Why is the Bronx considered the worst borough in NYC?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
City island is full of racists who truly hate what their neighborhood turns into during summertime weekends lol
fukk em. They live in the BX. I remember when them CACs was mad about don coqui

They got suburbs in the Bronx?
Yes, there’s several parts of the Bronx that are suburban, quiet neighborhoods with single family houses like throgs neck for example. Look just like some towns out on Long Island

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Bronx is :scusthov:. I remember at my last job having to go up there sometimes. shyt all over the streets, no parking/traffic everywhere, trannies walking around, even caught some homeless dude pissing on my company car. Can't forget about the violence and their shytty version of Drill.:scust:
Unfortunately, I'm trying to buy an apartment so I might have to expand my search to that borough. :scust:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Mott Haven skyline looks crazier every time I go past. The rendering is starting to come to life on some downtown Brooklyn or Long Island City shyt…

im-816196

101_Lincoln_Avenue_770x500.jpg

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I've been to 5 continents. you're out of your mind if you think Manhattan isn't impressive. where else have you been that trumps manhattan on a city scale:dahell:
People value different things, right? Manhattan has skyscrapers for days but it wasn't the first time I've seen mad skyscrapers even if Manhattan's density of skyscrapers are more than anywhere else domestically. The size of Manhattan wasn't overwhelming to me---->~1.65 million people...

I lived in Los Angeles as a child which has nearly twice that population, cities with over a million people aren't foreign to me. I've traveled the US pretty extensively, I've been to Dallas prior to going to New York, this wasn't my first excursion to a super large city...

Manhattan's density of foreigners and variety in places to eat, I'd assume is on a greater scale than most places. Going to NY wasn't my first or second or third (etc) time being exposed to people who speak different languages or are from around the globe--->I'm from Sacramento bro, a city consistently ranked as one of the most diverse and integrated US cities. I've lived in greater DC and greater Atlanta and the city of LA, I've been exposed to luxury fashion and luxury vehicles and condos and all that shyt...

This is the best explanation I can give--->now dont get me fukked up, it was definitely unique. Architecturally it looks different than what I'm used to, the people sound different, and again the scale/density of options is noticeably greater than you see in most places...

Manhattan and New York in general were certainly unique to me, and I enjoyed my visit. But it wasn't so unique, as in "damn, mind blown/socks blown off", that I have to go again, or I fell in love with it...

For the record I have a strong hunch that if I ever get to Queens I'll be tempted to stay...
Where did you go in Manhattan?
Hell's Kitchen and the immediately adjacent areas...
The Bronx is one of the better places in America for what’s it’s worth.

And a lot of Bronxites take this place for granted.

I’m from here so it’s a love/hate but traveling around the country it’s better than a lot of places if it was its own city.

It also just happens that Brooklyn and Queens are probably #1 and #2 places to live in all things considered in all of America.
What part of BX you from bruh?

BK and Queens are definitely up there, because for me, the best places for black people qualify as being the best places in America...

I can find unique places that are great for us elsewhere too though that, sure, don't offer a NY/BK/Qns experience, but offer the experience that is unique and local to that place. My only hang-up with many NYers is that many carry this attitude that NY should be everyone's favorite place because they think so or say so. You know I love Western NY, and the attitudes Borough cats tend to have towards Upstate is wack to me, because I much rather prefer Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo to Manhattan. And sometimes people can't understand that because they apply their values and what matters to them, to other people who just may not feel the same way about things they do...

For sure for sure though, The Bronx is better than most places. It's better than Elmira 🤣...

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
People value different things, right? Manhattan has skyscrapers for days but it wasn't the first time I've seen mad skyscrapers even if Manhattan's density of skyscrapers are more than anywhere else domestically. The size of Manhattan wasn't overwhelming to me---->~1.65 million people...

I lived in Los Angeles as a child which has nearly twice that population, cities with over a million people aren't foreign to me. I've traveled the US pretty extensively, I've been to Dallas prior to going to New York, this wasn't my first excursion to a super large city...

Manhattan's density of foreigners and variety in places to eat, I'd assume is on a greater scale than most places. Going to NY wasn't my first or second or third (etc) time being exposed to people who speak different languages or are from around the globe--->I'm from Sacramento bro, a city consistently ranked as one of the most diverse and integrated US cities. I've lived in greater DC and greater Atlanta and the city of LA, I've been exposed to luxury fashion and luxury vehicles and condos and all that shyt...

This is the best explanation I can give--->now dont get me fukked up, it was definitely unique. Architecturally it looks different than what I'm used to, the people sound different, and again the scale/density of options is noticeably greater than you see in most places...

Manhattan and New York in general were certainly unique to me, and I enjoyed my visit. But it wasn't so unique, as in "damn, mind blown/socks blown off", that I have to go again, or I fell in love with it...

For the record I have a strong hunch that if I ever get to Queens I'll be tempted to stay...

BK and Queens are definitely up there, because for me, the best places for black people qualify as being the best places in America...

I can find unique places that are great for us elsewhere too though that, sure, don't offer a NY/BK/Qns experience, but offer the experience that is unique and local to that place. My only hang-up with many NYers is that many carry this attitude that NY should be everyone's favorite place because they think so or say so. You know I love Western NY, and the attitudes Borough cats tend to have towards Upstate is wack to me, because I much rather prefer Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo to Manhattan. And sometimes people can't understand that because they apply their values and what matters to them, to other people who just may not feel the same way about things they do...

For sure for sure though, The Bronx is better than most places. It's better than Elmira 🤣...
My college was in hells kitchen technically. John Jay.

Yea that neighborhood is not that interesting and is filled with “Harlem” establishments.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

For sure people have different preferences. I'm just talking about the physical city itself. the structure/landscape. Its the only American "metropolis" (did I use that word right lmao)

I have a lot of roots and history in NYC and its just not for me anymore so I feel the preference part; but you did say "not impressive" lol. thats a bold statement. :picard:

Most people are are really blown away the first time they go to Manhattan...its breath taking.....its so big there are spots that will NEVER see sunlight :damn:

Some1 made a "grind my gears" thread about hating all the tourists in AWW clogging on the sidewalks taking it all in once :russ:

even the way you have to navigate through the city.

The only other city I've been 2 in the same sense would be Tokyo. China probably has metropolises like that but I've never been.

Dallas and LA are cool cities....but they just physically feel and look like cities....Manhattan is next level IMO :hubie:

maybe I misinterpreted what you were saying and am wasting text RN lol

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
For sure people have different preferences. I'm just talking about the physical city itself. the structure/landscape. Its the only American "metropolis" (did I use that word right lmao)

I have a lot of roots and history in NYC and its just not for me anymore so I feel the preference part; but you did say "not impressive" lol. thats a bold statement. :picard:

Most people are are really blown away the first time they go to Manhattan...its breath taking.....its so big there are spots that will NEVER see sunlight :damn:

Some1 made a "grind my gears" thread about hating all the tourists in AWW clogging on the sidewalks taking it all in once :russ:

even the way you have to navigate through the city.

The only other city I've been 2 in the same sense would be Tokyo. China probably has metropolises like that but I've never been.

Dallas and LA are cool cities....but they just physically feel and look like cities....Manhattan is next level IMO :hubie:

maybe I misinterpreted what you were saying and am wasting text RN lol
Maybe not impressive wasn't the correct phrase to use but I think what I mean os, there was no activity I've never seen before. Again I liked it for sure, but I didn't "love" it, it's not somewhere I ever need to go again...

I fukk with the architecture and vibe and all that though...