Will Smith felt broken after failure of "After Earth"

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again tho..everyone died..you're picking movies where EVERY damn character died minus one. Idris' character may have died but he was also the smartest one there and had the best plan and went out like a hero. And he, along with everyone else except one character, died.

AE can't make bank because it was a boring flick breh lol. Like I get what you're saying, I feel you, I just feel like you're using the wrong movie to champion your cause right now. Will was a strong black lead in I Robot and he lived. Sci Fi is his thing but it didn't work for him this go round. Nothing wrong with that; not every movie is going to be a hit, sometimes you gotta go back to the drawing board and adjust which is exactly what he's doing and I commend him for that.

Edge of Tomorrow flopped too and that was great sci fi, Guardians succeeded because it has the marvel logo attached to it and while I loved the movie, I understand why some don't and that's cool. I disagree with your claims about it but it is what it is at this point.

it made 370 mill globally....so wtf are you talking about ?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the shyt never makes sense, there's some real jewish accounting going on.

i read something where lucas claimed star wars will never make a profit, how the hell is that possible

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
People just not into that Star Trek, Star Ways, Alien bullshyt any more... has nothing to do with Will

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Studio says its a flop, so its a flop breh. Y'all gotta start going by studio estimates and not just looking at that number because that's what they look at. When they estimate it to make more than that and it doesn't, that means they have more invested than they're making public and need it to make more than what it did

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
All depends on the budget and the marketing budget breh. If I make a movie for 150 mil but it only makes 200 or 250, then that's an L I gotta take. If I shoot it for 55 and it makes 150, that's a big big W
The Denzel movie didn't flop tho he actually bank like muthafukrr

Not to actors his age or will can bank like that

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Denzel movie didn't flop tho he actually bank like muthafukrr

Not to actors his age or will can bank like that

Wasn't a flop here but international markets matter a whole lot more now than they used to so there's the desire for flicks to kill it in the U.S. and overseas. If it underperforms in any place the studios have issues. Although isn't a sequel to the equalizer already greenlit?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's making horrible choices with what movies he's picking.

Last time I was interested to check out a will smith movie it was 7 pounds