why Ricans always calling themselves "Spanish"?

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
That's what they call themselves so let them

Black people have a tough time understanding self identification. This is largely due to the fact that black people still suffer from mental colonialism and believe that whatever white people view them as, then that's what you are.

This thread is really asking why Puerto Ricans don't solely identify as black? :snoop:

Daps
how many times do we have to go over this?

some of them actually are Spanish

for example, Ricky Martin (Martinez)

tumblr_m5mujuYFHW1r09xr8o1_500.jpg

this is why I cant hang with latinos at all, they are some confused self hating motherfukkers.

My grandparents are from Spain on my mom's side and from Italy on my dad's but I know damn well I aint no fukking italian or spanish. Im from Venezuela not fukking Europe, the throne of satan. Alot of you motherfukkers need to smarten up, YOU AINT WHITE.

H@LLOW

All green everything
Supporter
Daps
Has more to do with them speaking Spanish than actually associating with Spaniards from Spain.

Close thread.

Bonus: Latinas are the best looking females of all btw. We have them in all shapes and color.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Lets be honest. They call them Spanish because of the Language that they speak. Not because they might have Spanish ancestry.
this is why I cant hang with latinos at all, they are some confused self hating motherfukkers.

My grandparents are from Spain on my mom's side and from Italy on my dad's but I know damn well I aint no fukking italian or spanish. Im from Venezuela not fukking Europe, the throne of satan. Alot of you motherfukkers need to smarten up, YOU AINT WHITE.
This post makes no sense. If your ancestry is strictly from Europe you are WHITE!

Who gives a fukk. If they talk spanish then they spanish in my books
If they talk English then they English in my books. :mjpls:

Daps
This post makes no sense. If your ancestry is strictly from Europe you are WHITE!

I should have been more clear, cacs are not my only ancestors obviously and not one person has ever looked at me and mistaken me for a white boy

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i grew up in a largely spanish-speaking area and us non-spanish speakers called them spanish cause they were all from different countries all over latin america. easier than saying salvatruca, honduran, colombian, bolivian, etc. naive, yes, but not malicious. kids tend to simplify matters sometimes. and they seem to have adopted that term to mean spanish-speaking americans. but only really in reference to non-spanish speaking peoples.

if you ever meet amish people, they call us the English, because we speak english and they speak german :yeshrug:

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
spanish, latino and hispanic have become synonyms for each other in recent time.

I'm latino and I call myself spanish sometimes just because everyone does, it's not a big deal. We say it because of the language we speak, not because of our ancestry, not all latinos are even descended from Spain but the language most definitely is. But when getting technical i'd like to call myself Latino before anything.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
They are definitely the dumbest hispanics :heh: you ain't from Spain.

Ricans be like "uh huhhh I AM spanish bc I have latino blood" :skip:

why are they so confused? :lupe:

Ricans from the east coast do call themselves Spanish(Whites and Blacks also refer to them that way)

but you're bullshytting by saying they excuse it that way

you will always hear them say "Im Spanish because I speak Spanish"

I've never called myself Spanish and most people I see referring to Latinos that way are Black

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
:wtf: Are they not Spanish?

No, they aren't. Spanish is a language, a nationality (someone who is born in Spain, for example) and an ethnicity.

Puerto Ricans speak Spanish but they are ethnically Puerto Rican and their nationality (if native) would be Puerto Rican.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
No, they aren't. Spanish is a language, a nationality (someone who is born in Spain, for example) and an ethnicity.

Puerto Ricans speak Spanish but they are ethnically Puerto Rican and their nationality (if native) would be Puerto Rican.
there is no Puerto Rican nationality

if you're born in the island then you are American