Why The US Has No High-Speed Rail

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Watching a walkthrough of some of these chinese cities is amazing. Gangzhou, Tianjin, Shenzen, Chonging. The fact that they developed these cities in the last 10-15 years and are walkable with their own metro systems and industries puts us to shame. And millions of people live them. not thousands but millions!

Meanwhile we cant even build one high speed rail line or solve our housing crisis. shyt is backwards

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Watching a walkthrough of some of these chinese cities is amazing. Gangzhou, Tianjin, Shenzen, Chonging. The fact that they developed these cities in the last 10-15 years and are walkable with their own metro systems and industries puts us to shame. And millions of people live them. not thousands but millions!

Meanwhile we cant even build one high speed rail line or solve our housing crisis. shyt is backwards
It's easy when you can sweep people off the land like trash.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
If anything this potential railroad strike should serve as long overdue wakeup call for our lack investment in high speed rail. Like 3 companies own the entire rail system in the country.

Amtrak and public trans via rail is totally held hostage here due to our negligence and under investment.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
If anything this potential railroad strike should serve as long overdue wakeup call for our lack investment in high speed rail. Like 3 companies own the entire rail system in the country.
There are 7 Class 1 RRs. The strike has nothing to do with high speed rail. It has the potential to expose how greedy corporations directly effect the supply chain, and how a certain political party are beholden to them.
T minus 43hrs :popcorn:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
If I'm not mistaken they are building one between DFW and Houston, and eventually will build one between all 4 of the major Texas metropolitan areas.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Yea I understand that we've become a car culture but the US is sooo behind the world when it comes to our transit system :snoop:

EaK1nBFWoAAeeA9.0.jpeg

810_US_HSR_Phasing_Map.gif
Some sweet day

:mjcry:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
There are 7 Class 1 RRs. The strike has nothing to do with high speed rail. It has the potential to expose how greedy corporations directly effect the supply chain, and how a certain political party are beholden to them.
T minus 43hrs :popcorn:

This nation's infrastructure failures is a human failure of biblical proportions.

Think about that sweet career opportunity folks have passed up b/c of a commute or distance. A decent weekend without loading up a vehicle or the stress of congested traffic or looking for parking. It's especially tragic in poor and rural areas. Folks are literally trapped. Plus the sizes of these vehicles is making real estate even smaller. You can only add so many lanes.

Was in Seattle and taking the rail from the airport to downtown was a total godsend.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
This nation's infrastructure failures is a human failure of biblical proportions.

Think about that sweet career opportunity folks have passed up b/c of a commute or distance. A decent weekend without loading up a vehicle or the stress of congested traffic or looking for parking. It's especially tragic in poor and rural areas. Folks are literally trapped. Plus the sizes of these vehicles is making real estate even smaller. You can only add so many lanes.

Was in Seattle and taking the rail from the airport to downtown was a total godsend.
I don't disagree, but that's not what the strike is about.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I don't disagree, but that's not what the strike is about.

The strike is literally so they can't take sick days and get worked like Judah Ben-Hur. I know.

What I meant was that Amtrak uses the same rail. Disrupting people and not just goods, they're canceling trips now. Our lack of investment overall as a country in other rails being built and sticking to this outdated system hits us harder than what it should if there were other ways to travel by rail cross country.

Last edited: