Will Smith from The Saints\ OSU Buckeyes killed in New Orleans tonight (UPDATE: Man found GUILTY)

Daps
If it happened as the latest report indicates, Hayes should get off.

1. If Will said he had a gun and was heading back to his car...case closed on that. Hayes had the green light to shoot. Even if and expecially if, you're licensed to carry, you can NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, let someone know you have a gun or flash it.

2. I don't believe he should even get in trouble for hitting the wife as he's not a professional and he was "in fear for his life". Also, was there a felony committed by Will to which his wife would have been an accomplice? If so...:mjlol:...technically she could be charged with his death....Lord forbid.

3. Excessive force..."Your Honor, I'm not a trained law enforcement officer or military. I'm not even a novice when it comes to shooting."
:scust:@ 6'6 300 plus pound bytch nikkas attempting to use the Zimmerman/stand your ground defense atter cold blooded shooting down blackman(and his wife) he was to chickenshyt to shoot the fair one with..has that stand your ground shyt every worked for anyone but cacs/cops:comeon:the only chance Hayes has is the victim was another big scary black man butc considering he was also a beloved local sports hero and Hayes ilikely seen as a violent thug nikka by most/all potential cacs on the jurty and the judge i would say the chacnce he get's off with anything less than 2nd degree murder are slim to nonse

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
6-8 shots is excessive as fukk. But I've shot at somebody before and I dumped a single stack clip of 7 rounds in like 2 seconds. I didn't even realize I pulled the trigger than many times.
If 6-8 is excessive to you, what you call your fiasco then?

:jbhmm:

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Louisiana follows different laws than any other state

I'm willing to bet hayes has a CHL. Which is why he stayed on the scene and is saying self defense.

I have one and one of the laws that protect CHL owners in every state is the "accident law". Anyone who has been in the class or taught it know what I'm referring to.

You get into a fender bender, you and the other person get out of your respective vehicles. The person you hit or hit you becomes enraged and threatens to shoot you and retreat to their car as if they're getting a weapon, by law you can defend yourself and use deadly force. Also if you have witnesses backing up your story then it helps you a lot.

The problem with hayes story is a another thing that is taught to potential CHL owners is SHOOT YOUR TARGET. Because if you shoot or kill and innocent bystander then you will be charged and convicted.

A lot of people get their license, but cant aim or shoot for shyt. Then they wanna play hero and shoot the "bad guy" but kill someone else. It happens a lot. Thats why most instructors preach going to the range as much as possible.

With that being said, if the new evidence is true. And they get witneses to corroborate hayes story, I can see him walking on smith's murder BUT because he can't aim he will get convicted of attempted murder or something of that sorts for injuring his wife.

Daps
Cosign. When I got my CCW the instructor told us that if you shoot at somebody you better make sure they die. The worst thing that can happen is you shoot them and they survive. I have no idea why he said that but that stuck with me since that class.

My instructor said something similar, but mine was clearly talking about stopping power. You'd be surprised how some people can eat ill-placed shots and keep coming at you.:merchant:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If 6-8 is excessive to you, what you call your fiasco then?

:jbhmm:
Me being excessive and scared of a naked dude in our backyard with a knife. I wasn't try to hit him though just scare him out of our yard and into somebody else's. I was shooting at the ground. I was just illustrating how easy it is to pull the trigger that many times in a couple seconds.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
:scust:@ 6'6 300 plus pound bytch nikkas attempting to use the Zimmerman/stand your ground defense atter cold blooded shooting down blackman(and his wife) he was to chickenshyt to shoot the fair one with..has that stand your ground shyt every worked for anyone but cacs/cops:comeon:the only chance Hayes has is the victim was another big scary black man butc considering he was also a beloved local sports hero and Hayes ilikely seen as a violent thug nikka by most/all potential cacs on the jurty and the judge i would say the chacnce he get's off with anything less than 2nd degree murder are slim to nonse

I was surprised to hear that black people get off with SYG more than anyone else here in Florida. And the most surprising was a felon, drug dealer who shot another drug dealer that was threatening him.

