Not open for further replies.

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
:camby:

:why: I refuse to believe that you all are going nutters over some peen. Peen? Really. To each her own though. :manny:

bey_6.gif

Okay........

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
1) There is very little West Central African culture in Black American culture...The majority of Black American culture is Black people's interpretation of Western Culture...

see thread-->

Refuting the myth that Black American music/culture is "Europeanized".

You don't give your children African names, you don't practice marriage and romance like Africans,

They aren't Africans, they are AfroAmericans

a poor African will go to a Traditional Healer if he sick, a poor Black American will go to a doctor...

:upsetfavre:

The few things you kept from your African roots are probably a love of drums, dancing and chanting (but that is universal)...But infrastructure of Black American culture is Western Culture...

No...it's Africanisms that collided with Europeanisms

2) It DOES NOT matter if Modern Thinking is the global norm...First of all it is NOT, leave America and you will find many people who don't have this "modern thinking"...Secondly, the fact that Modern Thinking is global is only proof of how effective the White Man was at colonizing other races of people...So, it DOES NOT negate the fact that Modern Thinking is DISTINCTIVELY Western...

:francis:

3) You are not giving me any ANSWERS sir, you are saying "this people are different from those people" but you are NOT showing me those differences...So let me be more specific..For Black and White American who are in the same socioeconomic bracket,

white americans and black americans do not have the same culture(s) period!

Do Black American Men court women differently from White American Men? Do Black American Men have different views about women, children, and family than White American Men? Is the ritual of marriage different between the two races? What do Blacks do in their marriages than has different symbolic meaning from Whites?

Already addressed this

Essentially what I am asking is for you tell me what is that the average Black American does and believes that is SYMBOLICALLY different from the average White American...

:skip:

Are there specific things that a Black Man must do to be accepted as Black, and are those specific things distinct from what a White Man does in his community?

:what: they both engage in their own distinct/different cultures

For example, Jews eat kosher i.e. there are strict guidelines on how the food is prepared, circumcision is a MUST, they have Bar Mitzvahs, they eat kosher, they have certain days of the year that are significant for them...

I am talking about this type of DISTINCT symbolism...Beliefs, Actions and Symbols that have significant meaning for a people, and they believe it is important to teach it to their children...

see above post

Do you think it is important for your child to listen to gangsta rap and sag his jeans?

:dahell:

Again, what is it that you Black Americans teach your children that is distinct and different from White Americans? Something that your children will get laughed at and teased for if they went to an all White school?

see threads

What is Black American Culture? (inspired by The Salon)

Defining the "African-American"

It seems to me the biggest differences between Whites and Blacks is race and socioeconomics,

No

other than that, the two groups are way more similar than they would like to admit...

Only southern white americans shares some bonds with aframs but the cultures are different and most of the similarities are actually because they got influenced by the blacks.

Where do you think HillBilly music came from?

or what the early minstrel shows were trying to imitate

800px-SlaveDanceand_Music.jpg

The Old Plantation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.