Why is the salon low-key kinda dead?

Shykai

Rookie
Daps
I'm still learning the ends and outs of posting here, that's why I haven't made a whole thread yet. But I'm definitely down to make the Salon a more lively place.

I understand- sure this is my first thread! I was just bored and said sure, why not?

Maybe the salon should just be female only.

I don't mind the male input- it's nice as long as it's not derailing.

Wow I came in here thinking this was about actual hair salons :deadmanny:

Because I’m at the salon now and I was about say, it’s a decent amount of people in here.

Idk why the salon is dead. I actually wish it was more live.

Haha, you're the second person to have thought that! I wonder how many more thought the same.

I wish it was more live too- like I'm not expecting tlr levels of activity but still! I want to talk make-up, fashion, jean recommendations cause your girl is still struggling to find that perfect pair that don't gape at the waist, hair, music, beauty guru drama and all sorts!

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Loooooooooool :russ: but also :ohhh:

How? Like by asking for pics or whatever.

I won't lie this wouldn't surprise me though- I've seen the way some posters enjoy calling out @Nicole0416 for whatever reason... I've seen at least three threads made about her and those were kinda weird/creepy.
That's why I haven't Been posting as much and fell back over the past week- the fact that ive busy with a lot of other things at work and with my family that I need to focus on. Then, I can't front, those targeted threads are weird and aggravating. Agreed. Especially week after week.it gets old and distracting. I ask @HarlemHottie to post more and the minute and like right after that there's 2 threads on me within weeks and one thread including her,for no reason .Smh.@HotChocolate I don't post in the salon that much bc there's only you, Harlem Hottie, Carmel Barbie, booksnrain, black empress and cinnaslim,5th letter, gold coast,nightmare, that make real contributions in post and have some legit convos to say. The other ones are on some type of agenda.

I stopped posting in the salon when one of those other females start talking about her diaphragm and her cycle. That's what we're doing ??? .Like bihhhh, ask your damn husband. And being overtly sexual for attention. There could be more topics about females in current events, empowerment, informational, advice, educational, controversial ..etc . mix of issues that we encounter day to day; what's popping as far as entertainment, movies, etc. Not always about sexuality or male bashing type stuff. Definitely not lsa-ish. Like all different type of content without all the feminist or wenching angles. Needs more balance, the guys forums talk about a variety of topics that are being discussed and opine on.

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Maybe not :mjcry: It would explain alot if there weren't.
Nah, there's women in here, the issue is whose here for what reasons. there's different types of women - those here for legit discussion, or speak in subjects they like and get info; the ones here that thirst trap; or the ultra feminist that are here to promote divisive narrative; those who got caught up in some negativity and lurkers ....from who I experienced and interacted with in here so far, I think there's like 12 that are here for the right reasons and are real about theirs.

Shykai

Rookie
Daps
That's why I haven't Been posting as much and fell back over the past week- the fact that ive busy with a lot of other things at work and with my family that I need to focus on. Then, I can't front, those targeted threads are weird and aggravating. Agreed. Especially week after week.it gets old and distracting. I ask @HarlemHottie to post more and the minute and like right after that there's 2 threads on me within weeks and one thread including her,for no reason .Smh.@HotChocolate I don't post in the salon that much bc there's only you, Harlem Hottie, Carmel Barbie, booksnrain, black empress and cinnaslim,5th letter, gold coast,nightmare, that make real contributions in post and have some legit convos to say. The other ones are on some type of agenda.

I stopped posting in the salon when one of those other females start talking about her diaphragm and her cycle. That's what we're doing ??? .Like bihhhh, ask your damn husband. And being overtly sexual for attention. There could be more topics about females in current events, empowerment, informational, advice, educational, controversial ..etc . mix of issues that we encounter day to day; what's popping as far as entertainment, movies, etc. Not always about sexuality or male bashing type stuff. Definitely not lsa-ish. Like all different type of content without all the feminist or wenching angles. Needs more balance, the guys forums talk about a variety of topics that are being discussed and opine on.

If the salon could be become this it would be great! Also, yea no those threads about you were awful- like just targeting you for no reason. They just seem jobless. I hope it stops because it's just odd and creepy.

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Haha, you're the second person to have thought that! I wonder how many more thought the same.

I wish it was more live too- like I'm not expecting tlr levels of activity but still! I want to talk make-up, fashion, jean recommendations cause your girl is still struggling to find that perfect pair that don't gape at the waist, hair, music, beauty guru drama and all sorts!

Have you made threads about those things, when I made a thread about outfits for my vacation last year, the ladies were very helpful. shyt I’m looking for some shoes for the fall too. Make the thread.

Shykai

Rookie
Daps
Have you made threads about those things, when I made a thread about outfits for my vacation last year, the ladies were very helpful. shyt I’m looking for some shoes for the fall too. Make the thread.

This is the first thread I've made. Was bored so I just decided to ask a question that's been on my mind for a while. After the response to this thread though, I'll definitely start posting more/making threads.