WIGGINS = is showing possible bust potential

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
CDR

•25 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals Michigan State to lead his team to the Elite Eight

•25 points, 3 rebounds, and 3 assists against Texas to lead his team to the Final Four

you keep bringing up cdr.
when, wiggs is nowhere near cdr going into the draft and in that tournie.
Plus, cdr was nowhere near the tier draft status that Wiggins has.
so, why do you keep making yourself look stoopid.
bringing up, comparisons and content , that clearly resonate and cosign the premise of my thread.
which is Wiggins is looking like a possible draft bust status, right now.
when, clearly Wiggins is nowhere near cdr going into the draft.
you are just coming off like a homer.
making a straw man arguement, based on bad comparison and emotional half thought out responses.

Art Barr

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I should clarify,...
yet, you should be smart enough to ascertain.
my comparieon to pierce and Wiggins at Kansas.
is me, listing the incarnation of Pierce.
that was NBA ready and entering the draft.

since, Wiggins is a one and done guy.
he will get comparison, of past players when they were in similar draft status.

Art Barr

Oh....so you're comparing an 18 year old in his freshman year of college to a 20 year old after playing 3 years of college basketball:rudy:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wiggins aint the type of player that Bron, KD or Melo is. he is much more raw. I dont base too much on college in relation to pro since they are almost two totally different games.

Harrison Barnes 2.0? Ok. But Barnes ended up being a steal for GSW. Betcha the Cavs stoopid asses wish they had Barnes instead of Waiters now. Dumb fukks. :snoop:
Barnes wasnt overrated. Roy Williams coaching style is straight ass and Barnes really suffered in the half court offense (or lack thereof) at UNC. Now Barnes is showing his worth in the league and improving.

Wiggins will take some time as well when he hits the league. these guys are so young so keep that in mind.

I think Embid will be # 1 but I dont buy into overhype in the first place because a few months ago everyone was saying how Irving was the best young PG in the league meanwhile saying Wall was a bust. Irving is definitely more popular but he aint better than Wall right now. but wait til Wall has a slump. thats how it is. its about what have you done at the moment.

keep in mind. Parker has slowed down once conference play started, likewise with Randle and Smart. the best freshman in the country is Tyler Ennis. does that mean he will be picked before Wiggins? :rudy:

the things Wiggins doesnt do well you can teach. the things he does well, you cant.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh....so you're comparing an 18 year old in his freshman year of college to a 20 year old after playing 3 years of college basketball:rudy:

exactly. Paul Pierce wasnt that good as a freshman. he was just ok. for that matter, Olajuwon wasnt either. neither was Vince. I am not saying what Wiggins will or will not be. I just say its wayyyyy too early to tell either way. I dont start evaluating guys til they are at least 23 years old.

I know its different but still, you really think after Paul George's freshman season in college people would think he would be an MVP candidate in the league 5 years later??? :bryan:
Paul George incidentally is one of the main comparisons for Wiggins...and if he gets in the right culture and environment like PG he can turn out just as good. hell I remember when they first started putting it out there that Granger was on the trading block and people said that PG wasnt ready to take over the lead scoring duties. that was just 2 years ago and George was 2 years older then than Wiggins is now. :beli:

everybody has bust potential. Wiggins gonna be ok if you compare him to George and going off college career. PG was main man at mid-major playing against lesser comp while Wiggins plays on a major that has about 5 1st rounders on the same team....3 potential lottery picks this year and the possible #1 overall pick which may not even be him. :heh:

if Wiggins were at Fresno State....we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

pierce at twenty years old.
was never projected as the top pick in the draft at eighteen.

so, yes...
we will compare the actualized draft status of wiggins as a freshie.
to the actualized draft status of pierce after his freshie year.

you can not be serious...
when, wiggins is just a one and done guy.
plus, vaulted past sports illustrated,.....
pick in parker, in a few months.

just stop the bullshyt...

art barr

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
Wiggins aint the type of player that Bron, KD or Melo is. he is much more raw. I dont base too much on college in relation to pro since they are almost two totally different games.

Harrison Barnes 2.0? Ok. But Barnes ended up being a steal for GSW. Betcha the Cavs stoopid asses wish they had Barnes instead of Waiters now. Dumb fukks. :snoop:
Barnes wasnt overrated. Roy Williams coaching style is straight ass and Barnes really suffered in the half court offense (or lack thereof) at UNC. Now Barnes is showing his worth in the league and improving.

Wiggins will take some time as well when he hits the league. these guys are so young so keep that in mind.

