Why were there so many serial killers in the 1970s-80s? What caused the decline in serial killers?

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
Divinity ... bro I don’t care if they were mobsters or civilians they are human beings He killed 19 people ... that’s like saying some crip killed 19 ov the red-team but he isn’t a serial killer cause they were all gang-banging think before you post bro ...

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
Divinity ... bro I don’t care if they were mobsters or civilians they are human beings He killed 19 people ... that’s like saying some crip killed 19 ov the red-team but he isn’t a serial killer cause they were all gang-banging think before you post bro ...

Exactly he enjoyed killing. There are mobster who straight up refuse to catch some bodies but dude was overly eager to murder. Most likely he always had darker leanings to kill but being in the mob gave him motivation to fullfill his desires.

Divinity

Banned
Daps
You’re an idiot and have no clue what a serial killer is. And this dikkhead has the nerve to say “think before you post bro”

Everyday I gotta deal with a slow ass nikka like you that thinks he’s smarter than he actually is

How about you actually google and research what a serial killer is and then go look up Sammy the bull and his murders and the motives

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Body count doesn’t make someone a serial killer

Sammy the bulls motives for killing were mob related. He wasn’t by definition a serial killer

Insert head of mobster on a juelzing gif

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it just trended with crime being down in general not sure it's anything that's really complicated.

Amirah Dyme's Husband

I LOVE IG MODELS
Daps
Reppin
IG MODELS
They most likely get caught before getting their kill count up. With the genealogy shyt now, its basically a wrap for serial killers or killers in general.
Technology has become to advanced. Can’t get away with shyt like that now for long.
People aren't as naive compared to those back in the 70s & 80s.

Most serial killer victims more often than not were gullible/naive individuals who trusted a stranger for help, when you look back at some of these serial killers you'll notice most of them easily talked their victims into a trap by just offering a ride or even luring them somewhere.

People nowadays aren't so naive and gullible to just jump inside somebody's car when offered, which is also why potential/undercover serial killers of today have trouble getting victims because people gotten smarter over the decades.
For real like what the fukk was in the water back then that caused so many of these cacs to snap and start killing young women and kids?? (Wayne Williams excluded)

One theory I seen is that the legalization of abortions in the 70s is the reason why the amount of serial killers (and crime in general) dropped from 90s on. Most violent crime is done mostly by young men, so when abortion became an option for women who were for one reason or another not fit or willing to raise a child, fewer children were born into the kind of household that might breed a violent criminal.

Plus now with technology so advanced, most of these would be serial killers probably don't want to take the risk.

I also believe now that with sites like reddit which have subreddits for these serial killer type dudes to come together and express their frustration of the world has also played a part in some way of decreasing serial killers too. I mean back in the 70s these dudes had to outlet to air out their frustration so they just took it out on the world.

Well they do it now too, but instead being serial killers they are now mass shooters. Which I attribute to the rise of technology. Now with technology being so advanced, getting away with multiple different murders is harder than ever. So now they just pick a crowded public place and go out in a bang. One last fukk you to the world

Boomers/Gen. Xers = Serial Killers, Millennials/Gen Z = Mass Shooters
There isn't a decline, there's a estimate of at least 100 serial killers active in America. Not to mention there are many more serial killers in other countries as well.

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
You’re an idiot and have no clue what a serial killer is. And this dikkhead has the nerve to say “think before you post bro”

Everyday I gotta deal with a slow ass nikka like you that thinks he’s smarter than he actually is

How about you actually google and research what a serial killer is and then go look up Sammy the bull and his murders and the motives
Lol how’s it different then ??? So ok do you consider a crip gangmeber/gang-banger who kills 19 piru/bloods a seriel killer???.. by your logic that isn’t a seriel killer either cause they both involved In a criminal world Persay ??