Why "Self Publishing" is bad for consoles

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well you are surely missing out on the best Mobil games. The top lists are full of crap. Price or Bandwidth isn't the issue. It's the time it takes to look through the crap and the fact that you can't have confidence in what your buying unless you do a bunch of research.
You missed the part about me and most others who don't really care about this issue not being huge mobile gamers. I've played combined hours on my phone probably less than a few hours total for all games. How long does it typically take you to filter out the crap when looking for these marvelous games on Android/Ios?? What are these games you're talking about??

Are the countless other people who bring up these issues just making stuff up so they can hear themselves complain? Devs talk about it, different game websites/publications talk about it. Jim sterling seems to be a very respected guy, he's talked about it. Do you think they all are just making shyt up?
Devs and Jim Sterling are nothing more than gamers with a title, that doesn't make their opinion or thoughts the final say on whatever it is. They may be respected for their field of work and what they've done but that doesn't mean what they say are gospel. I don't even know who JS is but I've heard the name online a few times but quite frankly I don't care about the dude :yeshrug:.

It's more than two minutes but even then two minutes times 100 games is more time than I'm willing to give researching. Like I said in the op. PC gamers seem to be ok with this, but i don't think it will work on consoles.
So you're telling me you spend hours at a time researching games before you buy them?? I've never had to do that much work to find out if I want to buy a game or not... I bought Hotline Miami on a whim because I heard great things about it. I read a review for it here and there and just decided to take the plunge and I came out satisfied. Now typically, who's going to be searching through literally 100 games because they're bored?? Do you really mean to tell me you click individually on roughly 30 games at at time and reading through reviews to know which is good or not?? You read through all 10/10 reviews for The Last of Us I assume? We all said on here that it was amazing and yet you bought it and months later went on to say it wasn't that good in your opinion. What more could the world have done for you??

It's not about liking a game or not. I understand I won't like some games. It's about the majority of games on a given platform being utter shyt. And there are no returns of digital games so the problem is exacerbated.
Well there's a bunch of crap on all platforms, this is nothing new. The crap games usually aren't front and center on most online sites. Digital games on consoles/PC aren't as saturated with trash games compared to cell phone games. Also has this open store front manifested yet on Xbox One?? I don't see the issue here as I haven't seen anything like it on consoles since.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You missed the part about me and most others who don't really care about this issue not being huge mobile gamers. I've played combined hours on my phone probably less than a few hours total for all games. How long does it typically take you to filter out the crap when looking for these marvelous games on Android/Ios?? What are these games you're talking about??

This only proves my point.

Why do you assume there aren't any great games on ios/android? It's cause there's so much crap sitting in the way.

Devs and Jim Sterling are nothing more than gamers with a title, that doesn't make their opinion or thoughts the final say on whatever it is. They may be respected for their field of work and what they've done but that doesn't mean what they say are gospel. I don't even know who JS is but I've heard the name online a few times but quite frankly I don't care about the dude
Never said there opinion was the final say. I simply said this isn't an issue I personally made up "to hear myself complain" it's an issue that plenty of people within the community have touched on

So you're telling me you spend hours at a time researching games before you buy them?? I've never had to do that much work to find out if I want to buy a game or not... I bought Hotline Miami on a whim because I heard great things about it. I read a review for it here and there and just decided to take the plunge and I came out satisfied. Now typically, who's going to be searching through literally 100 games because they're bored?? Do you really mean to tell me you click individually on roughly 30 games at at time and reading through reviews to know which is good or not?? You read through all 10/10 reviews for The Last of Us I assume? We all said on here that it was amazing and yet you bought it and months later went on to say it wasn't that good in your opinion. What more could the world have done for you??
I don't spend hours and I won't. But the current makeup of open digital stores dictates that I would have to if I wanted the best experiences. Once again i have no problem with a game not meeting expectations. It's the hundreds, even thousands of games that shouldn't even be on the market that I have a problem with.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This only proves my point.

Why do you assume there aren't any great games on ios/android? It's cause there's so much crap sitting in the way.

Never said there opinion was the final say. I simply said this isn't an issue I personally made up "to hear myself complain" it's an issue that plenty of people within the community have touched on

I don't spend hours and I won't. But the current makeup of open digital stores dictates that I would have to if I wanted the best experiences. Once again i have no problem with a game not meeting expectations. It's the hundreds, even thousands of games that shouldn't even be on the market that I have a problem with.
You didn't answer my question. What are these magnificent games that aren't known on Android/Ios. I didn't say there AREN'T any games that are good on mobile phones, I said I don't really care for mobile gaming. But again, where are these games you're talking about?? You surely should be able to direct me to these games that are deserving of accolades.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You didn't answer my question. What are these magnificent games that aren't known on Android/Ios. I didn't say there AREN'T any games that are good on mobile phones, I said I don't really care for mobile gaming. But again, where are these games you're talking about?? You surely should be able to direct me to these games that are deserving of accolades.

There are plenty.

Vector
Rico
Stunt star
Skulls of the showgun
Tiki towers

Just to name a few of the top of my head.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Thread was terrible and basically no one agreed with you. The hell are you talking about? :gucci:

Fred.
No one agreed, yet what I said was gonna happen did.

Steam is full of trash. Almost not even worth going into the store unless you are following a direct link to a game you want. XBL is the same, just less trash.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
like I said in the other thread, who just goes to the Steam Store page looking for a random game? there's so many games on Steam, even if they were all good, you would still need some sort of filter

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Steam is full of trash? :dahell:

If you believe that, then the microsoft store is full of trash :mjlol: