‘Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty’ Season 2 Thread | HBO

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
GREAT episode.

Some of Jason Segel’s best acting work.

Adrien Brody is KILLING IT as Pat Riley. Can’t wait to see him boss up with the slicked back hair and designer suits

One thing I didn’t like was this episode made it seem like Magic DID quit on the team and go to the locker room during that game when he actually stayed and played out the game in real life. It would have made it more impactful to see his trade request had they made it clear he actually played the game.

Also I had no idea that was the first public trade request in NBA history.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
GREAT episode.

Adrien Brody is KILLING IT as Pat Riley. Can’t wait to see him boss up with the slicked back hair and designer suits

One thing I didn’t like was this episode made it seem like Magic DID quit on the team and go to the locker room during that game when he actually stayed and played out the game in real life. It would have made it more impactful to see his trade request had they made it clear he actually played the game.

I thought it was clear he didn’t leave. How else would Paul have chased him in the tunnel?

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
GREAT episode.

I was astounded at how blunt Kareem was about it. Giving daps to the Knicks franchise while still in a Lakers uniform.

Imagine that happening now. The media would have a field day.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Jerry Buss said “When your here. Your family”. And MEANT that shyt

Buss one of the GOAT owners ever, looked after Magic by giving him more bread. 14 million in 94/95 and a percentage of lakers ownership for peanuts when he didn't have too

Lakers owner Jerry Buss gave Johnson the opportunity of a lifetime to purchase a 4.5% stake of the Lakers for $10 million

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
I was astounded at how blunt Kareem was about it. Giving daps to the Knicks franchise while still in a Lakers uniform.

Imagine that happening now. The media would have a field day.
Although that really did happen I wasn't like it was framed . It happened during the off season after they where eliminated by Houston. Not during the season and certainly not when Magic deal was known about.