Why the Bethesda hate?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Bethesda need to change their engine on the next elder scrolls that garbage ass engine ain't gonna cut it no more:camby:

I agree a new engine is needed.... plus tons of customization... they have a grasp on good fighting mechanics but they gotta go that extra step.

N*ggerFa*ot

Banned
Daps
With games like Witcher 3 and such coming out how long will people continue making excuses for Bethesda and their trash engine that was cool 15 years ago and is now woefully archaic?
ill give skyrim this one thing. its combat is way more engaging and interesting than the witcher 3. in skyrim you got your fast weapons, heavy but slow weapons, arrows, a shyt ton of spells & roars, and you can transform. its not as amazing as it should be due do the trash engine but the wide range of stuff you can do is interesting.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
With games like Witcher 3 and such coming out how long will people continue making excuses for Bethesda and their trash engine that was cool 15 years ago and is now woefully archaic?

basically, Witcher 3 does everything Elder Scrolls should be doing with far less janky shyt.

how the fukk u using the same engine from Morrowind but go backwards in gameplay :stopitslime:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
they gonna keep iterating their engine like everyone else. there's an assumption that starting from scratch will be inherently better, but I don't think that's necessarily true. for one thing it's not really "from scratch" since it would most likely be using techniques they already use. it might end up being more or less the same

JLR Steez

Pro
Daps
Reppin
RI
It's a wasteland your life always in fukking danger tho... :pachaha: As long as it wasn't a behemoth, or death claw I was good...

Enemies respawned mad quick too. I enjoyed fallout 3 much more in that regard. 4 felt too casual

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
they gonna keep iterating their engine like everyone else. there's an assumption that starting from scratch will be inherently better, but I don't think that's necessarily true. for one thing it's not really "from scratch" since it would most likely be using techniques they already use. it might end up being more or less the same

Each game engine has its own brand of jank tho, Witcher 3 has its own issues with combat...i can't tell you how many times Witcher's animations got me killed, which is never a problem in Bethesda games.

it's unfortunate that whatever Bathesda gains using Gamebryo, it loses harder on the other end. I would like to enjoy close combat in Elder Scrolls but...guess I'll stick with being an archer like I usually do to avoid it. :francis:

NOYEMI.M2

PMD Noyemi
Supporter
Daps
I think a big part of turning their older fans away has to do with the immersion aspect. It used to be you could get lost in the world of Tamriel because there was a heavy emphasis on packing the games to the gills with context. By the time they got to Skyrim, that stuff got eroded to little nuggets of good story bits here and there, but a lot of it was contrived out of the way due to the effort they wasted on shyt like 'Radiant Quests'.

Yeah, I really want to fukking roll some dice to see what drab landmark I might not have seen before because the game can't encourage exploration enough on it's own? fukk outta here with that shyt. They made it better in Fallout 4 by packing in more context and interesting locales, buuuuut they also fukked with it by packing in more fukking radiant quests, which nobody fukking asked for.

That said, I like their games. I think the hate's unwarranted because they're not bad—there's just stuff out there that does everything else much better. It's inoffensive with some glimmers of hope that they'll return to properly exploiting the rich worlds they used to deliver their fans.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I don't really get it. Before I played Oblivion, I thought Fable (from the first xbox) was the GOAT console RPG. I actually bought Oblivion on a whim, expecting to regret my purchase and take that shyt back to walmart for a different game (like what I did for Condemned, even though the game was okay for a while).

Long story short, oblivion took my soul brehs :mjcry: it literally provided everything I've ever wanted in a RPG. I play as a mage in every RPG I Ever pick up, and Oblivion KILLS IT in that department :noah:. Creating an armor set that renders the wearer completely camouflaged :ahh: shyt had the rest of the game easy as shyt. Yeah it's a cheap move :whoa: but fukk you:birdman: I earned it by putting in the time to level up to even be able to do such a thing.

My perception of the company went from "the fukk is a Bethesda" to me copping Fallout from the name alone. VATS, my nikka??:banderas: more of my life was wasted on their company's amazing products.

By the time Skyrim hit, I was officially a believer:lawd: Bethesda can do no wrong in my eyes. I would wear Bethesda drawes if they came free with my purchase. Yall get my point.

So what yall got against them? I understand the bytching about Rock* And EA, but the Bethesda hate seems completely unfounded. I'd like to think my opinion isn't biased simply because I have no reason to like them nikkas other than the fact that everything they drop is :whew:. Where the naysayers at? express ya opinions brehaters :wow:

And when the fukk are they gonna release another RPG damnit??:feedme: idgaf if it's fallout,elder scrolls, or some completely new shyt they done fukked around and came up wit, I need these nikkas to hurry up and take my goddamn money! Only game im anticipating in the near future is Mortal Kombat X. Other than that I'm :sadcam:
How do you feel about The Witcher 3 I feel like that is probably the best RPG of all time