Why Video Game consoles are going extinct

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
But if no competition exists, who could realistically stop them, or even call them out on an alternative console? There won't be a M$ or a Nintendo to stop them, so they can price gouge for infinity.
You don’t think someone will swoop in and beat that “$1200” price point?

Hell, Valve would release another Steam console if the market was that wide open

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Its cause it is what they DESIRE to, despite current conditions of the market.

Best believe, they already did it with the PS3 back in 2006 being $600, so what makes you think they won't do such a similar act again? :sas2:
Because there is no market for esoteric designs like the CELL anymore. Because it is unfeasible to introduce a new physical media format to trojan horse it through a video game console. Because there's no Kutaragi.

It's like me claiming that Nintendo wants to be the only hardware maker, so they can go back to charging ridiculous licensing fees on top of taking an 80% cut from all software released on their platform. Oh, and so they can release generations old hardware at a premium price.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they wanted to do it, they would. Its not like ps5 being double the price of xbox hasn’t stopped it from selling 3:1

Price is no longer a factor because xbox isn’t competitive.

If anything all microsoft has done this generation is make ps plus more expensive.
This is facts. As much as I despise Microsoft in gaming I still don’t want Sony to be the only console maker. That would be a disaster they would sell their consoles at a high price because they have no competition. Competition is good for the gaming business.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Rain @GoldenGlove

what's going on with the WOAT and Poster Of The Year Banners?

Titan going for a repeat and shyt :what:

:scusthov: look at yourself right now

01tekashi-1-jumbo.jpg

Mods😫

9a98a5c951868afc947fa246e4faa15e

Mods :sadbron:👉

03tekashi-verdict-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg

:scust:

Nasty behavior from you consistently begging to "label" me especially when there wasn't even a proper voting process.

I'm disappointed in you rekk:francis:

If the mods doing they job none of that nominations should count for anything.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I tried to let my step daughter(she's 8) hold my Switch for the weekend while I took her mama to the telly for a weekend of kid free fukking and she told me 'I'm ok I'll just play roblox on my tablet.' The one time she did keep my switch she just used it to watch roblox videos on youtube while she played roblox on her tablet. These kids don't give a damn about these consoles.
Step-daughter. That's...cute. Meanwhile, my REAL daughter (11), is gaming daily on her Switch And PS5. As does some of her friends.:yeshrug:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You keep saying this corny, unfounded, goofy shyt. Please shut the fukk up.

Like how you wanted Nintendo to go 3rd party back in the Wii U era?

Funny, how Sony stans basically acting like Drake stans, where any form of criticism is pushed back with vitriol.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Like how you wanted Nintendo to go 3rd party back in the Wii U era?

Funny, how Sony stans basically acting like Drake stans, where any form of criticism is pushed back with vitriol.

Saying sony wants to make consoles 1200 dollars isn’t really criticism, its baseless fear mongering