WHY TF IS FEIGE MAKING CAPTAIN MARVEL THE MOST POWERFUL AVENGER

parallax

Superstar
Daps
So are you guys hoping for a bad movie about her or just predicting one cause you don't like her?

I'm not hoping for a bad movie, but pointing out this is a long list in a line of trying to make the character popular, without actually trying to write her better. Most powerful hero, inspiration for young heroes, leader of multiple teams. But there's no growth to reflect any of this, and there's no character in marvel with a similar situation. It doesn't help that when her books fail, they either keep it going or give her a new one because they want her to be their Wonder woman.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Dr. Voodoo was the black dude that died in doctor strange.

That's his bro. It was an easter egg moment

His brother being dead and aiding him as a ghost is a big plot point to the character. Can possess other characters and other suck tomfoolery.

80b1dfa5adde9eacd894f6023852d0b7--marvel-dc-marvel-comics.jpg

N20DwKN.png

And also sibling beef.

efe92d514da1cf89a53ef6ef6bbd20a9afd2dfa8_hq.jpg

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
But I’m doubting these cats have or are reading the comics like that to know one way or another

Objection to that latter.

OP disregard my friends entire 2nd paragraph

Martha
They got Carol's series on Amazon Kindle...I read like 8 issues...alright. Her popularity took a hit during Civil War 2.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
If they introduce carol as captain marvel wouldn't Monica just be the black side kick like falcon

That's been my biggest fear for YEARS now.

Monica deserves better than to be another Rhodey or Heimdall [i.e. another "black best friend" to make the white character not totally vanilla to audiences].

Monica actually led the Avengers in the 80s and is one of the most powerful characters period. What they are gassing up about Carol ironically enough actually applies to Spectrum/Monica.

I don't want her to be a token black friend in the 90s who is just an old lady once the movie cuts to present day. I'd rather they just separate her completely and introduce her as her own character in later movie.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Lowkey, Brother Voodoo gets the draws

Knocked down Monica Rambeau and Scarlet Witch

1220075-its_time2.jpg

aa69e2d8d8c683f2c503b71d193e463f.jpg

00c9021ab51c06d7b64e8bb7e3b5bbf6.jpg

He's another one that deserves more than being Dr. Strange's "black best friend". Breh got the powerset, mystic look, and unique family dynamic to be a BEAST on the big screen.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You mean he became a simp and over powered.

If not for this movie, this storyline sucked like all the crossovers in print typically sucked..
Real talk,...infinity war is the best quality crossover in marvel history print or film. Hopefully, they redo all the crossovers and make them better.
As real talk,...all the crossovers in any company suck.

Art Barr
He was obsessed with death which is why he was "in love" with Mistress Death.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
He was obsessed with death which is why he was "in love" with Mistress Death.

Simped mistress death.
Anyway, I find the character in the comics to be bih made and rewrote to not make any sense. In the movie it plays out better.
In the books, if you were to ask me. The infinity guantlet hurt marvel draw and made the entire marvel landscape about dude. When originally the marvel universe was better and had way better balance and intrigue.

All the big bad villains always suck.

Personally. Marvel should go with the Thor gets two hammers and pounds him to shyt finish personally. Yet I will let them cook to see how they solve this whole thing.
Maybe Adam warlock, gets his shine. Maybe captain marvel dies and they bring the black captain marvel in.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

1220075-its_time2.jpg

He's another one that deserves more than being Dr. Strange's "black best friend". Breh got the powerset, mystic look, and unique family dynamic to be a BEAST on the big screen.

Where did this cat come from?

They trying to being Wanda from android to the brothas, now.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That's been my biggest fear for YEARS now.

Monica deserves better than to be another Rhodey or Heimdall [i.e. another "black best friend" to make the white character not totally vanilla to audiences].

Monica actually led the Avengers in the 80s and is one of the most powerful characters period. What they are gassing up about Carol ironically enough actually applies to Spectrum/Monica.

I don't want her to be a token black friend in the 90s who is just an old lady once the movie cuts to present day. I'd rather they just separate her completely and introduce her as her own character in later movie.

This.

I was wondering how marvel would fit in the different captain marvels. As Monica was way more than just a character when she was around.
Monica was damn near same plateau as storm in the Claremont run.

Art Barr

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
lol She's the Roman Reigns of the Marvel Universe.

(Not directed personally at you breh):hubie:

I mean...... now cats gotta be careful with what they complaining about and what they think they want.:mjpls:

Cuz @jayshiggs & @wire28 work very close behind the scenes.:youngsabo:

And with a snap, all this shyt can change like THAT. :childplease:

Now if cats keep complaining we gonna have them drop production on CM, call up JLaw to have her sign on to do a MYSTIQUE movie, have her not only be THE NEW STRONGEST character in the MCU and new leader but also FOUNDER of the X-men.:steviej:

After she makes quick work of a gauntlet holding Thanos, she becomes the leader of the Avengers and pretty much the New RDJ of the MCU.:umad:

Marvel trynna make something great like they have over the last 20 movies and 10 years but all nitpicking and complaining is starting to wear thin...... I mean niccas ain’t even seen a trailer yet

Niccas should know better now and trust!! Not blindly.... but off resume:banderas:

:troll::troll::troll:

Martha

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

That is the character model style my daughter commissioned.
What was the complaint about this marvel. I thought her character model, hair and costume were dope. They were actually fun and made simple sense to draw. The Mohawk is damn cool to draw.

Have not read a marvel comic in 22 years and won't start now. Yet why did I respond to a post. that made it seem like captain marvel had the face of a skrull or some shyt?

Art Barr
Marvel isn't trying to turn lil white girls into lesbians by role model proxy.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm not hoping for a bad movie, but pointing out this is a long list in a line of trying to make the character popular, without actually trying to write her better. Most powerful hero, inspiration for young heroes, leader of multiple teams. But there's no growth to reflect any of this, and there's no character in marvel with a similar situation. It doesn't help that when her books fail, they either keep it going or give her a new one because they want her to be their Wonder woman.

Yeah, mostly due to her name and this being announced as a movie. I mean the gawd Feige likes her so I'm sure he will do his best to get writers to write a likable character. And the movie has been announced years ago.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

1220075-its_time2.jpg

:mjlol: I can seen him being played by the guy that plays Ezekiel on The Walking Dead

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Where did this cat come from?

They trying to being Wanda from android to the brothas, now.

Art Barr

He's been around for a bit but, as you know, like many black and brown characters he hasn't had the same consistent opportunities as his white peers. He'll get a big bump, like he became sorcer supreme 8-9 years ago, but just as quickly they jobbed him out and killed him off.

He's been back on an upward climb tho.