Will The Deer Fear The Eclipse? - Official Bucks vs. Suns 2021 NBA Finals Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm not saying he isn't skilled. He's an NBA players for god's sake. I'm saying he isn't as skilled as his superstar counterparts. He makes up for it in other attributes like motor , determination and the other aforementioned above.

Giannis IQ is underrated...smart enough to attack the paint for the lob when he saw CP0 down there...smart enough to know Middleton was behind him when he tapped the ball to him on the missed FT bc he knew he was off...2 TO's the last 3 games vs 20 dimes

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Nothing about Bud being 'good' was said, just that he's out-coaching Monty. And he is. It's not close really. Bud's the one making adjustments. He's making all the right moves. I was front of the line on the 'Fire Bud' train, but that man has done his thing in this series.
all the right moves like having the god of all mismatches in giannis and chris paul having a midlife crisis? :russ: if bud could reliably adjust, the bucks wouldn't be holding their breath wondering what version of jrue and mid they gonna get every night

they have the better team straight up. making the bucks look like the sum of their parts a few games at a time is not some great achievement.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
That's exactly my point. He doesn't match up to his fellow superstars in terms of skill. Not a skilled defender like Khawi, can't shoot like KD, can't handle like Harden or a Kyrie. Doesn't have outstanding bbiq like a LeBron.

The dude is a great player but he lacks skill. Maybe if he started playing basketball earlier.
Majority of his impact on defense is due to his athleticism, size and heart.
He is a .0000001 percent all-time athlete. He hit the powerball of the genetic lotto. Sure he does some amazing basketball things but I'll likely never let the thought escape my head that he's one of the greatest athletes ever that just so happens to be playing basketball.

That said, he knows what to do what that athleticism and as I've also said before, he isn't a p*ssy so that goes a tremendously long way, hence the reason why the production looks like this. Its not pretty but I can't argue the end result.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Giannis IQ is underrated...smart enough to attack the paint for the lob when he saw CP0 down there...smart enough to know Middleton was behind him when he tapped the ball to him on the missed FT bc he knew he was off...2 TO's the last 3 games vs 20 dimes

Yes I get it. He is a very well rounded and underrated player.

But cats in this thread trying to make a case for him being as skilled as someone like Steph or Bron or even Harden is just

:mjlol:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Kawhi's Defense>Booker's whatever he does on that side of the ball

CP3 could get away with a lot more running with Kawhi.

Like the Bucks are scoring 120. That's not happening with Kawhi at the helm.

Raps were the #1 defense in the league that year it was alot more than Kawhi's defense....

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Yes I get it. He is a very well rounded and underrated player.

But cats in this thread trying to make a case for him being as skilled as someone like Steph or Bron or even Harden is just

:mjlol:
That wasn't my point if you referring to me, all my point was you can't say he completely lacks skill. I didn't say he was Steph, Harden, or Bron.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
all the right moves like having the god of all mismatches in giannis and chris paul having a midlife crisis? :russ: if bud could reliably adjust, the bucks wouldn't be holding their breath wondering what version of jrue and mid they gonna get every night

they have the better team straight up. making the bucks look like the sum of their parts a few games at a time is not some great achievement.

See, you keep putting words in my mouth lmao. Of COURSE Bud can't 'reliably' adjust. It's been the main criticism of him for..well, forever. But AGAIN, HE IS MAKING ADJUSTMENTS IN THESE FINALS. He is WORKING Monty. Point blank period.

And it's easy for ppl to say we have the better team NOW, when 3 games ago we woulda been lucky to win a single game in these finals. fukk outta here.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
This Milwaukee team is better than any team either of them played on. People and these narratives. The actual take away should be that if you build a team around your star player, they won’t leave. If OKC pays Harden then Kevin Durant never leaves. I’d Cleveland didn’t keep pump taking on those Amare trades then LeBron never leaves.
What HOF and a MVP caliber player is on the Bucks? KDs team was good enough to win 4 straight on a 60+ win Spurs team and be up 3-1 against a 73-9 Warriors team. I would agree with u if that Thunder team got swept by the Warriors but the had them beat and choked it away.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

Outside of the dumb foul on the oop I'm also surprised CP3 didn't try and cut off Giannis streaking down the lane. Bridges looked like he was back enough to pick up Jrue in case he decided to drive so CP3 should've cut Giannis off. Easy to say though watching replay versus heat of the moment.