Why The US Has No High-Speed Rail

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Why do we need this when we have planes a cars everywhere? Don't get using old technology just because. Now if we are putting in those warp trains that no one has yet sure....
I’d imagine this would be cheaper than air travel. Also air travel is annoying and a hassle if you’re just trying to go a few states over. Like DC to Philly or NY. Also if you’re traveling for business it’s probably easier to get work done on a train than a plane.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Its a car culture BECAUSE there is no other way to get around

Thats by design though. Car manufactures, tire manufacturers, parts manufacturers, gas companies, airlines, etc...none of them ever wanted trains and other mass transit systems to proliferate throughout America and have fought for decades to ensure the situation doesnt improve.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I avoid taking the plane when I can, also with all the anti-terrorist stuff in the US I felt taking the train would be less stressfull.
I have global entry/pre check so my airport experience isn’t the same.

I avoid flying if Reasonable too. Like going from NYC to dc I’d rather take the train so I can avoid going far away from the city centers.

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
I’d imagine this would be cheaper than air travel. Also air travel is annoying and a hassle if you’re just trying to go a few states over. Like DC to Philly or NY. Also if you’re traveling for business it’s probably easier to get work done on a train than a plane.

I have been on a train and there is NOTHING convenient, pleasant and or anything else positive about the experience.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
So just looked at a train ride to DC and it's $101 dollars and will take 14 hours. A flight on SW the same day is $176 and will take an hour and a half. Who the fukk is taking Amtrack and why? nikkas who afraid to fly? :dahell:

Amtrak is cool for 4 hour rides from NY to DC...that's it:mjlol:

The old old heads be thinking it's the 60s with their multiple hour bus/train rides:heh:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Ohhh so it's nostalgic for old heads

It has to be...I know a few who take a train/bus faithfully down south...
.they do not fukk wit planes:deadmanny:

The problem with a long Amtrak ride is the inevitable delays that turn 8 hours into 10...the scenery is cool, but after awhile, you just wanna get off the damn train