Why is NBA Media so much worse than other Major Sports

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I think that Amin is part of why NBA media is as bad as it is. I think it's the sport that most easily gives into hot take culture. Amin is a clown too. Maybe pat of working for Lebatard is blaming other people for shyt you're guilty of.

I feel like the vast majority of nba media believes the current game is superior.

The worst sports media is for MMA by far as most of them are largely doing pr for UFC. You can find niche podcasts or fansites for nba/nfl where they think critically about the sport. That is largely absent for MMA.
Funny coming from Amin because I’ve recently heard him shyt on pre 80s players to boost present day guys. All these guys are clowns in my eyes. On the Steph doc, I believe he made it a point to use Nick Wright’s voice near the end. Nick should be dragged by his comrades for a lotta agenda driven shyt he spews but these guys are friends and trying not to hurt feelings

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Ring talk is a big reason. Nobody fukking cares that Barry Bonds didn't win a ring. Yeah, it would have been nice. Yeah, they did get on him a little bit for a couple playoff shortcomings but he deaded all that shyt in 2002 and nobody questioned whether he was "the best" player despite not having rings. shyt, Griffey Jr. was being put up there in GOAT discussions too.

For years people would debate strongly if Dan Marino was the best QB they ever saw. He didn't win a ring.
Baseball & football are more team oriented sports than basketball.

In football, you're one of 22 players to play regularly (offense & defense)

In baseball, you're 1 of 13 players to play regulary (position & starting pitches)

In basketball, you're 1 of 5 and you play both sides of the ball.

Ring talk is a little overrated, but it's not completely crazy.

You can't be the GOAT in a sport like basketball without winning a ring unless you're team is the worst team of all-time.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Funny coming from Amin because I’ve recently heard him shyt on pre 80s players to boost present day guys. All these guys are clowns in my eyes. On the Steph doc, I believe he made it a point to use Nick Wright’s voice near the end. Nick should be dragged by his comrades for a lotta agenda driven shyt he spews but these guys are friends and trying not to hurt feelings
I think they all know Nick is playing a character.

You know I said that the NBA media prop up current players over older ones, but that might be my curated experience. Because I get the impression that the TNT crew definitely shyt on current players. That's just one show but they're regularly touted as the best thing NBA media wise so maybe that presence looms over people's perceptions.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Baseball & football are more team oriented sports than basketball.

In football, you're one of 22 players to play regularly (offense & defense)

In baseball, you're 1 of 13 players to play regulary (position & starting pitches)

In basketball, you're 1 of 5 and you play both sides of the ball.

Ring talk is a little overrated, but it's not completely crazy.

You can't be the GOAT in a sport like basketball without winning a ring unless you're team is the worst team of all-time.

I'll grant you football but the QB is the most important player on the field and Dan Marino for a very long time was in some GOAT discussions. Montana was still given the nod because he was Joe Cool and had all the Super Bowls but the point is people made it a discussion, both fans and media. They didn't act like it was this crazy notion to put Marino in that class.

Baseball I can't agree really because the position players are playing both sides of the field. Defense in baseball in very important even if it's not discussed that much. Hell, it was a long time before people would consider a DH for the hall of fame because they didn't play defense. Regardless, because Bonds and Griffey Jr. both had a ton of gold gloves, Griffey doing it especially at the CF position and then Bonds being as dominant as he was at the plate, they were in a lot of GOAT discussions and Bonds is still considered by most to be that guy despite what the old time writers are doing by keeping him out of the hall.

In the NBA, if you don't have rings they treat you like you don't exist. They treat you like you don't matter at all. Kenny Smith shouldn't even be able to talk shyt to Barkley at all, they aren't anywhere close to the same stratosphere at players but because Kenny has a couple rings as a got damn role player he thinks he can talk some shyt, why? How? That doesn't even make sense.

My whole point is that players without rings are dogged and it's madness, it's a team sport. You need to have good teammates.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Football media is full of neck beards who shave to get on television and racist yt women. Baseball ain't too much better. I'm glad they spend any money on basketball coverage so that those ppl can stay out.

It will be interesting when Amazon gets into the NBA what they do with it