Will Rockstar always be the gold standard for Free roam/Sandbox games?

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Rockstar get unconditional love for blessing me with san andreas and the warriors :wow:

They're at risk of losing my respect though with the move towards online focused penny pinching.

Nobodyknows

All Star
Daps
Reppin
UK
They haven’t been the good standard since San Andreas. GG, insomniac, and Ubisoft have all made better OW games in recent years

:mjgrin: @ Spider-Man & Sunset overdrive being better. More innovative maybe, but Spider-Man has next to none replay value.

Ubisoft games are the same shyt with different franchises. Watch Dogs 2 is the best OW Game they’ve got and that franchise always had high expectations it failed to keep.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
:mjgrin: @ Spider-Man & Sunset overdrive being better. More innovative maybe, but Spider-Man has next to none replay value.

Ubisoft games are the same shyt with different franchises. Watch Dogs 2 is the best OW Game they’ve got and that franchise always had high expectations it failed to keep.

Spoken like someone who hasn’t played any games from those studios

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Project Red and Naughty Dog needs to create at least 3 more IPs and have them become hits.

I'm not impressed by Naughty Dog, all they have is Uncharted and TLOU :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

CD project Red has ONE good game and the other isn't out yet :gucci:

Meanwhile, Rockstar churned out cult classics Bully, Manhunt, Midnight Club

the Mainstays GTA and Red Dead franchises which both have 3+ games in the series.

Naughty Dog has Jak And Daxter too.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
GTA V is the gold standard of Sandbox like Budweiser is the gold standard of beers. It’s extremely popular and sells better than everything else but is highly deficient...in GTA’s case it is highly deficient gameplay wise. shyt is so old and archaic...shooting sucks and is dull.

You realize you're talking bout a game technically from last generation that is over 6 yrs old right?

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Project Red and Naughty Dog needs to create at least 3 more IPs and have them become hits.

I'm not impressed by Naughty Dog, all they have is Uncharted and TLOU :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

CD project Red has ONE good game and the other isn't out yet :gucci:

Meanwhile, Rockstar churned out cult classics Bully, Manhunt, Midnight Club

the Mainstays GTA and Red Dead franchises which both have 3+ games in the series.

Bully was ass

Nobodyknows

All Star
Daps
Reppin
UK
Spoken like someone who hasn’t played any games from those studios
I’ve finished Spider-Man and played Sunset Overdrive.
I also completed 2 of the Far Cry games, Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and a good amount of the AC games. Now, tell me where I was wrong? The only studio I don’t think I’ve played any games from is GG which is why I didn’t mention it.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
You realize you're talking bout a game technically from last generation that is over 6 yrs old right?

What does that matter...the thread is calling it the Gold Standard so if that's the case it needs to stand the test of time.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I’ve finished Spider-Man and played Sunset Overdrive.
I also completed 2 of the Far Cry games, Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and a good amount of the AC games. Now, tell me where I was wrong? The only studio I don’t think I’ve played any games from is GG which is why I didn’t mention it.

And if you don’t think any of those games are better than RDR2 and GTAV well you just have shyt taste

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Idk man Cyberpunk 2077 looks pretty promising. CD Project Red might give Rockstar a run for their money if the game becomes a hit like The Witcher 3.

CDPR doesn't make games for every gamer, zero chance CyberPunk gives GTA VI s run for it's money.