Why is the Bronx considered the worst borough in NYC?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's all LA though, that's the point.

LA is not a city in the same way that New York is. It's a completely different system, and that's why y'all don't get it. LA is not New York.

Every single one of those places I named is Los Angeles County, except Anaheim, which is Orange County, but Orange County is a part of the Greater Los Angeles Area, so it's still LA. That's why the Angels are called the Los Angeles Angels.

Yes, those places are spread out-- that's LA though. That's how we are different from New York and its borough system: everything is spread out and you need a car.

Los Angeles is a SPRAWL:

los_angeles_sprawl.0.0.0.0.jpg
as a New Yorker that spent a lot of time with family in Los Angeles, (budlong and king early 90s). I never got the impression that actual Los Angeles natives respected people from the surrounding city’s claiming “LA”.

At that time we also had family in Inglewood, which to me was exactly the same as LA and my 3rd cousins out there were very specific about being from INGLEWOOD(no they did not bang)

Now that I think about it, LA is the most specific “where you from” place in ever experienced. I never bought that “everywhere close to LA is LA” narrative. People from the LA I was exposed to would tell a MF They NOT from LA quick.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
as a New Yorker that spent a lot of time with family in Los Angeles, (budlong and king early 90s). I never got the impression that actual Los Angeles natives respected people from the surrounding city’s claiming “LA”.

At that time we also had family in Inglewood, which to me was exactly the same as LA and my 3rd cousins out there were very specific about being from INGLEWOOD(no they did not bang)

Now that I think about it, LA is the most specific “where you from” place in ever experienced. I never bought that “everywhere close to LA is LA” narrative. People from the LA I was exposed to would tell a MF They NOT from LA quick.

from my experience roaming the states NY is the only place that is super tight with the longitude and latitude. If NY was down south or out west Brewster to Jersey city could claim and would rep NYC.
even when I was in the Chi cats from down in joliet or whatever would say they from the chi. :manny:

From my experience in cali that where u from shyt only matters if u bang.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

That’s due to how the neighborhoods break down and gangbanging, where nikkas in Watts claim Grape st but dudes in Compton and Lynwood claim Piru, etc.

We set trip. But I’ve never once heard anyone from here say “I’m not from LA”. We don’t talk like that.

I’m from Inglewood, city of champions. We are called that cause the Lakers used to play there.

The LAKERS. Lol

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Allota graduation and birthday dinners at them seafood restaurants on City Island

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
city-data forums is a tier below st0rmfr0nt on racism. The fact that you referenced that says a lot:mjpls:

Nice try at a derail my dude.

This post has nothing to do with race or racism, and it was simply a piece of a data set that fit the thesis of my post. We're talking about whether people would rather live in Tokyo or New York City.

If you're making the case that the data set is tainted by White racism, why the fukk would those people want to live in a city where they are a 0.00001% minority, instead of the 44% absolute demographic and ethnic majority in New York City????

Especially when there are more Black people in Tokyo than there are White people:

Screenshot-582.png

:martin:

Negged, sad dap, ignore list for trying to derail with fake militant bullshyt

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s due to how the neighborhoods break down and gangbanging, where nikkas in Watts claim Grape st but dudes in Compton and Lynwood claim Piru, etc.

We set trip. But I’ve never once heard anyone from here say “I’m not from LA”. We don’t talk like that.

I’m from Inglewood, city of champions. We are called that cause the Lakers used to play there.

The LAKERS. Lol
yeah, half of the cities in America has professional sports teams in other nearby cities. My city has two NFL teams in a whole other state.

my mentality is you either a BX person or a westchester person. a queens person for a Nassau county person. there's no blurring of the lines.

so maybe that influenced how I perceived California but all of that was reinforced by all the briefings about why "nobody says cuz in Inglewood" and how that city line seemed to me that nothing changed visually but everything changed politically. yes I understand that LA is all neighborhood politics but to me it seemed obvious that being in Inglewood vs being in Los Angeles meant something

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Los Angeles is full of drug addicts, homeless people and is super dirty, I honestly don't even think it is better than Boston. Huge disappointment when I visited. Manhattan alone shyts on L.A.
Manhattan definitely by itself is not shytting on LA 😂...
Names places that are literally not Los Angeles proper :skip:
Nah it doesn't work like that in LA, bro...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I hear that my boy everyone claims the city

But you naming places 25 miles out and shyt an hour out
That’s not city shyt and you can’t be mad at tourist for not being impressed with the actual city itself and then tell them to go to places outside the city :hubie:
Bruh all these areas in LA bleed together...

Watts, which is a neighborhood in the city of Los Angeles, bleeds right into Compton. Like there is no "transition area", they run right into each other. And Compton bleeds right into Carson if you're headed southwest or right into Long Beach going southeast...

