‘Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty’ Season 2 Thread | HBO

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Pat working out Magic was a plot, knowing that his knee wasn't 100%

I guess I'm missing the mark on that situation, why would Westhead be upset??

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fukk kinda deal did Westhead have giving him veto powers on personnel moves as a 2nd year coach?

Felt that people were plotting against him. He felt that Magic needed to fit into his new system and he was getting pressure to make the team centered around Magic. He rejected the Norm/Thompson trade at first because Norm was playing well in the new system, came around to it until he found out that Buss had spoken to Magic to check his temperature because he didn't want to make it seem like Magic was calling the shots.

Then he finds out that Pat was privately working out with Magic, building that trust and camraderie that would push him further out that circle of trust. He was always insecure that people felt he was lucky, he inherited a team that was had a great offensive system put in place by McKinney, spearheaded by a amazing rookie in Magic and a legend in Cap. There were even the rumors of the team bringing McKinney back before the playoffs.

He's the head coach, he really should know everything that's going on with his staff and the players. He shouldn't be left out of the dark.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
The fukk kinda deal did Westhead have giving him veto powers on personnel moves as a 2nd year coach?

Felt that people were plotting against him. He felt that Magic needed to fit into his new system and he was getting pressure to make the team centered around Magic. He rejected the Norm/Thompson trade at first because Norm was playing well in the new system, came around to it until he found out that Buss had spoken to Magic to check his temperature because he didn't want to make it seem like Magic was calling the shots.

Then he finds out that Pat was privately working out with Magic, building that trust and camraderie that would push him further out that circle of trust. He was always insecure that people felt he was lucky, he inherited a team that was had a great offensive system put in place by McKinney, spearheaded by a amazing rookie in Magic and a legend in Cap. There were even the rumors of the team bringing McKinney back before the playoffs.

He's the head coach, he really should know everything that's going on with his staff and the players. He shouldn't be left out of the dark.
Yup. I think he saw the writing on the wall. The fact that Pat had been talking with management about the trade and agreed with them to trade Norm. Magic clearly having that organizational power. Pat building a one on one relationship with Magic. I took it as him seeing himself being inched out by Pat undermining him.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Yup. I think he saw the writing on the wall. The fact that Pat had been talking with management about the trade and agreed with them to trade Norm. Magic clearly having that organizational power. Pat building a one on one relationship with Magic. I took it as him seeing himself being inched out by Pat undermining him.

The show is definitely hinting that Pat was making moves bts without outright saying it.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug: Maybe if they rebrand it “Winning Time: The Rise of the Celtics Dynasty” it’ll do numbers

pjimage-22.jpg

:lolbron:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps

Pat was telling him magic was good to go when he knew he wasnt. So he thinks magic is gon be able to get into his system, whioe pat knows he wint be ready. So he doesnt want the new guy.

But since magic aint gonnabe 100%, he prolly would have traded norm knowing they needed a stronger player for playoffs.

That and pat now has a secret relationship with magic, and he used it to make magic take the last shot, knowing he aint ready, and losing the season for paul.

And since buss is using going to magic for decisions, pat knows magic will prolly put in for him somewhere down the line.

Its funny cause of the shakespeare shyt paul on but he bout to get the knife in the back. Well played sir. Well played.

Btw i dont think winning time going anywhere. This is prolly their #1 show after succession now. Theyve pulled the plug before but lesser shows still got 3 seasons.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Btw i dont think winning time going anywhere. This is prolly their #1 show after succession now. Theyve pulled the plug before but lesser shows still got 3 seasons.
Nah, House of Dragon, Last of Us, White Lotus, Euphoria, and Curb would be over it.

This is a new regime that's looking to cut costs wherever possible. I doubt this is a cheap show and it came out during a time when you can't have your guys promote it and apparently HBO Max app isn't putting it front and center. The tweet from the writer of the book the show is based on, where he's telling people to support has people saying they can't wait until it starts up.