Why y’all be having haircuts in front of y’all dreads?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
MischievousMonkey said:
Protect the hairline where it's the most fragile + it looks sharper

I grew my dreads for 15 years until they were almost 3' long. Cut them off 3 years ago, then, started them back up last year right before lock-down. IDK about having a 'fragile' hairline as I always had them starting on it and never worried about losing its shape.

I'm middle-aged.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
37 and i just started locs in Jan...

haven't been to a barber in over a year, June 2020 to be exact...I don't plan on getting one either.

saw my 18 year old cousin get a shape up in the front of his locs for his prom, and I told myself I'm good on that. Looked good on him but not for me brehs

I got an intact hairline and told myself that MAYBE I'll get just a sharp line but not really on the sides/taper, to me it defeats the point of having locs

I'll leave all that to them young boys

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Thinking of doing something similar with my braids, cause my hairline looking crazy

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
As a bruh who’s had locs for over 15 years, if you plan on keeping your locs long term, keep the barber the fukk away from your hairline:ufdup: it looks sharp and fresh at first then that shyt starts getting pushed back further and further in the pursuit of flyness:francis:

Do you nikkas want the Stevie wonder
DviPhKeVsAAesw_.jpg
:ufdup: because this is how you’re going to get it

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I been having my locs for over 2 years and I haven't gotten them tapered yet. But I'm getting them tapered next week and I won't go overboard with it.