I think Embid will be # 1 but I dont buy into overhype in the first place because a few months ago everyone was saying how Irving was the best young PG in the league meanwhile saying Wall was a bust. Irving is definitely more popular but he aint better than Wall right now. but wait til Wall has a slump. thats how it is. its about what have you done at the moment.

keep in mind. Parker has slowed down once conference play started, likewise with Randle and Smart. the best freshman in the country is Tyler Ennis. does that mean he will be picked before Wiggins? :rudy:

the things Wiggins doesnt do well you can teach. the things he does well, you cant.
This a post a joke??? This nikka can't be serious. You some of the dumbest NBA fansI done ever seen. Its like you dues do NO research before you post.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
exactly. Paul Pierce wasnt that good as a freshman. he was just ok. for that matter, Olajuwon wasnt either. neither was Vince. I am not saying what Wiggins will or will not be. I just say its wayyyyy too early to tell either way. I dont start evaluating guys til they are at least 23 years old.

I know its different but still, you really think after Paul George's freshman season in college people would think he would be an MVP candidate in the league 5 years later??? :bryan:
Paul George incidentally is one of the main comparisons for Wiggins...and if he gets in the right culture and environment like PG he can turn out just as good. hell I remember when they first started putting it out there that Granger was on the trading block and people said that PG wasnt ready to take over the lead scoring duties. that was just 2 years ago and George was 2 years older then than Wiggins is now. :beli:

everybody has bust potential. Wiggins gonna be ok if you compare him to George and going off college career. PG was main man at mid-major playing against lesser comp while Wiggins plays on a major that has about 5 1st rounders on the same team....3 potential lottery picks this year and the possible #1 overall pick which may not even be him. :heh:

if Wiggins were at Fresno State....we wouldnt be having this conversation.

my point about wiggins is.
him not knowing the culture of American basketball.
where he did not know to leave template coaching like self alone.
in favor of a mid-major based team similar to fresno.

pg, was able to ramp up and get that nod.
plus, even my attention because he was killing at fresno.

wiggins could have elevated a mid-major and put them in a Cinderella based situation.
if he went to a college.
that really would have put him in a real position to show his skillset.
instead of being stifled by coaching that really will not metriculate to his pro career.
he went to a school.
that is known for stifling the growth of top players like him.
just poor discovery zone on his part.
to not research and properly get a guage for the American collegiate landscape.
which could ultimately hurt him.
as his coach is not going to develop a real hoss..
plus, will never understand how to cultivate a dominant player coming into the fold of their university like him.
self is no dean.
for, wiggs to choose self was a huge mistake.
it is currently showing.
on top of the fact,...
that let's say he needs mentorship as a pro.
from his college coach, and the staff.

his coach has not shown a propensity to know what to do to cultivate a dominant player.

art barr

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my point about wiggins is.
him not knowing the culture of American basketball.
where he did not know to leave template coaching like self alone.
in favor of a mid-major based team similar to fresno.

pg, was able to ramp up and get that nod.
plus, even my attention because he was killing at fresno.

wiggins could have elevated a mid-major and put them in a Cinderella based situation.
if he went to a college.
that really would have put him in a real position to show his skillset.
instead of being stifled by coaching that really will not matriculate to his pro career.
he went to a school.
that is known for stifling the growth of top players like him.
just poor discovery zone on his part.
to not research and properly get a guage for the American collegiate landscape.
which could ultimately hurt him.
as his coach is not going to.
plus, will never understand how to cultivate a dominant player coming into the fold of their university like him.
self is no dean and for him to choose self was a huge mistake.
it is currently showing.
on top of the fact,...
that let's say he needs mentorship as a pro.
from his college coach.

his coach has not shown a propensity to know what to do to cultivate a dominant player.

art barr

I agree with what you are saying because I feel he shouldve went to FSU as he considered. He wouldve been the ACC DPOY and wouldve gotten a chance to square off against great offensive players like Parker, Fair, Joe Alexander, TJ Warren, and such. he wouldve been tasked with locking them down.

I dont think he went there because he felt he was already a good defensive player so Self could help his offense better than Hamilton...who's teams have been known to be dismal offensively. Yet, Hamilton always produces a conference DPOY candidate nearly every year like Snaer and Singleton.

Wiggins was overhyped like most players and most athletes. Thats not to say he is overrated in terms of his NBA potential.

Think of it like this....suppose Wiggins was a lower ranked HS player coming out. Suppose we never heard of him? A lot of people didnt know about Paul George. So that made it seem like his ceiling was sky-high. Another Pippen. Had George came out rated #1 in HS....and people wouldve said he would be an MVP candidate, then based on his college career....it wouldve been a joke.

