WIGGINS = is showing possible bust potential

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
You know whats funny about all this is the Paul Pierce love over Andrew Wiggins........Wiggins is much better than PP in their freshman years:ufdup:

As a freshman, Pierce only averaged 11.9 ppg on 41.9 FG% and 30.4 3PT% while Wiggins is giving you 16.0 ppg on 44.7 FG% and 37.0 3PT% currently.

Why the revisionist history?:dwillhuh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude will be no next LeBron James for damn sure. :camby:

its true his game will never be like LeBron but he can be a dominant force in the NBA for 10 years like Bron has been

Wiggins will be a SUPERSTAR. I have watched almost every Kansas game since 2014 start. His skills are made for the NBA not the college game. He's basically been forced to be a catch and shoot player because of how teams play Kansas and has been damn good. I've been VERY impressed with his shooting ability. He's gonna be a damn good shooter in the league. His handle needs work but so did KD's coming out. And now KD got maybe the best handle outside of the PG position.

Its funny but my biggest concern having watched Wiggins is his explosiveness. Specifically his lack of ability to explode off one leg. He's almost exclusively a two legged jumper right now. And if he's gonna be a force in the league driving the basket, he's gonna have to learn how to explode of one leg more consistently.

Wiggins should be no lower than the #2 pick in this draft and I'd personally still consider him #1 over Embiid depending on the team. If Philly for example gets the #1 pick, they should take him since they already got Noel.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People forget that even Carmelo dominated his one season in college. So, Wiggins have no excuse. When people were saying he was going to be the next LeBron. :camby:

Carmelo is a different type of player. His skills were more suited for college. Same with Durant. Both had tremendous catch and shoot skills and were deadly outside shooters. College game is less isolation and pick n rolls than the pros. There is less room to operate. Less cutting lanes. More congestion in the paint. Less talented players to spread the floor. Etc.

Guys like Melo and Durant are gonna perform better in that environment than guys like D-Rose or Westbrook who game is slashing. However, in the pros it evens out. Slashers game is allowed to shine more and the more complete players like Durant and Melo are still able to dominate.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: he's right. Only Freshmen to dominate college basketball in the last 10 years were Durant and Beasley. Wiggins is right now having a better year statistically than D-Rose.

dunno why you found that funny

Seum's WOAT?????:mjlol:

I just finally notice that. :dead:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
its amazing a freshman can average 17 points 6 boards, play top notch defense in the toughest conference in college basketball , shoot 46% from the floor 37% from threea dn near 80% at the free throw line and be called a bust :heh:

most these dudes have never watched him play. they just look at box scores and assume because its college he should be averaging more points than Durant is dropping in the pros

these fools don't even know that Michael Jordan never averaged over 20ppg in 3 years of college ball

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
most these dudes have never watched him play. they just look at box scores and assume because its college he should be averaging more points than Durant is dropping in the pros

these fools don't even know that Michael Jordan never averaged over 20ppg in 3 years of college ball

Exactly that's why I don't really care too much about college averages but here is some shyt that I notice and it disappoints me about nba caliber players in college...they are generally very passive and seem to lack a selfish attitude to a degree...look at Drummond he was on a loaded team but Shabbat Napier was freezing him out but Anthony davis would effect the game In multiple ways....also another thing I generally notice is rebounding translates from college to the nba and free throw shooting also.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why is there an "=" sign in the thread title?

:dahell:

Apex

Banned
Daps
People need to calm down. He's a raw talent, but as an NBA GM, you take these risks. Many NBA teams could have taken this risk with Drummond... and now they're regretting it. As far as I'm concerned, Wiggins' potential is off-the-charts and obviously playing at Kansas isn't going to bring out the best in him.

Oh, and by the way... it was one bad game. Wiggins has actually played decent basketball at Kansas and come draft day, don't be surprised if he's selected at #2, right after Embiid.:obama:

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Unless your name is Kyrie Irving.

Look man. There is no question. He is overrated. You cannot debate that.

Good College Ball player Yes. Definitely.

Next Lebron.

No. Lebron was MUCH better at that age.

In the future. Who knows. Gotta go by what you see.

Nobody called him the next Lebron. I'm tired of y'all running & saying that bullshyt on here. He was hyped as arguably the best prospect since LeBron or Durant. He's one of the best players in the nation. Stop with the tired ass narratives on here.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nobody called him the next Lebron. I'm tired of y'all running & saying that bullshyt on here. He was hyped as arguably the best prospect since LeBron or Durant. He's one of the best players in the nation. Stop with the tired ass narratives on here.

honestly he had about the same hype as Shabaz last year....This class was thought to be so good because there were multiple talents available not because Wiggins was supposed to be Bron...They said he is one of the best pro prospects since Bron...Not saying he was better then Wall, Rose, Durant, a bunch of others...Every year there are hyped up guys...

Ya'll see what MCW did at Cuse not much of anything the NBA is a different game...You have dudes like Adam Morrision who could score 28pt a night in college but it didn't translate to the NBA.

Michael Beasly was the last dude I remember down right dominating college basketball to the tune of 27pt and 12rb a night...Dudes on UK and KU aren't going to put up big numbers no way no how to much additional talent...shyt Wiggins may not even be the highest pick on his team and he plays with 3 other potential 1st rd picks outside of himself and Embiid.

bangedher_wholesquad

carlos danger
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You don't live in Toronto Canada.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
honestly he had about the same hype as Shabaz last year....This class was thought to be so good because there were multiple talents available not because Wiggins was supposed to be Bron...They said he is one of the best pro prospects since Bron...Not saying he was better then Wall, Rose, Durant, a bunch of others...Every year there are hyped up guys...

Exactly..his hype was big & for the most part he has lived up to it. Even with that trash game yesterday he's still averaging about 21 points over his last 3 games.

Is there things he needs to work on? Hell yeah..he needs to get used to dealing with contact. A better handle & jumping off of one leg. But for now he's a hell of a player & the best freshman I've seen at KU in over 10 years.