Will Smith from The Saints\ OSU Buckeyes killed in New Orleans tonight (UPDATE: Man found GUILTY)

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
Quotes from one of the jurors

"No one there had an intent of agreeing with the second-degree murder (charge). No one. I know that may come as a surprise,” she said. “Really, what we were struggling with was not guilty — which didn’t bode well either, because (Hayes) had some responsibility for his actions.”

“I’m sorry, you don’t go just a hair shy of three times over the legal limit and your friends don’t know,” she said. “Everybody kind of loses credibility when they’re not being truthful"

"The juror said she respected the testimony of Smith’s wife, but that “I felt like maybe a lot of her memory was more of the man that she loved, rather than the man that was there that night.”

"Meanwhile, the defense team’s biggest gamble seemed to have won some sympathy from jurors. The juror said she was surprised that Hayes decided to testify in his own defense, but she thought it helped his case.
“It gave him some humanity that we were unable to see until that point,” she said."

“I know what he was trying to say about Will’s shooting, or that he thought he saw a gun,” she said. “He was on trial for his life, so you can understand how maybe in this amount of time that he has convinced himself of that, possibly. But none of us believed that.”

"Two were pretty adamant about acquittal. Five were on the fence, trying to work through the emotion of that and what it meant, and then the other five were (that) he was not going to walk away without consequences. That’s really how it stacked up,” she said."

“I know there were concerns that there would be some star-struck stuff. It carried no weight,” she said. “Cardell had a packed gallery, too, of people who cared and loved him as well.”

"The juror said she was initially “on the fence” about whether to convict Hayes of manslaughter. But as the hours passed and the jurors re-enacted the final moments of Smith’s life, the juror said she came to the conclusion that Smith was “complicit” in the scenario that unfurled on Sophie Wright Place, but that Hayes had also made an “extraordinarily bad decision.”

Juror in Will Smith trial: Murder charge never on table in 'gut-wrenching' Cardell Hayes deliberations

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Jurors seemed sensible. I'm still bewildered at the response to this trial from this site, shyt like this, defending Hayes in this situation, is stuff I expect to read on a predominantly white site/gun nuts.

The excuses, passes etc y'all were giving Hayes are the same cop apologist give to these cops in unnecessary shootings where they unreasonably perceive a threat requiring them to take lethal action. Hayes was never getting off, not sure why that was so hard for some of you to see.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Jurors seemed sensible. I'm still bewildered at the response to this trial from this site, shyt like this, defending Hayes in this situation, is stuff I expect to read on a predominantly white site/gun nuts.

The excuses, passes etc y'all were giving Hayes are the same cop apologist give to these cops in unnecessary shootings where they unreasonably perceive a threat requiring them to take lethal action. Hayes was never getting off, not sure why that was so hard for some of you to see.
Cuz Im from Louisiana, and I see someones actions differently knowing what goes down in da N.O:manny:

Agree to disagree:manny:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Cuz Im from Louisiana, and I see someones actions differently knowing what goes down in da N.O:manny:

Agree to disagree:manny:

We can agree to disagree but I don't know if being from Louisiana has anything to do with that because so am I, and I'm in New Orleans about 10 times a year.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
We can agree to disagree but I don't know if being from Louisiana has anything to do with that because so am I, and I'm in New Orleans about 10 times a year.
I forgot you was from here:krs:

Well shid you should know how them cats be actin:ufdup:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Will Smith killer Cardell Hayes' sentencing delayed to March 27
Will Smith killer Cardell Hayes' sentencing delayed to March 27

Will Smith's convicted killer Cardell Hayes will learn March 27 how many years he is to spend in prison for the crime, after a New Orleans judge Tuesday (Jan. 31) agreed to delay his sentencing.

Criminal District Judge Camille Buras granted a defense request to delay Hayes' sentencing to allow more time for the completion of transcripts from last month's high-profile trial. Hayes had been scheduled for sentencing Feb. 17.

Hayes was convicted Dec. 11 of manslaughter and attempted manslaughter in connection with the fatal shooting of Smith and the wounding of the retired player's wife Racquel Smith in a Lower Garden District road rage incident April 9, 2016.

The 29-year-old tow truck driver fatally shot the retired Saints defensive lineman April 9 after a traffic dispute in the Lower Garden District.

Hayes faces 20 to 40 years on the manslaughter conviction and up to 20 years on the attempted manslaughter count. District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro said Dec. 12 that his office would recommend that Hayes be sentenced to the maximum term on both counts, and that they be served consecutively for a total of 60 years.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Looks like there is another lawyer representing his sentencing:

Cardell Hayes' sentencing delayed to March after new co-counsel requests more time
Cardell Hayes' sentencing delayed to March after new co-counsel requests more time

The sentencing of Cardell Hayes, convicted of manslaughter in the death of former New Orleans Saints defensive lineman Will Smith, has been delayed.

The sentencing date had been set for Feb. 17 but was delayed to March 27 because Hayes has a new co-counsel, Paul Barker.

Barker said he needs time to prepare post-trial motions and get up to speed on the case.

Hayes faces 20 to 40 years in prison on the manslaughter count and up to another 20 years on an attempted manslaughter count in the shooting of Smith’s wife, Racquel.

In December, a jury refused to convict Hayes of murder and attempted murder charges, sparing him a mandatory life sentence. But the 10 jurors who voted to convict Hayes of the lesser crimes said they felt he needed to be held accountable for what one of them called "an extraordinarily bad decision."

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
This the shyt the defense should of done in the first place :why:

"A doctor and an occupational therapist at University Medical Center will testify at a hearing Tuesday that was requested by the defense team for Cardell Hayes, an apparent bid for more information on the medical treatment given to the wife of the slain former Saints player Will Smith.

As Hayes prepares for his March 27 sentencing, his lawyers obtained subpoenas for Dr. Stephen Thon, an orthopedic surgeon, and Andrea Lott, an occupational therapist, to testify in the courtroom of Criminal District Judge Camille Buras.

The reason for the hearing is not disclosed in a subpoena request filed by Paul Barker, an attorney for Hayes. The local tow truck driver was convicted of manslaughter in December in connection with the killing of the former Saints defensive lineman.

But the medical professionals slated to testify work at the hospital where Racquel Smith was treated immediately after the April 9, 2016, shooting"

.Cardell Hayes lawyer to question employees at hospital where Racquel Smith treated after shooting