Why should someone pursue a Masters Degree?

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
but a bachelors degree aint shyt today

its damn near replacing high school diplomas

:dwillhuh: I got about a year and a half for my bachelors for mechanical engineering and I'm goin' through it right now :lift:. If this has the same value as a diploma, I might as well kill myself right now, because I'm damn sure not goin' for my Masters :no:

I'm either movin' packs, or I'm robbin' n!ggas, but more school after countless hours of studying, bum a$$ raggedy summer internships, plus school through ever summer since high school :heh:

If an employer tells me, "Maybe you should try for your Masters and get back to us", Imma be on some real murder sh!t
2f931a0de37b82e56fd967170dd105c4.jpg

N!ggas gon' bleed

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
:dwillhuh: I got about a year and a half for my bachelors for mechanical engineering and I'm goin' through it right now :lift:. If this has the same value as a diploma, I might as well kill myself right now, because I'm damn sure not goin' for my Masters :no:

I'm either movin' packs, or I'm robbin' n!ggas, but more school after countless hours of studying, bum a$$ raggedy summer internships, plus school through ever summer since high school :heh:

If an employer tells me, "Maybe you should try for your Masters and get back to us", Imma be on some real murder sh!t
2f931a0de37b82e56fd967170dd105c4.jpg

N!ggas gon' bleed

lol they wont tell you to try for ya masters

they just not gonna hire you and choose the nikka with a masters

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
who told u its better to go straight to grad school? i've always heard the opposite...work experience >>>> career student.....and in some cases ur job will pay for u to go to school

Whoop there it is.

Once I found out about the possibility of workplaces paying for it it sounded even better than it did before. :lolbron:

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
it's pretty senseless to straight to a masters program after ugrad, even if you've got an offer from a M7 business program (which is rare, because they even discourage the practice).

Few companies will pay an MBA candidate with no experience masters-level money, despite all the money the candidate spent on grad school.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
you just gotta get in where you fit in at first...work ethic/results and relationships/networking can get you anywhere

unless your trying to be like a doctor/lawyer or some shyt the education system as a whole is bullshyt

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
my nikka you sound ridiculous

please dont tell ya kids that

i do agree that having a work experience is key

but a bachelors degree aint shyt today

its damn near replacing high school diplomas

lol you dont believe me huh...

im not gonna debate anything with you nikkas tho. you are entitled to your opinons
Bruh we know you are a career internet troll from Connecticut that works at Lowes.
ed_value.gif

⠀⠀⠀

HARRIS 2024
Daps
Reppin
CORONA, CA
fukk a masters. older family and relatives trying to pressure me to go for that sh't.

im not even working in the field that i have a degree in.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From middle school up to high school all I heard was "Go To College. It opens up doors and is the key to success...blah...blah...blah..." I believed it, went to college. Freshman orientation was like "College is the key to success, it is the key to life. You took a great step in life....blah...blah...blah."

Then at college graduation the keynote speaker is like "Now you can go to grad school." :why: I'm thinking the key to success was a 4 year degree that's what nikkas been telling me since 7th grade up until this point in my life. I got out in the world acquired a bunch of shytty dead in jobs then got laid off 3 times in 4 years. nikkas now is telling me to go back to school and get a masters to better compete for 60-70K jobs I could've gotten a decade ago with an undergrad degree and work experience.

Education is a hustle right now. And it's designed to keep a lot of students in debt. And the notion that you are supposed to go deeper in debt to acquire a Masters or more is ridiculous. Unless you have a technical profession (i.e. Doctor, Dentist, Engineer, Lawyer) a 4 year undergrad degree is all the formal education you need. The rest is based around your connections, personality, work experience & to a lesser degree your work ethic. Those four items will take you a lot further in life than PHDs or Masters ever could.

listen dude,

if you can get a bachelors degree, this is all you will ever need, unless you wanna be a psychologist, doctor, lawyer or any other profession that deals with people's lives.

every thing is indeed based primarily on your work ethic. you incorrectly attributed a "lesser degree" to that.. nah, your work ethic is the only thing that will carry you through and raise u above ur peers.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I can't stomach going back for grad school..If I wanted to do it, I would have had to do it right after I got my undergrad degree..I'm already in my career, and plan to use experience and performance to take me higher.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
listen dude,

if you can get a bachelors degree, this is all you will ever need, unless you wanna be a psychologist, doctor, lawyer or any other profession that deals with people's lives.

every thing is indeed based primarily on your work ethic. you incorrectly attributed a "lesser degree" to that.. nah, your work ethic is the only thing that will carry you through and raise u above ur peers.

Disagree, strong connections and an average work ethic can take you farther in life. Do you think George W Bush was the hardest worker at any job he ever had (most vacations by an active president)? Nope, this dude failed at every job he had and still became POTUS! Being born into the right connections will take you further than hard work.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disagree, strong connections and an average work ethic can take you farther in life. Do you think George W Bush was the hardest worker at any job he ever had (most vacations by an active president)? Nope, this dude failed at every job he had and still became POTUS! Being born into the right connections will take you further than hard work.

nah. george bush is a very very very very very bad example. contrary to public opinion, this dude is not an idiot. watch the debates he had with al gore and tell me that n1gga didn't come off intelligent as fucck.

if you think average work ethic will get u far in life, you better get ur ass back in school and accumulate as much degrees as u can.

there's a ddue at my job who is really smart. technically speaking. he has all the degrees. he can take a course and pass it, where, i couldn't pass exams even if i tried my hardest. tell me why this dude stay looking through my sh1t, always trying to catch up to me. seeing what my latest projects are. trying to replicate them. i let him do it for a while, till i realized dude was snake. so i put a stop to that. now, he walks around the office not talking to me and looking mad. thinking I give a fucck. matter of fact, i lock sh1t down even more now just to make sure he stays mad. fucck him

now, whats the point. u can be an excellent degree accumulator, or whatever u wanna call it, if ur ass aint creative and lack a strong work ethic, trust, u aint sh1t.

lol at your connections and "average work ethic" putting u past a man like me :childplease: