down to it, never think another race treats you better because they don't. They tolerate you because you are not a threat.

Right, I know a dude who has got got by 4 different WP this year. Like legit work place set ups. Never once did any of them comfront him. They smiled in their face the whole time until he came in one day to a pink slip. It all happened b/c he loves to brag about how smart he is and tell them his business. I ask him when is he going learn WP hate your dumb ass.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm:HMMMMMMMMM I'm not sure about that one marty mart. What drives black men to white women is the generalization that white women are submissive and black woman are too high maintenance.

Same reason why white dudes prefer Asians over white women. Less headache, more bang for your buck. We all want chicks won't snap their neck at you, won't yell at you in public, etc etc, and generally speaking you get more respect from a woman outside your race than inside it. Anyway, people need to drop the skin color bullsh*t, I think it's something like 10% of black dudes date outside their race, this whole pedestal thing is overblown

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
This has been buggin me and made me quite insecure for the majority of the 28 years of my life. Went to predominately black school and was quiet and never "cool" or fit in. Actually got picked on until I did my own thing and excelled in sports and became a D1 silent but respected jock.

I was always smart, well-cultured and open-minded (played different instruments, listened to all music including classical music) but couldn't say the same for the people around me. I've had some black friends but not as much compared to my white friends throughout my life. I've had to weave through the black people who were ignorant and probably thought I wasn't hood enough for them and told me I talk "white" because I'm educated and speak intelligently, and the ignorant racist/prejudice white people who think I'm going to kill them. What I noticed is that the people who accepted me the most were white.

Now that I'm more confident and self-assured, everyone just hates on me, and it's still a disproportionate amount of black people doing it.

Now I'll weave through the "Uncle Tom" posts to see if anyone can relate to me.

the arrogance is seeping out of your post:scust:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Yea OP probly leavin some shyt out of his story. Like he probly used to try to act a certain way around the hood dudes and shyt and no matter how hard you try you can never fit in like that they will always be able to sense that u r phony.

If u being yourself 100 you will fit in much easier.
Year and why is it so important to fit in with people who aren't like you and are these the only black people you know.

Go find your little college crowd and rock with them if the so called hood crowd isn't your style. Now if you can't fit in there he probably just white washed and socially awkward around all black people. Even the ones like him.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
lamont-tap-dancing-o.gif

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I just know white folks wont stick me up for something as meaningless as some Jay's :yeshrug:
You'll get your wake up call soon enough.

But then again you might blame not getting that job or being denied that loan or getting beaten by police on Black people.

Some of us, like yourself I suspect, are not that intelligent about dealing with our enemies.

You'll learn. Or you'll suffer for your ignorance.

Last edited:

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
T.I. and cats that do this are celebs who aren't tryna have the liberal Cac fem mafia drop the hammer on them:yeshrug:

Westcoastnative

All Star
Daps
Probably on a subconscious level but you have to realize being that it began with slavery MANY blacks in America are subconsciously submissive to whites, not just males but females as well. You guys really need to cut this narrative out that one sex has more destructive behaviors than the other. We are ALL suffering from this post slavery sickness and we ALL have to work to get over it.

Thank you.

A lot of black people tend to be more submissive to white people. And black women are more to submissive to white men as well; both genders have a habit doing it and we as black people need to stop being submissive towards white people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.