Why were there so many serial killers in the 1970s-80s? What caused the decline in serial killers?

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Other than destroying the enemy I don't see what psychological benefit the killing of civilians in war is similar to a ted bundy, but you could say that that the military training along with ptsd could develop this.

Depends on the individual being used. Now it's said the activities of pheonix where to destroy the resolved of the people, have them lose support for the war. Civilians won't jutmst shot dead during the activities of phoenix, they were killed in brutal and barbaric ways in order to send a message.

But dont you think a person responsible for carrying out such tasks couldn't develop a sort of bloodlust that would follow them back when the war was over? A man who kills on orders could wind up killing just to kill again once the orders have dried up.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Depends on the individual being used. Now it's said the activities of pheonix where to destroy the resolved of the people, have them lose support for the war. Civilians won't jutmst shot dead during the activities of phoenix, they were killed in brutal and barbaric ways in order to send a message.

But dont you think a person responsible for carrying out such tasks couldn't develop a sort of bloodlust that would follow them back when the war was over? A man who kills on orders could wind up killing just to kill again once the orders have dried up.
actually no. Would they be fukked up mentally? possibly but when training for war with an opponent during basic they indoctrinate new recruits, for example during the war in iraq and afghanistan every brown person in the middle east was a "haji" In Vietnam the NVA and VC were "gooks" same as in Korea, during WW2 the germans were krauts, and japanese were japs or slant eyed. When you dehumanize a person it's easier to kill them or brutalize them, like a roach or rat.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The serial killer got replaced by the mass shooter.

It kinda corresponds with the desire for instant gratification in society nowadays.

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
actually no. Would they be fukked up mentally? possibly but when training for war with an opponent during basic they indoctrinate new recruits, for example during the war in iraq and afghanistan every brown person in the middle east was a "haji" In Vietnam the NVA and VC were "gooks" same as in Korea, during WW2 the germans were krauts, and japanese were japs or slant eyed. When you dehumanize a person it's easier to kill them or brutalize them, like a roach or rat.

It doesn't matter if you dehumanizwe a person, why are you talking about it being easier to kill someone? I wasn't ever talking about how easy or hard it is to kill some. Once again people's failure to comprehend words never fails to surprise me.

I talked about the possibility of someone developing a bloodlust. A love of enjoyment for killing, even a craving for it, that has nothing to do with how easy it is to kill or whether or not the victims are dehumanised.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
It doesn't matter if you dehumanizwe a person, why are you talking about it being easier to kill someone? I wasn't ever talking about how easy or hard it is to kill some. Once again people's failure to comprehend words never fails to surprise me.

I talked about the possibility of someone developing a bloodlust. A love of enjoyment for killing, even a craving for it, that has nothing to do with how easy it is to kill or whether or not the victims are dehumanised.
stupid, I agree'd with you to an extent with the bloodlust I'm just saying going off of what you are anyone in combat arms in the military could become a serial killer, which is stupid.