Daps
I was surprised to hear that black people get off with SYG more than anyone else here in Florida. And the most surprising was a felon, drug dealer who shot another drug dealer that was threatening him.
well Florida aint Louisiana and the common nikkas whom's murders are justified in the eyes of the whiteman's laws via stand your grand laws aint retired ex NFL stars:comeon:i just don't see anyway Hayes beats this wrap..he might as well save that defense money and give it to his mom/kids...he's most def Angola bound and only prolonging the inevitable:yeshrug:

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
A good lawyer can make it show that
1. WS has a history of aggressive uncontrollable rage like behavior
2. Client was in fear for his life
3. CREATE DOUBT that the accused should be convicted of 2nd degree murder

lets not forget the accused did stay at the crime scene...also waiting for toxicology reports

you nikkas don't understand if if shows that WS had ANYTHING in his system, along with the other things i laid out, the lawyer has a lot to work with....and don't let it be found out that WS had a gun on him:wow:
If the lawyer makes his client lose mad weight to look less ominous as well like Mark O Mara :wow:

This would work if the wife hadn't survived:francis:

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
yeah everybody in here talking about how good a person WS was but it looks like the suspect was living right too...no priors, 30 yr old business owner, if he's asking for toxicology reports then he was probably the sober one that night.

Toxicology reports in Louisiana take over a year, it's a delay tactic:francis:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Toxicology reports in Louisiana take over a year, it's a delay tactic:francis:

I'd think he'd want a speedy trial ... especially if he can't make bond and he's adamant in his stance of self-defense. :usure:

Delay tactics definitely play out in he whole gamesmanship of court. But usually, it's from folks who know they're guilty and likely posturing to eventually to take a plea, and/or they want the witnesses to forget critical details and/or disappear. :sas2:

Also, you can knock off years doing time in pre-trial/county, which could have its advantages in some areas because it might be a better environment than state prison. But again, that's usually for folks who know they're straight up guilty and looking for the best plea deal.

In this case, the witness(es) appear to be one of the shooters biggest assets. I'd like to believe you'd want their mind as fresh as possible. this case won't be tried before twelve months anyway. Might even see a change of venue motion, but I doubt it'd be granted.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm willing to bet hayes has a CHL. Which is why he stayed on the scene and is saying self defense.

I have one and one of the laws that protect CHL owners in every state is the "accident law". Anyone who has been in the class or taught it know what I'm referring to.

You get into a fender bender, you and the other person get out of your respective vehicles. The person you hit or hit you becomes enraged and threatens to shoot you and retreat to their car as if they're getting a weapon, by law you can defend yourself and use deadly force. Also if you have witnesses backing up your story then it helps you a lot.

The problem with hayes story is a another thing that is taught to potential CHL owners is SHOOT YOUR TARGET. Because if you shoot or kill and innocent bystander then you will be charged and convicted.

A lot of people get their license, but cant aim or shoot for shyt. Then they wanna play hero and shoot the "bad guy" but kill someone else. It happens a lot. Thats why most instructors preach going to the range as much as possible.

With that being said, if the new evidence is true. And they get witneses to corroborate hayes story, I can see him walking on smith's murder BUT because he can't aim he will get convicted of attempted murder or something of that sorts for injuring his wife.

Cardell was booked into the Orleans Parish Prison at 8:00am Sunday morning. He has one prior arrest, on August 1, 2010 for illegal carrying of a weapon, illegal possession of codeine and possession of drug paraphernalia, among other charges. He pled guilty to a weapons charge and the possession of codeine in June 2012. After a lengthy legal battle, he served six months in prison in 2014. There is no word yet on when a trial may occur.

Zero chance you're getting a CHL with prior weapons and drug charges:francis: