Why is the salon low-key kinda dead?

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I think it’s mainly most of the girls just not posting in here because they don’t like the topics or would rather post in other forums (no shade) and when the guys post in here it’s either to ask for advice or to derail a thread in an attempt for female attention.

This pretty much. Just skimming through, some of the threads in here are kind of stupid. Not the type of stuff I would expect from grown women. On the other hand there are a few threads that had I known about I would have contributed when they were made.

I enjoy the conversations in the lockeroom because they are more active. But even the lockeroom this last few weeks has been redundant and pretty dead as far as engaging conversations go. I was just saying today there are like 5 thread variations of weave that have been made in the last couple of days, several threads about herpes, etc etc, threads about what women are attracted to with more men then women actually responding lol. I feel like we definitely need to liven up tlr, and if we can do that in the salon that would be good.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
This pretty much. Just skimming through, some of the threads in here are kind of stupid. Not the type of stuff I would expect from grown women. On the other hand there are a few threads that had I known about I would have contributed when they were made.

I enjoy the conversations in the lockeroom because they are more active. But even the lockeroom this last few weeks has been redundant and pretty dead as far as engaging conversations go. I was just saying today there are like 5 thread variations of weave that have been made in the last couple of days, several threads about herpes, etc etc, threads about what women are attracted to with more men then women actually responding lol. I feel like we definitely need to liven up tlr, and if we can do that in the salon that would be good.
This... and this. There's but only so many ways that we can respond to the same threads but worded different, day after day. It's repetitive.

As far as the salon, definitely better content is needed and and more engaging topics for discussion. More to life than sex and hair. Not saying to get rid of those topics but more subjects in addition the those. Fashion, hygiene, black awareness, community issues, career, advice, tips, relationships, etc.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
This... and this. There's but only so many ways that we can respond to the same threads but worded different, day after day. It's repetitive.

As far as the salon, definitely better content is needed and and more engaging topics for discussion. More to life than sex and hair. Not saying to get rid of those topics but more subjects in addition the those. Fashion, hygiene, black awareness, community issues, career, advice, tips, relationships, etc.

And even parenting too, and mental health. And you posted some good stuff about finances—in a thread on tlr. I feel like we all
may have knowledge in certain areas that we can pass on to one another. I notice the men tend to do that in the locker room.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
And even parenting too, and mental health. And you posted some good stuff about finances—in a thread on tlr. I feel like we all
may have knowledge in certain areas that we can pass on to one another. I notice the men tend to do that in the locker room.
Definitely...parenting and mental health...good stuff! I'm going to start research on my end for some things to post.I'm out tonight,but ill start tomm

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
i thought this was about an actual salon but 2 answer the question i tend 2 stay away from the majority women threads i dont mesh well with most of them there are a few kewl chicks who i will participate in their threads but errytime i come in here its men making threads about shyt i dont care 2 comment on

Shykai

Rookie
Daps
i thought this was about an actual salon but 2 answer the question i tend 2 stay away from the majority women threads i dont mesh well with most of them there are a few kewl chicks who i will participate in their threads but errytime i come in here its men making threads about shyt i dont care 2 comment on

Yea I get what you mean. I mean like even now there's like 3 or so threads on the front page of this forum made by men that I personally don't care to comment on either. Hoping to change this though. You don't mesh well? As in some of your viewpoints can be controversial?

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Let’s see there’s you and me, that’s two and then there’s:

3. @BlackPearl The Empress
4. @CinnaSlim
5. @TeenTitansGo
6. @HarlemHottie
7. @AsTheWorldBurns
8. @Jisselle
9. @The5thLetter
10. @Lady.Libra.
11. @Nicole0416
12. @Princess Coco
13. @Milk N Cookies
14. @DarlingNikki
15. @sanityovar8ted
16. @biscuitsnbangers
17. @Rockstar Mom
18. @CarmelBarbie
19. @Rawtid
20. @RehReh

I know there’s more I just can’t remember them all at the moment :patrice:
All lovely women :smile:

Daps
I came to talk rap so I like the booth.

Tbh I think men just chat more I'm general. I've never been on a forum or comment section that was close to being dominated by women. Even when I happen to browse LSA it seems kinda dead. Idk how it became a cliche that women are the chatty pattie. :dame: