Will Smith NFL Concussion drama

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Congrats Will on getting your 5th Golden Globe Nomination. 5th for Best Actor in a film (He 2 nods on the Fresh Prince). Looks like that Oscar nod is a lock. I want to see this movie cause I know the NFL has tired to bury the fact these guys are getting brain damage after they get out of the league. We all enjoy watching football but some fans like to be in denail about what these players are going through just to watch their favorite game.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
This movie was

DRAMATIC

but Will did his thing, I don't know about the accent, but there were certain scenes that were heart tugging and there is nothing cac America doesn't love more than seeing a black man cry.
I wouldn't be surprised if Will gets an Oscar nom off of this.

As far as the movie, so fukken dramatic, the ominous music, the DRAMATIC acting etc.
I give it a 6/10.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed it, def makes the NFL look funny in the light.

The final 30 minutes of the movie was pretty sudden. The movie arc in itself was okay but I went into the movie more interested in the story of how the CTE dilemma took off being a football fan so I was still able to enjoy the film.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
so far its my favourite from the screener ive seen(the revenant and the tarentino flick)

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I thought it was a solid drama. Will 3rd Oscar nom on deck. His other two nominations he played a real life person as well. Of course they didn't want to Destory the NFL but I think they did some serious damage with this film. It really put a face on all those NFL Players including recently with Junior S. from the Chargers. Look I love Football but the reality is this, it's clear that these players are at serious risk. The Head is not suppose to have that type of trama week in and week out.

"Concussion" did a great job showing the medical and scientific aspect of what is going on when these guys play the game. Will of course carried the movie. I don't know much about Nigerian accents, some said he did terrible, some said it was passable. Alec Balwin did very good in his role as well. Again the reality is these players are at serious risk playing this game. If you survive the broken bones you still have to deal with the head trama. It probably won't do that great at the Box Office because Americans are denial about the risk of Football because we love the sport so much.

In the last 10 years though you definitely hear a lot more about "Concussions" as players having to go through a protocal before going to back on the field. But again I'm glad the movie put a face on the issues. Good job by Will. It's sad he's not doing ID4 part II but at least he's doing more artistic projects. Wasn't that a criticism of Will? To many action blockbusters and not enough substance. Well here you go, "Concussion" Ethered the NFL something serious.

bZvzVdg.gif

Last edited:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Good flick, I enjoyed it. If you like this you should watch League Of Denial from Frontline, they made a doc on this a while back.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
NFL looks real shady...it was like ok these guys are in serious danger of going mental at an early age...but we can't let them know that and when its discovered :yeshrug: we don't know what you're talking about

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Dope movie. Will did his thing.

Breitbart has already put out 4 hit pieces on Dr Bennet Omalu trying to discredit him in the last week...including on Christmas. :pacspit: