Will Smith from The Saints\ OSU Buckeyes killed in New Orleans tonight (UPDATE: Man found GUILTY)

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
I've been following this and in the end, I just don't know if the jury can look past him shooting him eight times in self-defense.
They can't?! They CAN't?!? They CANNOT?!?!?? What the fukk ever. So now all of sudden logic begins to apply when the shooter is black?!?! As many non-guilty cases we've seen with cops UNLOADING full clips into the BACK of nikkas (some dont even make it to trial) but you telling me that they all logically sound all of a fukking sudden?!? Man get out the window...dont even look nikka just go over there and fall out

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
They can't?! They CAN't?!? They CANNOT?!?!?? What the fukk ever. So now all of sudden logic begins to apply when the shooter is black?!?! As many non-guilty cases we've seen with cops UNLOADING full clips into the BACK of nikkas (some dont even make it to trial) but you telling me that they all logically sound all of a fukking sudden?!? Man get out the window...dont even look nikka just go over there and fall out
So you acknowledge that its fukked up when cops do it but you want a black man to get away with doing it to another black man?

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You're getting real emotional about this. As stated, I didn't feel one way or the other about a conviction. I was just stating a potential outcome which turned out to be true. Don't take your frustration out on me.

Daps
Lol @ him wanting to catch a body. Celebrity is the only reason Hayes is gonna do a bid. If Drew Brees and the rest of those Saints fakkits weren't strolling around Hayes would likely be a free man
It's crazy seeing people on here calling Hayes a 'thug' and insisting that he 'wanted to kill someone that night' when nothing in his past points to him being a thug and he got into a similar incident (hit and run) a few months prior and was able to chase that driver down and end that incident without any further troubles. Probably cuz that car wasn't full of drunken men acting like aggressive fools.

I actually don't believe it was Will Smith's celebrity that got Hayes convicted. I think the celebrity led to the irregularities in the investigation, but I think it was the 'Big, scary, Black man' effect that got him convicted. :snoop:

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
I actually don't believe it was Will Smith's celebrity that got Hayes convicted. I think the celebrity led to the irregularities in the investigation, but I think it was the 'Big, scary, Black man' effect that got him convicted. :snoop:

I agree. If it was Smith celebrity, Hayes would be guilty the second-degree murder but the jury knocks it down to manslaughter. I feel the 8 women to 4 men ratio, play a part.

Sucks for Hayes, a stupid white boy and a drunk got him locked.

I hope judge gives him some leeway.

The dude tweets min for 20 years, but I keep looking for a min. manslaughter sentence in LA I can't find anything. I only see 40 years max.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
This non unanimous bullshyt has to go.

:dwillhuh:

Just finding out that Louisiana and Oregon (I think Oregon still has it in effect) are the only places that do that.

:wow:

Prosecutors dispute that Louisiana’s non-unanimous jury law is aimed at suppressing the rights of blacks. They said the constitutional convention in 1898 was related to voting rights, not juries at criminal trials.

“The comments should not be taken out of context and forcibly grafted onto the issue herein,” Boudreaux wrote.

Fisher countered: “The state contends that this abhorrent purpose animated only the grandfather clause and literacy test that came out of the convention. But the State offers no reason why the nonunanimity rule does not share the same taint.”

“Public discourse of the [late 1800s] era viewed black votes in jury rooms with the same kind of derision as black votes at the ballot box,” Fisher wrote in his brief. He cited an 1873 letter to a newspaper complaining: “If a Negro be on trial for any crime, [a black juror] becomes at once his earnest champion, and a hung jury is the usual result.” Unanimous juries for criminal convictions? Supreme Court declines case.

this entire situation sucks.

...had will smith pulled over after he hit hayes he might still be alive.

...had his white boy friend with the big mouth ...who ran off and left his wife when shyt got real :scust:... minded his own business smith might still be alive.

...dude had a .235 bac tho :damn: and i'm sure his friends were lit too. we all know liquor and drama don't mix

i think will smith was drunk and aggy, his people were out of control, and the situation went bad after gun talk started. someone was gonna get shot that night. in my mind hayes had no choice once will headed back to the wagon. he knew the guy was drunk, his people acting crazy, will said he was getting the burner, nothing left to discuss at that point. ..

What happened to the gun Smith was alleged to have threatened Hayes with retrieving and using on him? Someone in this thread said no gun was ever recovered.

Last edited:

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
This is some sad shyt...

I was sitting talking to an O.G. about this and dude stated, no matter how much evidence you have it's not about that, it's about white folks locking up another black man. Any chance they are going to get, they will do it.

One black man dead, now another one is locked up for 20 years. 2 black men gone over some silly shyt.

Now you have Hayes son without a father smh.. Truly some sad shyt.

When are they are going to test the bullet fragments in the wife's legs

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I hope judge gives him some leeway.

The dude tweets min for 20 years, but I keep looking for a min. manslaughter sentence in LA I can't find anything. I only see 40 years max.
I think that guy said manslaughter minimum is 10 years, but with a gun minimum is 20.

They never took it out of her leg cuz they said it was too big of a medical risk...

Pitfalls0117

Invokana Trump
Daps
Reppin
NJ->BOS->DC
This is some sad shyt...

I was sitting talking to an O.G. about this and dude stated, no matter how much evidence you have it's not about that, it's about white folks locking up another black man. Any chance they are going to get, they will do it.

One black man dead, now another one is locked up for 20 years. 2 black men gone over some silly shyt.

Now you have Hayes son without a father smh.. Truly some sad shyt.

:mjcry:
One dead and one about to be sent to the fields in Angola. Sickening

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh:

Just finding out that Louisiana and Oregon (I think Oregon still has it in effect) are the only places that do that.

:wow:

What happened to the gun Smith was alleged to have threatened Hayes with retrieving and using on him? Someone in this thread said no gun was ever recovered.
Next to Ray Lewis' white suit

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Lol @ him wanting to catch a body. Celebrity is the only reason Hayes is gonna do a bid. If Drew Brees and the rest of those Saints fakkits weren't strolling around Hayes would likely be a free man
Self defense is would be easier to believe if:

1. Smith ever even got his hand on his gun (safety was still on)

2.Why shoot a man 8 times? If thats adrenaline, well adrenaline gets people locked up every day,