Will Smith from The Saints\ OSU Buckeyes killed in New Orleans tonight (UPDATE: Man found GUILTY)

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'd think he'd want a speedy trial ... especially if he can't make bond and he's adamant in his stance of self-defense. :usure:

Delay tactics definitely play out in he whole gamesmanship of court. But usually, it's from folks who know they're guilty and likely posturing to eventually to take a plea, and/or they want the witnesses to forget critical details and/or disappear. :sas2:

Also, you can knock off years doing time in pre-trial/county, which could have its advantages in some areas because it might be a better environment than state prison. But again, that's usually for folks who know they're straight up guilty and looking for the best plea deal.

In this case, the witness(es) appear to be one of the shooters biggest assets. I'd like to believe you'd want their mind as fresh as possible. this case won't be tried before twelve months anyway. Might even see a change of venue motion, but I doubt it'd be granted.

The Courts in Louisiana don't work on a speedy basis:russ:

Toxicology will take over a year without question and he will have to go through the indictment process with a Grand Jury first.

If he can't make bail, he's gonna be sitting for at least a year and a half IF the dockets aren't already packed.:francis:

He has a prior weapons conviction so the gun was undoubtedly illegal. Dramatically weakens any self defense claims:yeshrug:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
The Courts in Louisiana don't work on a speedy basis:russ:

Toxicology will take over a year without question and he will have to go through the indictment process with a Grand Jury first.

If he can't make bail, he's gonna be sitting for at least a year and a half IF the dockets aren't already packed.:francis:

He has a prior weapons conviction so the gun was undoubtedly illegal. Dramatically weakens any self defense claims:yeshrug:

Man, if you ain't in Wyoming or Maine or some shyt, a 12 month sit down on a murder charge that's going to trial is pretty standard. I'm just saying I don't think he'd want any undue delays if he truly believes he can beat this.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Man, if you ain't in Wyoming or Maine or some shyt, a 12 month sit down on a murder charge that's going to trial is pretty standard. I'm just saying I don't think he'd want any undue delays if he truly believes he can beat this.

If his Lawyer tells him delaying it will be in his best interest, that's what he's gonna do. :manny:
With how visible this is in the media, giving it more time to lose steam before it goes to trial will have an impact on how the jury perceives it:patrice:

I'm also thinking that him giving himself up the way he did had less to do with thinking he was innocent and more to do with how his dad was murdered.

Seeing how the cops did his dad is not going lead him to think running for it would be any sort of good idea:ld:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
If his Lawyer tells him delaying it will be in his best interest, that's what he's gonna do. :manny:
With how visible this is in the media, giving it more time to lose steam before it goes to trial will have an impact on how the jury perceives it:patrice:

I'm also thinking that him giving himself up the way he did had less to do with thinking he was innocent and more to do with how his dad was murdered.

Seeing how the cops did his dad is not going lead him to think running for it would be any sort of good idea:ld:

:ehh:

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
any developments in the last day or so? OP aint update shyt and i'm not trying to search thru 80 news articles

Surveillance video near Will Smith shooting shows possible hit and run: Fox 8

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

Imagine you minding your own business and then this happens... and you follow in an attempt to get some insurance info and the driver is an irate(possibly drunk) 270 pound NFL player talm bout he got a some hot ones for you:ohhh:

Those charges finna get severely reduced or dropped altogether

Last edited:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So: In a strange twist of events, investigators found surveillance video from three different businesses showing what appears to be a Hummer and a Mercedes SUV driving along Magazine Street. This could confirm what Cardall Hayes' attorney argued.

Just before 11:30 p.m., video shows a Hummer and then the Mercedes pass the intersection of Magazine and Washington. Fast forward to the intersection of Magazine and Jackson Ave, minutes before the shooting, and surveillance video shows a Hummer at the red light followed, again, by a Mercedes SUV.

Near the intersection of Magazine and St. Andrew, more surveillance video captures the Hummer stopping abruptly after possibly getting bumped from behind by a Mercedes SUV. The two vehicles stop for a moment, and the Hummer appears to try to pull over to the side of the road. Instead of stopping, the driver of the Mercedes SUV drives into the opposite lane of traffic and speeds away.