Why The US Has No High-Speed Rail

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
They also didn't invest in high speed rail to keep poor people poor.

I can't believe we're actually celebrating in 2023 connecting major cities to major cities by high speed rail.

That's a damn shame. There's no excuse in 2023 why you have to land at an airport and catch a car to another major city and you should be able to rail it anywhere you want to go.

Seattle blew my mind when I landed and could take the rail from the airport to downtown.

This country for all its wealth and innovation celebrates some pretty pathetic milestones.

Poor people getting health insurance and high speed rail. Pat yourself on the back fellas!

Last edited:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
With fewer and fewer pilots, I just don’t see how high speed train won’t be essential for America in the next 20 years.

An autonomous train makes more sense than trying to force 100s of cars on the road to act rational

But of course these Republicans will act like the Dems left “Joe the Plumbers” behind and don’t care

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they have HORRIBLE customer service and people die weekly from Brightline trains in FL.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
1 hour 15 min trips to LV would be :wow:

Same for SF/LA.

20 minute trips between SD/LA.

Folks could probably live in different cities and commute depending on how affordable.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
they have HORRIBLE customer service and people die weekly from Brightline trains in FL.
Because they ignore the lights and warning signs and drive onto the track. FL has the worst drivers in the nation so not surprised.

I've taken the train a couple of time to Orlando and back and it's a smooth 3 hour ride in comfortable seats

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because they ignore the lights and warning signs and drive onto the track. FL has the worst drivers in the nation so not surprised.

I've taken the train a couple of time to Orlando and back and it's a smooth 3 hour ride in comfortable seats

The trains run over pedestrians as well. I was on a brightline (first and last time) when it hit a pedestrain, they didnt even fulfill they own policies lol They state that they offer credits if the train is delayed by over 30 minutes...we were delayed almost 2 hours and not a damn thing. But go ahead and further support Ricks Scotts ventures :blessed:.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
High speed rail, true high speed rail would change america for the better.

You could live in Delaware and work in Boston. That would be a 2-3hr train ride.

You could take the family to Disney and back for a weekend.

Ski trips.

Beach trips.

It would be a huge huge boost for the economy.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
The trains run over pedestrians as well. I was on a brightline (first and last time) when it hit a pedestrain, they didnt even fulfill they own policies lol They state that they offer credits if the train is delayed by over 30 minutes...we were delayed almost 2 hours and not a damn thing. But go ahead and further support Ricks Scotts ventures :blessed:.
Pedestrians are just chillin on the tracks and the trains come out of nowhere with no horn or lights or nothing? Brightline must be stopped!

Skeletor invested in Fortress, which owns Brightline. Know who else invests in Fortress? damn near every 401k in America.

That's shytty customer service, but of course this is America so I bet the fine print asterisk says shyt like *except in cases where people think they can beat a train*