Why is the Bronx considered the worst borough in NYC?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Riverdale counts as the bronx even though they hate admitting it :mjlol:

Bronx got some dope food spots...

But I'd rather takeout and go about my way:mjpls:

there was some dumb thread on here where apparently There's a line in the sand between the "north" and "south" BX like that. posters were really trying to get that off shytting on the "north" :mjlol:

I seen that and started casting doubts on the authenticity of said posters or if we just have AI posting.

And no not river dale. Anyone from river dale will say RIVERDALE lol. not even relative 2 us.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
You gotta explain why you have Queens #4...

For the record I've only been to Manhattan, wasn't that impressed. Like of course I get why it has the hype it does, but I'm also a city guy in general, so when I went, it wasn't like some small town kid seeing a large city for the first time, eyes wide open. It was a cool little trip, but not somewhere I need to go back to...

Now Queens, I have a real Jones to see Queens for some reason!
Manhattan is 100 times more interesting then anything going on in Queens in my opinion. But thats just my opinion.

No disrespect to Queens it just ain't Manhattan BK or BX. But atleast its not the afterbirth known as Staten Island :hhh:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
"Worst" is a loaded term but it has the highest rates of violent crime and poverty, and arguably the lowest levels of entertainment, in The City...

Even with that there is no borough in NY that is bad on a crisis-level scale, there are plenty of places in this country with lower scales of entertainment options, and higher violence and poverty than Bronx. Plenty of areas around the US where The Bronx shyts all over em...
The Bronx is one of the better places in America for what’s it’s worth.

And a lot of Bronxites take this place for granted.

I’m from here so it’s a love/hate but traveling around the country it’s better than a lot of places if it was its own city.

Daps
City Island

City Island is a small neighborhood located in the Bronx, which is one of the boroughs of New York City. Despite being part of New York City, City Island has a distinct and somewhat isolated atmosphere that sets it apart from the bustling urban environment of the rest of the city.

Key features and points of interest about City Island, Bronx:

1. Maritime History: City Island has a rich maritime history. It was once a hub for shipbuilding, with numerous boatyards and shipyards operating in the area. While the shipbuilding industry has declined, the nautical influence is still visible in the neighborhood's architecture and culture.
  2. Seaside Atmosphere: Due to its location on Long Island Sound, City Island has a coastal, seaside atmosphere. Many homes are designed with a nautical theme, and seafood restaurants are a common sight.
  3. Local Businesses: The neighborhood is known for its local businesses, particularly its seafood restaurants. Visitors often come to City Island to enjoy fresh seafood dishes and to experience the unique ambiance of the area.
  4. Artistic Community: City Island has also attracted artists, and you can find various art studios and galleries in the neighborhood.
  5. Community Vibe: Despite being part of a major city, City Island maintains a strong sense of community and a somewhat quieter pace of life. This has contributed to its reputation as a hidden gem within New York City.
  6. Accessibility: City Island is connected to the rest of the Bronx by a single bridge, the City Island Bridge, which provides the only vehicular access to the neighborhood. This physical separation contributes to the distinct character of the area.
Overall, City Island offers a unique blend of maritime history, a close-knit community, and a charming seaside ambiance within the urban landscape of New York City. It's a popular destination for both residents and visitors seeking a quieter, coastal escape within the city.

city-island-marina.jpeg

291603880_698250264613907_4004606576281958127_n.jpg

8B7A3045.jpg

City-Island-The-Crab-Shanty-Restaurants-Bronx-NYC-2.jpg

City-Island-Arties-Restaurants-Bronx-NYC-2.jpg

fill-700x467%7Cformat-webp%7Cwebpquality-70

a70f5c9df440d10213e93244e9eb7cad.jpeg

City-Island-Nautical-Museum-Exterior-Historical-Bronx-NYC.jpg

City-Island-Bronx-NYC-Kelsey-Sucena.jpg

cityisland_sign-scaled.jpg

:stopitslime:aint city island without johnnys and tonys

a1 post tho

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
You gotta explain why you have Queens #4...

For the record I've only been to Manhattan, wasn't that impressed. Like of course I get why it has the hype it does, but I'm also a city guy in general, so when I went, it wasn't like some small town kid seeing a large city for the first time, eyes wide open. It was a cool little trip, but not somewhere I need to go back to...

Now Queens, I have a real Jones to see Queens for some reason!
Queens is the best borough btw.

Queens is one of the most successful places for blacks in the country.

It’s also one of the most diverse places in the world.

It also has multiple downtown like areas and a Long Island City is looking like a downtown Miami at this point

Daps
Reppin
NULL
City Island

City Island is a small neighborhood located in the Bronx, which is one of the boroughs of New York City. Despite being part of New York City, City Island has a distinct and somewhat isolated atmosphere that sets it apart from the bustling urban environment of the rest of the city.

Key features and points of interest about City Island, Bronx:

1. Maritime History: City Island has a rich maritime history. It was once a hub for shipbuilding, with numerous boatyards and shipyards operating in the area. While the shipbuilding industry has declined, the nautical influence is still visible in the neighborhood's architecture and culture.
  2. Seaside Atmosphere: Due to its location on Long Island Sound, City Island has a coastal, seaside atmosphere. Many homes are designed with a nautical theme, and seafood restaurants are a common sight.
  3. Local Businesses: The neighborhood is known for its local businesses, particularly its seafood restaurants. Visitors often come to City Island to enjoy fresh seafood dishes and to experience the unique ambiance of the area.
  4. Artistic Community: City Island has also attracted artists, and you can find various art studios and galleries in the neighborhood.
  5. Community Vibe: Despite being part of a major city, City Island maintains a strong sense of community and a somewhat quieter pace of life. This has contributed to its reputation as a hidden gem within New York City.
  6. Accessibility: City Island is connected to the rest of the Bronx by a single bridge, the City Island Bridge, which provides the only vehicular access to the neighborhood. This physical separation contributes to the distinct character of the area.
Overall, City Island offers a unique blend of maritime history, a close-knit community, and a charming seaside ambiance within the urban landscape of New York City. It's a popular destination for both residents and visitors seeking a quieter, coastal escape within the city.

city-island-marina.jpeg

291603880_698250264613907_4004606576281958127_n.jpg

8B7A3045.jpg

City-Island-The-Crab-Shanty-Restaurants-Bronx-NYC-2.jpg

City-Island-Arties-Restaurants-Bronx-NYC-2.jpg

fill-700x467%7Cformat-webp%7Cwebpquality-70

a70f5c9df440d10213e93244e9eb7cad.jpeg

City-Island-Nautical-Museum-Exterior-Historical-Bronx-NYC.jpg

City-Island-Bronx-NYC-Kelsey-Sucena.jpg

cityisland_sign-scaled.jpg

Now show them fights every year at seafood city with the chair’s flying across the room:comeon:

The Bronx has a lot to offer but you damn well why people consider it “the worst” borrough.