All of these areas are connected into one another, it's all Los Angeles. And in theory it really isn't different than every borough claiming themselves as "New York" when historically the city of New York is just Manhattan. All those outer boroughs were separate cities and counties...

If you lived on Budlong/King you're right from where I grew up when I lived in LA. I'm from Expo/Normandie, I went to Weemes Elementary. Right in the heart of the Brims...

My entire family is all over LA from Inglewood to Venice to Van Nuys. All of that is Los Angeles...

In my 20s when I went back to LA I had potnas from from 2 P's, Lanes, Fruits, Pain, Hacies, and Bopps. All of this shyt is Los Angeles...

People immersed in the culture innately get this, the nuance between set tripping and everyone being from LA...

And honestly living on The East where you meet NYers OT all the time, there is a similar dynamic that may not play out in The Boroughs, but it certainly plays out abroad. Mount Vernon and YO claim themselves as NY. Dudes from LI claim NY. I've met all these dudes and they don't distinguish themselves as "I'm not from The Boroughs" unless you ask, dudes just tell you "I'm from New York". And no one has a problem with it...
from my experience roaming the states NY is the only place that is super tight with the longitude and latitude. If NY was down south or out west Brewster to Jersey city could claim and would rep NYC.
even when I was in the Chi cats from down in joliet or whatever would say they from the chi. :manny:

From my experience in cali that where u from shyt only matters if u bang.
The only place it matters is in street politics and even there it ain't that big of a deal...

The LAKERS. Lol
It's always gonna be hard for people to get this if they aren't closely aligned to LA culture. Bro my homegirl from Pain, still chat with her like once a year or so, she never has said, "well I'm/we not really from LA" 😂. My boy years ago from 2 P's was never like "well you know I'm not really from LA" even though we all know City nikkas clown Valley nikkas sometimes...
city-data forums is a tier below st0rmfr0nt on racism. The fact that you referenced that says a lot:mjpls:
City Data does have some racism there but there are alot of us there to keep them in check...

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
yeah, half of the cities in America has professional sports teams in other nearby cities. My city has two NFL teams in a whole other state.

my mentality is you either a BX person or a westchester person. a queens person for a Nassau county person. there's no blurring of the lines.

so maybe that influenced how I perceived California but all of that was reinforced by all the briefings about why "nobody says cuz in Inglewood" and how that city line seemed to me that nothing changed visually but everything changed politically. yes I understand that LA is all neighborhood politics but to me it seemed obvious that being in Inglewood vs being in Los Angeles meant something

Haha I feel ya.

But trust and believe, I can take you to many spots where they say "cuz", 'cause the 60s all up and through the Wood. In fact, they killed the homie Baby Smiley years ago. That was my dog, we lived across the street from each other and we played basketball for Inglewood High School until he left for Animo.

You not wrong, mainly it's Queen Streets, Families and CPF (which is where I lived). But there are definitely 60s in Inglewood. I don't remember any other Crip sets, or at least they wasn't loud with it.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Bruh all these areas in LA bleed together...

Watts, which is a neighborhood in the city of Los Angeles, bleeds right into Compton. Like there is no "transition area", they run right into each other. And Compton bleeds right into Carson if you're headed southwest or right into Long Beach going southeast...

All of these areas are connected into one another, it's all Los Angeles. And in theory it really isn't different than every borough claiming themselves as "New York" when historically the city of New York is just Manhattan. All those outer boroughs were separate cities and counties...

Thank you!

I be trying to tell these dudes that's not from here that LA is from the Valley to OC :russ:

We definitely make distinctions when we talking about parts of LA, but if someone from, say, Downey or Lakewood goes to Texas, and they ask him where he from, 100 times out of 100 he gonna say LA.

That's just what it is. :manny:

I feel like New York nikkas especially don't understand this because with their borrough system, they feel like they are distinct from other New Yorkers.

But here in LA, we all claim the Lakers, the Raiders (Rams are making a comeback tho), and the only distinction is the Dodgers and Angels. Only cats from OC claim the Angels, rest of us are DIEHARD Dodgers fans.

But it's all love, unless you bang lmaoooo

It's always gonna be hard for people to get this if they aren't closely aligned to LA culture. Bro my homegirl from Pain, still chat with her like once a year or so, she never has said, "well I'm/we not really from LA" 😂. My boy years ago from 2 P's was never like "well you know I'm not really from LA" even though we all know City nikkas clown Valley nikkas sometimes...

We def clown Valley nikkas, but we fukk Valley females tho... IYKYK :sas2:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I was actually thinking of buying some property in Riverdale.

It's beautiful are many parts of the Bronx

The Bronx is more than the South Bronx and those hilly bad blocks.