Will any big budget non animated movie be a huge hit this summer?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
i don't think any of these will do more than expected. Maybe Bourne and SS do slightly better. Star Trek will be a modest hit. Ghostbusters is DOA.

if Suicide Squad "flops" this summer is WOAT. it's not out of the realm of possibility. Do people see it making $100 mil opening weekend? i don't even know what that movie is looking for.
Not a 100...but I don't see it flopping. It's got buzz and it looks so much different than the crap that's been out. But it's such a crowded summer i guess anything is possible.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I hope Hollywood gets the hint that no one wants sequels to average ass movies.
I'm afraid it's going to take a very long time before they understand that, if ever. Or their answer is probably going to be "GIVE 'EM MORE SUPERHERO MOVIES THEN!"

Most of Hollywood is lazy.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
"brand recognition!" The BFG is a brand, homie! Roald Dahl's 4th or 5th most famous book that falls between age ranges and doesn't really have a specific target audience is a brand! They didn't even really push the Spielberg name for that one.

Tarzan is a "brand." Ask a kid who Tarzan is, and he might say "... is that the ape guy?" They literally put out a big budget smash hit Jungle Book movie 2 months ago with Mowgli, who is basically kid Tarzan. That studio had the rights to Tarzan (which has to be public domain at this point, no?) and said "fukk it, let's throw $100+ mil behind i, maybe we'll squeek out a profit!"

"We have a bunch of really excellent tv pilot scripts this year." "Yeah, well we need brand recognition, just make a black tv version of an old John Hughes movie. How could that fail?"

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
people dont want some movies period. 2 comedies with seemingly fresh premises and good reviews no one bothered with. spending 30 bucks to go see a flick with someone is quickly becoming a thing of the past. i havent been to a theater since django was out, and dont feel like i missed a thing

Yeah its weird but its true. In theory I like movies, but only a small percentage seem interesting and then a smaller percentage actually end up enjoyable.

Theres a reason barely any legit movies stars still exist other than The Rock. Hollywood needs to shake it up...

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
1939's Jesse James is what kicked that off. Horse went over a cliff and died. Pretty shocking. I watched the movie a few years ago and was like :damn: :mjcry:
they actually let the horses run off a cliff:dahell50mayne:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i don't think any of these will do more than expected. Maybe Bourne and SS do slightly better. Star Trek will be a modest hit. Ghostbusters is DOA.

if Suicide Squad "flops" this summer is WOAT. it's not out of the realm of possibility. Do people see it making $100 mil opening weekend? i don't even know what that movie is looking for.
I was talking quality not box office

Squad will be huge though

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
they actually let the horses run off a cliff:dahell50mayne:
Let him? They had a chute system rigged to PUSH him off. :snoop:

cliff1.jpg

The horse freaked out (rightfully so) and drowned.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Ghostbusters came, sucked, and flopped.

Haven's heard anyone go nuts over Bourn.

Star Trek was a well received hit, I guess. there's one!

Suicide Squad is getting shyt on, but will rake cash. Wouldn't be shocked at the massive 2nd week dropoff though.

Ben Hur is gonna make like $10 mil opening weekend.

I gotta be honest, this is stretching beyond the summer. I'm excited for Dr. Strange, Fantastic Beasts and Rogue One, but haven't been blown away by anything I've seen so far.

This may very well be the WOAT year for movies.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Ghostbusters came, sucked, and flopped.

Haven's heard anyone go nuts over Bourn.

Star Trek was a well received hit, I guess. there's one!

Suicide Squad is getting shyt on, but will rake cash. Wouldn't be shocked at the massive 2nd week dropoff though.

Ben Hur is gonna make like $10 mil opening weekend.

I gotta be honest, this is stretching beyond the summer. I'm excited for Dr. Strange, Fantastic Beasts and Rogue One, but haven't been blown away by anything I've seen so far.

This may very well be the WOAT year for movies.
All im excited for is Passengers and we still don't have a trailer yet. Its august. That worries me

Conz

Superstar
Daps
All im excited for is Passengers and we still don't have a trailer yet. Its august. That worries me
good call. great script, completely forgot it was being made.

I'm pretty "who gives a fukk" about Rogue One and Dr. Strange and I'm a "Disney fanboy." Everyone jizzed over the trailers, and i was like "people are gonna dislike these movies, no question."

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
good call. great script, completely forgot it was being made.

I'm pretty "who gives a fukk" about Rogue One and Dr. Strange and I'm a "Disney fanboy." Everyone jizzed over the trailers, and i was like "people are gonna dislike these movies, no question."
what made you think people are going to dislike either one of those. Rogue One is star wars. Dr. Strange is inception with magic fukkery and good actors. How much money they will make is one thing but the trailers have given no indication that they'll be subpar films

Conz

Superstar
Daps
what made you think people are going to dislike either one of those. Rogue One is star wars. Dr. Strange is inception with magic fukkery and good actors. How much money they will make is one thing but the trailers have given no indication that they'll be subpar films
b/c whike Rogue One is Star Wars, it's not an episode, and i just think people are stupid. They're gonna have to make the final trailer 2 minutes of Vader to get Episode money. I really think these Star Wars Stories are going to be liked but not cherished or anything. I don't give a fukk about a young Han Solo either to be perfectly honest. I'm also tired of the damn Death Star, and while I'm still seeing it, i don't give half a fukk about the stealing of the blueprints.

and Strange just doesn't look great to me so far. I'm just :yeshrug:on it. Everyone talkin about how those Inception style shots with the buildings looks incredible and i don't agree. I predict it's the lowest grossing Marvel movie in a while. Less than Ant-man, but that machine is so well oiled, maybe regular folk want in off the name alone. I'm sure I'm wrong.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
b/c whike Rogue One is Star Wars, it's not an episode, and i just think people are stupid. They're gonna have to make the final trailer 2 minutes of Vader to get Episode money. I really think these Star Wars Stories are going to be liked but not cherished or anything. I don't give a fukk about a young Han Solo either to be perfectly honest. I'm also tired of the damn Death Star, and while I'm still seeing it, i don't give half a fukk about the stealing of the blueprints.

I agree with the Han Solo flick, and really any other "young X" movie, but Rogue One will have the juice after the next trailer. I don't think anyone is expecting Force Awakens money though.