I dont assess guys based on everyone saying they are #1 player in HS. The bar is set too high and the college game is not as easy as it looks. In fact for a lot of guys they are either good college players and ok pros or ok college players and better pros.

If no age minimum...then Harrison Barnes wouldve been the #1 player drafted that year.

If no age minimum...then Wiggins wouldve been #1 this year.

although the last two statements are fact, they have little to do with their careers on the next level.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Andrew Wiggins will basically be 20 years old as a rookie and if he's not great now, he will probably never be great.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This a post a joke??? This nikka can't be serious. You some of the dumbest NBA fansI done ever seen. Its like you dues do NO research before you post.

bytch get yo hatin ass outta here. Waiters dikkrider. :umad: Lemme shut yo bytch ass down right here and now and be done with it.

Barnes started for a playoff team last year. He is only a 6th man due to the team signing an All Star. He plays for a team that has 29 wins. Waiters plays for a team that has 31 losses. :snoop:

Barnes is struggling this year and that could be due to injuries, the addition of Iggy, etc....but he had a wonderful rookie season and I am sure he will come back around. A few months ago people were saying John Wall was a bust. With Waiters, you have seen the best of him.

Their stats are not that much different. Waiters has a slightly higher PER, same TS%, same 3pt %, nearly same FG%, yet Barnes is still the better defender.

All of that and Barnes is struggling....as a 5th option on a playoff team while Waiters isnt doing much more on a team that wont sniff the playoffs.

Barnes didnt gripe about being moved to the bench while Waiters refuses. Waiters gets removed from practices, teammates feel that he thinks he is too good to listen to the coach, etc. Right now, they have about equal value to their respective teams with Barnes having higher upside, defensive ability, and none of the baggage that Waiters comes with. Barnes doesnt mind playing 6th man because he is about winning. Waiters doesnt want to play it because he is in denial.

if there were a deal on the table for Barnes/Waiters trade, Cavs take that deal without blinking and probably throw in cash.

:camby:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Andrew Wiggins will basically be 20 years old as a rookie and if he's not great now, he will probably never be great.

:what:

and steve nash was damn near 30 before he avg double figures in a season. he didnt win MVPs til he was in his 30s. :snoop:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

you must be feeling high on the superbowl.
say sumfin else so, I can give you this work, post table month.
so, it deflates your superbowl high.
then, you following me around, after I table all the way the fukk up..
to expose how much of a clown you are.

you know you can't fukk with me.
that is why you have no actual post or anything to stand on in this thread.
play with it, if you want to.
just know that,........
you gon get cho goof ass changed and imma stain your manhood.

art barr

Boogie

Big Homie
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
you must be feeling high on the superbowl.
say sumfin else so, I can give you this work, post table month.
so, it deflates your superbowl high.
then, you following me around, after I table all the way the fukk up..
to expose how much of a clown you are.

you know you can't fukk with me.
that is why you have no actual post or anything to stand on in this thread.
play with it, if you want to.
just know that,........
you gon get cho goof ass changed and imma stain your manhood.

art barr

fukk you and yo table gramps

onsd_zps880e9833.gif

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
hey joe,.....

Andrew wiggins was incredible in highschool, international and allstar play.
yet, when paired with real Americans.
it looks like he lacks the American feral aggressiveness to be productive in the college ranks.
on top of the nba.

I like the kid and I think his dunk in the last year micky d's game was argueably one of the greatest innovative dunks of all time.
sckraight out of nba jams type level of holy sheitness...
yet, and still.....
he is not really doing much against teams of moderate to of size in college.

sdsu and now texas are really exposing this dude.
he should have never went to Kansas anyway.
as their legacy has been to normalize holy shyt level talent.

only talent who really actualized themselves their whole career in our last gen is pierce.
who has the top executing basketball iq of the last gen.

wiggins is looking to not have the basketball iq.
or, what they call the dawg in him to succeed.

hopefully, he ramps up by the tournie.
yet, against real squads...
with real size playing up to Kansas.
plus, playing up like how most players will play up to match him in the pro's.
he is looking to be a project.

I been ready to boo the shyt out the kid.
the last six or seven games I watched of him, real talk.

art barr
your right dude can play but that shows you that u cant go by jus them compilation videos its clear he is not a #1 pick.......i think its a reach saying you can even build a franchise around him...its clear he has potential but his athleticism isnt looking elite and his shot needs work...think he needs atleast another year of colleg b4 the jump to the league