Will Smith from The Saints\ OSU Buckeyes killed in New Orleans tonight (UPDATE: Man found GUILTY)

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
You seem to think your ignorance of the law and basing your opnion on ignorance and emotionalism has an effect on those of us who think logically.
If you pull your gun out in defense (you only have the cover to do so in the event that you think your life is reasonably in danger) if that is the case, it doesn't matter if you shoot once, twice, or 8 times, you fire until the threat is subdued. On top of that if Smith said he was going to get a gun after threatening Hayes and his other friend is already trying to attack him and calling him slurs, Hayes doesn't "owe" him the right to grab the gun and draw down.

So you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm sure both of you are smart enough to realize there is no way to prove that Will actually said he was going to get his gun. What if Racquel had successfully calmed him down enough to the point where he wouldn't have retrieved it or even if he retrieved it, its possible he never may have used it. Hayes knew he was armed and was the trump card in his pocket. Will possibly stating he had his own gun was enough for him to unload his and then feel justified. And are we assuming Will isn't going to get his own gun because Hayes has made it known he had his. So at that point who is SYG? I'm sorry that is an issue to me. But really that is neither here nor there, the bigger problem in these cases is everyone has their own opinion on where the line is when someone can reasonably fear for their lives. As the years pass that line is getting lower and lower. I am of the opinion if there is no imminent threat, there is no reasonable amount of fear for ones lives. I mean we have people getting a way with shooting people because they got into a fist fight they couldn't win. Where do we draw the line? People are to p*ssy these days.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'm sure both of you are smart enough to realize there is no way to prove that Will actually said he was going to get his gun. What if Racquel had successfully calmed him down enough to the point where he wouldn't have retrieved it or even if he retrieved it, its possible he never may have used it. Hayes knew he was armed and was the trump card in his pocket. Will possibly stating he had his own gun was enough for him to unload his and then feel justified. And are we assuming Will isn't going to get his own gun because Hayes has made it known he had his. So at that point who is SYG? I'm sorry that is an issue to me. But really that is neither here nor there, the bigger problem in these cases is everyone has their own opinion on where the line is when someone can reasonably fear for their lives. As the years pass that line is getting lower and lower. I am of the opinion if there is no imminent threat, there is no reasonable amount of fear for ones lives. I mean we have people getting a way with shooting people because they got into a fist fight they couldn't win. Where do we draw the line? People are to p*ssy these days.

You can talk about what if and golden rainbows all you want.
Hayes, O'Neil and the defense are laying out a beautiful case of Smith and Hernandez being agitated and wild, while witnesses unconnected and even off-duty cops have called Hayes calm and collected. You got one man taking off his shirt issuing death threats and beating on his chest, you got Smith reported by other witnesses as saying he is going to get his gun, you have an off duty cop saying Hayes was in the car reaching for the glovebox, you have those speaking on behalf of Smith being entirely discredited by their own testimony.

Defense is strongly building and providing support for the Hayes narrative.
As for you dislike of SYG, the law isn't on trial here, so your bigger picture talk is irrelevant.

goatnole

BamaBoy!
Daps
Reppin
FSU
I want to see how they're going to justify the 7-8 shots, never seen it done before.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
You can talk about what if and golden rainbows all you want.
Hayes, O'Neil and the defense are laying out a beautiful case of Smith and Hernandez being agitated and wild, while witnesses unconnected and even off-duty cops have called Hayes calm and collected. You got one man taking off his shirt issuing death threats and beating on his chest, you got Smith reported by other witnesses as saying he is going to get his gun, you have an off duty cop saying Hayes was in the car reaching for the glovebox, you have those speaking on behalf of Smith being entirely discredited by their own testimony.

Defense is strongly building and providing support for the Hayes narrative.
As for you dislike of SYG, the law isn't on trial here, so your bigger picture talk is irrelevant.

So far I haven't read anything that would cause for the death of anyone involved. The reasoning you typed in your post is not punishable by death. And a dead man isn't reaching for anything, its ludicrous he was even allowed to say so.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
So far I haven't read anything that would cause for the death of anyone involved. The reasoning you typed in your post is not punishable by death. And a dead man isn't reaching for anything, its ludicrous he was even allowed to say so.
If hayes can prove to a jury of his peers that he reasonable felt fear of death or serious bodily harm he has grounds for doing what he did and that includes using lethal force to stop Smith from following up on the threat.

Its your opinoin Smith wasn't reaching for anything, we don't know, but so far we have the wife saying he kept a gun in the glove box, we have fact that there was a gun in his car, we have a witness who is a police officer saying it looked like Smith was reaching for the glovebox.

So for you to claim its ludicrious for anyone to believe Smith was reaching for a gun shows you aren't objectively looking at the pattern and order of events presented by Smith's family and friends as well as Hayes.

On top of that, we still don't know if it was Hayes that actually shot Smith's wife, it could possibly have been Smith

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Guess that answers the question of who shot his wife.
ballistics from wife shooting would clear it up definitely. I think its known the revolver wasn't fired, so it would be left to the 9mm Smith had or the .45acp Hayes had and it should be very easy to see which one shot the wife

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

goatnole

BamaBoy!
Daps
Reppin
FSU
ballistics from wife shooting would clear it up definitely. I think its known the revolver wasn't fired, so it would be left to the 9mm Smith had or the .45acp Hayes had and it should be very easy to see which one shot the wife
Thought it said that all guns were tested and that Hayes gun was the only one fired.