Will Smith from The Saints\ OSU Buckeyes killed in New Orleans tonight (UPDATE: Man found GUILTY)

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What credible information is this recap based on? It appears to me the majority of you are still attempting to create your own narratives.
The witness video posted earlier in the thread and the lawyer's comments. Still may be inaccurate, which is why I said *if confirmed* :manny:

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Did Hayes see a gun in Smith's hand?
Did Smith explicitly say "I am going to retrieve the firearm in my vehicle?"

It is possible that "I'm done talking" was intended to mean
--"I am going to call the cops" or
--"I am going to lock myself in my vehicle, write down your plate number, drive away to safety, and then call the cops + my insurer" or
--"I am going to cry in the car."

If a and b are having verbal altercation, and b says "I'm done talking" while walking **away from** a,
then a reasonable person could interpret that utterance and that act as RETREAT -- not as a threat to escalate the verbal argument to a physical dispute.
Construe it as a threat, and the shooter's self defense claim still fails if the shooter used excessive force.

I'm no Perry Mason, but the law won't side with the shooter.

It's clear that he had some understanding of the law, he shot WS, placed his weapon on the hood of the car, and calmly edited for the police. In the video you can hear the shooter say "ask ol boy over there he saw the whole thing"

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
Hayes entires actions prior and post shooting backed someone who is trying to do the right thing.

That will help him when it comes to his attorney adding credibility to his story

Daps
:mindblown: You nikkas really think you can shoot and kill someone just because they said they had a gun.

:aicmon:Y'all nikkas ain't part of the blue shield.

:rudy:Only way dude gets off is if there was a gun recovered in Smiths car and he have to be damn near in possession of it.
IANAL, but you SHOULD be able to get off on self defense if someone says they're going to get their gun an proceeds to their vehicle convincingly.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm willing to bet hayes has a CHL. Which is why he stayed on the scene and is saying self defense.

I have one and one of the laws that protect CHL owners in every state is the "accident law". Anyone who has been in the class or taught it know what I'm referring to.

You get into a fender bender, you and the other person get out of your respective vehicles. The person you hit or hit you becomes enraged and threatens to shoot you and retreat to their car as if they're getting a weapon, by law you can defend yourself and use deadly force. Also if you have witnesses backing up your story then it helps you a lot.

The problem with hayes story is a another thing that is taught to potential CHL owners is SHOOT YOUR TARGET. Because if you shoot or kill and innocent bystander then you will be charged and convicted.

A lot of people get their license, but cant aim or shoot for shyt. Then they wanna play hero and shoot the "bad guy" but kill someone else. It happens a lot. Thats why most instructors preach going to the range as much as possible.

With that being said, if the new evidence is true. And they get witneses to corroborate hayes story, I can see him walking on smith's murder BUT because he can't aim he will get convicted of attempted murder or something of that sorts for injuring his wife.

Cosign. When I got my CCW the instructor told us that if you shoot at somebody you better make sure they die. The worst thing that can happen is you shoot them and they survive. I have no idea why he said that but that stuck with me since that class.

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
:mindblown: You nikkas really think you can shoot and kill someone just because they said they had a gun.

:aicmon:Y'all nikkas ain't part of the blue shield.

:rudy:Only way dude gets off is if there was a gun recovered in Smiths car and he have to be damn near in possession of it.

He may not "get off" per sey but he'll get reduced charges like manslaughter or something like that

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
Excessive? :rudy:

Too many of you have no gun training what so ever.. You don't use a gun to injury or scare someone..:comeon:

You pull it out to kill...:lawd:

This isn't to movies where the guy with the gun aim's and shoots a knee cap:aicmon:..

I

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cosign. When I got my CCW the instructor told us that if you shoot at somebody you better make sure they die. The worst thing that can happen is you shoot them and they survive. I have no idea why he said that but that stuck with me since that class.
Low key :demonic: :skip:

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
shooter could possibly be justified. the state has a "stand your ground" law and the shooter doesn't seem to be the aggressor. if ws threatened shooter then dude doesn't have to retreat and doesn't have to wait for ws to retrieve gun. ws hot head may have earned him a trip to the crossroads. :francis:

ws being associated with the cop that killed the shooter's pop has to be one of the most random awkward coincidences ever. out of all the streets and vehicles and drivers in the city they just happen to cross paths. and ws vehicle hit shooter vehicle first starting the whole domino effect leading to his death. :mindblown:

at the end of the day they were both hot heads who were not going to back down. a man lost his life and another possibly could have his life ruined.

also the syg law doesn't work as well for black people so this is by no means a slam dunk defense.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
IANAL, but you SHOULD be able to get off on self defense if someone says they're going to get their gun an proceeds to their vehicle convincingly.

Um no the fukk you shouldn't. This ain't the wild wild west breh, people talk mucho shyt in arguments all the time. If the person does not PRESENT a clear an immediate danger to someone than that person should not be justified in murdering them.

And yes, you do shoot to kill. A dead man tells no tales.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
I don't understand where people are getting "wife beater", this is domestic violence sure and wife beater could be a semantics thing but this incident while terrible Smith does show accountability and remorse went so far to participate in counseling and was still with his wife.

Smith still comes across as a good guy with a momentary lapse of judgement and not like a Greg Hardy level scum bag.
and yet he was ready to get the gat in a vehicle accident

Daps
Um no the fukk you shouldn't. This ain't the wild wild west breh, people talk mucho shyt in arguments all the time. If the person does not PRESENT a clear an immediate danger to someone than that person should not be justified in murdering them.

And yes, you do shoot to kill. A dead man tells no tales.
Proclaiming, angrily, that you're going to get your gun and reaching into your vehicle meets that requirement.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
:what: I saw that bullshyt on YT just now, the only part that i agree with is athletes using their platform to bring awareness and possible change. However that sorry nikka didn't fool me for one second, he tried to use the black on black crime bullshyt(while admitting other races kill each other) and tried to say everyone suffered harsh prison sentences for drug offenses:snoop:. Whenever he tries to speak about the disadvantages black people go through he always tries to make it seem like everyone goes through it, yet when it comes to crime he has no problem singling us out.
what do you expect from a guy whose best friends are faux news superstars. wouldn't be surprised if he's buddy buddy with mark furhman too, shyt hannity might have introduced them.