Will Returnal be another PS5 heavy hitter?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
this is a really, really niche kind of game and people are talking it waaaaaaaaaay past what it actually is
I’d be surprised if reviewers don’t like it, it’s basically bullet-hell hades with good graphics
I never said its wild to wait for reviews, I said its wild where the skepticism is coming from

This is pretty much the same kind of game as bloodborne.

:dahell:

are you getting paid for this?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
this is a really, really niche kind of game and people are talking it waaaaaaaaaay past what it actually is

:dahell:

are you getting paid for this?

for what, saying what kind of game it is? Are we not gonna act like hades and blood borne aren’t also niche games?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
for what saying what kind of game it is? Are we not gonna act like hades and blood borne aren’t also niche games?
they're some of the greatest games of their genres to the point where they brought in people that never would've fukked with those types of games at all. and both came from studios that got several cult classics to their resume.

returnal ain't coming close to either of those
and housemarque ain't got that kind of clout to warrant such high expectations either

being skeptical for a game like this ain't crazy at all :dead:

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
It’s 70$?:picard:

I’m still copping because from the gameplay it looks like something I’ll sink a lot of time in. But why does it gotta be 70$?
That's the base price for Next-Gen games going forward, unless the publisher decides to price it for less.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
they're some of the greatest games of their genres to the point where they brought in people that never would've fukked with those types of games at all. and both came from studios that got several cult classics to their resume.

returnal ain't coming close to either of those
and housemarque ain't got that kind of clout to warrant such high expectations either

being skeptical for a game like this ain't crazy at all :dead:

That doesn’t mean they aren’t niche games, bloodborne sold a little over 2 million, and hades even less. There’s a difference between games that are mainstream hits and cult favorites, BB and Hades fall into the latter 2.

We haven’t played Returnal so we have no clue what impact it has on gaming or the genre it’s in. All I’m saying is that all 3 of these games are niche titles that emphasize gameplay over everything else, they all also happen to be challenging, rogue-like-ish games.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Looks pretty good

Demon souls already crushed the buildings though, playstation is gonna have alot of fire, when dont they.
Imagine what they already have.... they can keep adding to that too.

Its funny nobody ever brings up Bloodbourne when that's one of the greatest games of all time

Daps
That's the base price for Next-Gen games going forward, unless the publisher decides to price it for less.
no that's the price they will try to make next gen games have
it's up to the consumers to decide what they want
already talking as if we have no choice but because people mindlessly buy brand name in the age of consumerism, games will eventually become 80 then 90 then 100...:francis:
That's how these corporations work

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
no that's the price they will try to make next gen games have
it's up to the consumers to decide what they want
already talking as if we have no choice but because people mindlessly buy brand name in the age of consumerism, games will eventually become 80 then 90 then 100...:francis:
That's how these corporations work
What can I say :yeshrug:

Maybe this will cause a drop in mid-tier, "AA" games