Why should someone pursue a Masters Degree?

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
lol you dont believe me huh...

im not gonna debate anything with you nikkas tho. you are entitled to your opinons

:comeon: so posting someone suggesting that bachelor degrees are equal to high school diplomas means it's the truth

not gonna debate b

you could have ya thread back

Dumb nikka came in here regurgitating some shyt you heard then when people question your logic you got flustered and bailed.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's the trick. The majority of people with a Masters or more disagree with this. Generally you make more money based on your education over the course of your life. Millions more. Plus there aren't a lot of Salary Jobs for people without degrees. Working hourly is not the business.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I'm halfway through a Master's degree and I hate this shyt.

Not working in the field I got a bachelor's in.

Sick of this shyt to be honest. But if you want top pay, :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's the trick. The majority of people with a Masters or more disagree with this. Generally you make more money based on your education over the course of your life. Millions more. Plus there aren't a lot of Salary Jobs for people without degrees. Working hourly is not the business.

I disagree with that. There is a plethora of professional jobs that pay hourly.........Lawyers, and IT Consultants, Project Managers(via contracting) just to name a few.....

My time is extremely valuable so I need to be compensated for every second that I am attending to someone else's business....

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm halfway through a Master's degree and I hate this shyt.

Not working in the field I got a bachelor's in.

Sick of this shyt to be honest. But if you want top pay, :manny:

What are you getting the Master in?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Oh ok. You may as well finish, since you're in the middle of it but for real unless you know for sure you're going to get some more money or if the MBA program is prestigious, it probably won't matter much in your current job. Just try network as much as possible because you could go to another company and negotiate a better salary deal that trying to get a raise with the company you're with now.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree with that. There is a plethora of professional jobs that pay hourly.........Lawyers, and IT Consultants, Project Managers(via contracting) just to name a few.....

My time is extremely valuable so I need to be compensated for every second that I am attending to someone else's business....

Your more educated Boss pays you hourly. :manny:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
shiiiitttt :whoa:

they'll NEVER be grad school for me. the bachelor's is enough. and I been in the the workforce 10 + years since college.

loans are paid back, there's no point in spending racks just to get an incremental pay increase.

my old lady has her masters, and I make way more than hers. now she's going for her PhD. I told her, there's no point of all that school if u not getting compensated for it.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shiiiitttt :whoa:

they'll NEVER be grad school for me. the bachelor's is enough. and I been in the the workforce 10 + years since college.

loans are paid back, there's no point in spending racks just to get an incremental pay increase.

my old lady has her masters, and I make way more than hers. now she's going for her PhD. I told her, there's no point of all that school if u not getting compensated for it.

You don't have to take out loans to get an education. She should start looking at scholarships. Does her job offer tuition reimbursement?

Daps
Depends on what your aspirations are.

At the company I work for if you have any type of executive aspirations at all you'll need a masters degree.

Not too sure why. I just know its a requirement.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Oh ok. You may as well finish, since you're in the middle of it but for real unless you know for sure you're going to get some more money or if the MBA program is prestigious, it probably won't matter much in your current job. Just try network as much as possible because you could go to another company and negotiate a better salary deal that trying to get a raise with the company you're with now.

Definitely, I might as well tough it out. And you're right about networking. That's everything in the corporate world.