Will any big budget non animated movie be a huge hit this summer?

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall forgetting the sleeper. The purge - election year.

It built a loyal fan following and got better with each one and im surprised it got the 4th of july weekend. Rated R fukkery too

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By Halloween, all the loose ass American women gonna have a near naked version of Harley Quinn costume. I mean, SS has the potential to be a cultural phenomenon.

True but thats just the cosplay model broads doing it for coin not because they are so in love with the character

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ

It built a loyal fan following and got better with each one and im surprised it got the 4th of july weekend. Rated R fukkery too

We'll see. There haven't been many big Rated R hits on the top level besides Deadpool and that's because of the marketing mixed with the word of mouth.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

It's a low budget flick though... it'll make enough for another sequel. Its the way to go. Same with Conjuring and horror in general.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
who asked for this? do adults care about this source material, and do kids even know it's a thing? i think the cgi looks like shyt too.
:mindblown:

breh WE are the adults now... book been out since 82 and every one pretty much knows the story, had it read to them, or read it in school

i know i'll be taking my son to see it... i didn't ask for it but i'm damn sure not about to pass it up :wow:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
F4 didn't have ANY good buzz from the moment that shyt was announced breh:martin:

Dawn Of Justice was plagued for months with rumors of Warner Bros. freaking out and not being happy with Zaxk Snyder
Nah you don't remember. BVS before the RT reviews, somewhere in Mexico it was some special screening with alot people waiting to watch. That early reception highly praised bvs and people even say they cried

Dudes was going off that hype in the official bvs thread talking mad shyt about it would shut down mcu. ..I remember

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
who asked for this? do adults care about this source material, and do kids even know it's a thing? i think the cgi looks like shyt too.

Both my daughters want to see the BFG as they read the books within the past 4 years... My kids go to schools where they are required to do a certain amount of independent reading so they know the BFG. they know a lot of books they would like to see as movies.. and there's a few I wanna see to

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
What’s that funny smell?

The pong coming from your local multiplex should be a hint that this has not been a great year at the movies.

Halfway through 2016, there are already flops a’plenty at the box office.

Latest brouhaha concerns Steven Spielberg’s The BFG — Big Friendly Giant — a dull affair that has been ignored by moviegoers. The movie did not have a big opening, an almost unheard-of phenomenon when you’re talking Spielberg.

It cost somewhere in the neighbourhood of $140 million to make, and brought in just under $20 million on opening weekend.

Of course, the movie could still do well internationally, so this is all moot.

But Spielberg is in good company. It has been a strange time for movies, with all kinds of projects unexpectedly crashing and burning at the box office. Of course, there are different ways of defining a flop — Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Warcraft are both behemoths of dreck, but international audiences will ensure that both are money-makers.

Then there are the bona fide financial losers on the big screen. Before listing some of this year’s biggest bombs, allow us to observe that audiences seem to be losing patience with remakes, sequels, re-imaginings, reboots and other euphemisms for tired retreads.

Gods of Egypt

The film got negative press before it opened, mostly for having white actors playing Egyptians, and plenty of negative press after it opened, because of bad storytelling and clunky special effects. And an excess of cheese.

Alice Through The Looking Glass

There are lots of reasons given for the failure of this movie — Johnny Depp’s box office appeal is waning, Tim Burton didn’t direct, the marketing wasn’t great — but really, did we need it? Alice in Wonderland was a so-so movie that turned out to be a big money-maker. Any sequel just looks like greed.

The Finest Hours

Disney honcho Robert Iger told Variety back in the March that the film would lose $75 million. The Finest Hours is set in the 1950s and concerns a real-life, heroic coast guard rescue. Nobody cared.

Independence Day: Resurgence

As the trades reported, this sequel made less in its opening weekend than the original 1996 movie did. Since movie tickets in 1996 cost half of what they cost now, you can see the problem. Two minutes of cool special effects did not compensate for two hours of dreary exposition.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Did we mention that unnecessary sequels struck moviegoers as greedy cash-grabs?

This film is considered better than the original, but earned $35 million on its U.S. opening weekend — and the original earned $65 million.

The Huntsman: Winter’s War

Another sequel nobody was buying. Loss estimates range from $30 - 70 million, depending upon who you ask. Kristen Stewart is probably thanking her lucky stars she avoided that mess.

The Nice Guys

This one is particularly tragic, as it suggests a grim future for certain types of movies. The Nice Guys got great reviews, but nobody went to see it. According to boxofficeflops.com, this film and Neighbours 2 created competition for one another, hurting both; on a $60 million budget, The Nice Guys will probably earn $35 million. Neighbours 2, meanwhile, also underperformed.

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping

Here’s another sad story. The comedy got decent reviews but still earned back only half its budget.

X-Men: Apocalypse

No matter what else anyone tells you, this movie had a poor opening, earning $65 million where $100 million had been predicted. Superhero fatigue, anyone?

Zoolander 2

Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be.

Spielberg's 'BFG' flop joins 'Zoolander 2' and 'X-Men' as one of 2016's biggest bombs

They are all flopping :wow:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
it's most tonedeaf movie summer of all time. no one wants most of these movies. Tarzan made $40 mil and it was a huge surprise... the shyt cost way more than that to make, they were just expecting a massive flop