Status
Not open for further replies.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop: :snoop:

What is wrong with some of you? I dissed his wife because he disagrees with me? Did you miss this part?
I'll admit, I missed that part, but that in no way compares to the entire paragraph you posted about that mans life, and let's not act like your just so innocent, you both insult each other, everytime I see you engage. Which points to my broader point. There is not much learning going on here, just alot of insults.

He disrespected me for no reason out of the blue in a conversation about evolution. I just responded with disrespect. You are engaging in very sort of cliquishness and side-taking you're lamenting. Be intellectually honest.

I haven't engaged in any cliquishness, and I'm not taking any sides. You don't see me insulting/daping posters judging by their screenname. My position was directed at everyone. The "higher learning" forum shouldn't have any room for personal insults, and cliquishness.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sorry I didn't see you edited your post, so I'll respond now.
Side note, it really didn't help your case either, when Rap Beats came in to defend you.
^^^^^this is exactly my point, I don't know who rapbeats is,and a cosign from him or anybody else's shouldn't have any influence on the validity of my posts.

Because I was not totally agreeing with the higher learning consensus on the topic, and some non-respected posters agreed with me, I had people, including yourself come in and frame me as misinformed, I doubt anyone even tried to read the evidence I posted.

The name of the poster and their history shouldn't matter if we are having intellectual conversations in order to achive "higher learning"

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
HL is actually better than KTL in many ways, but it could really be so much more. Especially if there were more hiphop minded conservatives posting here. We could really build instead of blindly following the liberal mantra of the week like some poster seem hell bent on doing.

I for one am of the opinion should be focusing on discussing current events with links to stories or info regarding such details. Discussing them from a hiphop perspective is usually far more constructive and intellectually stimulating than consuming similarly presented stories in the mainstream media.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I'll admit, I missed that part, but that in no way compares to the entire paragraph you posted about that mans life, and let's not act like your just so innocent, you both insult each other, everytime I see you engage. Which points to my broader point. There is not much learning going on here, just alot of insults.

Oh, so you're the arbiter of what of what degree of blatant personal disrespect is warranted in response to blatant personal disrespect inititated by someone else? :comeon: If you didn't see his initial disrespectful comment the first time, you probably should just fall back. And he's said more disrespectful stuff about me and my wife in the past and in this very thread.

You didn't post in KTL, so you don't have a complete scope of reference here. It was more hostile there than it is here and I was one of the main culprits. But when we all moved here, most of us kinda just agreed to tone down the personal disrespect a lot because we kinda know each other and our positions pretty well and thought HL would be sort of a new beginning.

This "blackking" dude is an obvious case of someone who's still emotionally raw over things that were said about him there and is nursing a years-old grudge. He wasn't even really on my radar back then, so it's kinda weird. You said you've seen us insult each other, but if you look at every little scrape we've had recently, it was me talking about the topic and him going into angry, personal invective every single time...this thread is no exception.

So I'm all for squashing "e-beef" with anyone, including him and I have already with many posters. But I'm not going to play nice while I'm personally insulted and disrespected in the mean time.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Oh, so you're the arbiter of what of what degree of blatant personal disrespect is warranted in response to blatant personal disrespect inititated by someone else? :comeon: If you didn't see his initial disrespectful comment the first time, you probably should just fall back. And he's said more disrespectful stuff about me and my wife in the past and in this very thread.

You didn't post in KTL, so you don't have a complete scope of reference here. It was more hostile there than it is here and I was one of the main culprits. But when we all moved here, most of us kinda just agreed to tone down the personal disrespect a lot because we kinda know each other and our positions pretty well and thought HL would be sort of a new beginning.
This "blackking" dude is an obvious case of someone who's still emotionally raw over things that were said about him there and is nursing a years-old grudge. He wasn't even really on my radar back then, so it's kinda weird. You said you've seen us insult each other, but if you look at every little scrape we've had recently, it was me talking about the topic and him going into angry, personal invective every single time...this thread is no exception.

So I'm all for squashing "e-beef" with anyone, including him and I have already with many posters. But I'm not going to play nice while I'm personally insulted and disrespected in the mean time.

I'm no arbiter, and I didn't give him a pass for his disrespect either. Maybe the reason I missed his insult was because it wasn't very insulting:manny:

Not being a member of the old forum gives me a different outlook on things, that you and others may not see. The insults and cliques are a turn off for people such as myself.

For example: I see a topic I might be interested in and click on the link, once I get inside the thread it's just a bunch of y'all insulting each other about unrelated shyt, or shyt you know about each other from the old site. I'm just gonna leave the thread and not comment. This has happened to me plenty of times, and I'm sure it's happened to others.

I continue to post here because I actually enjoy LEARNING and considering others opinions. But if we want to make the forum grow, we should all be more receptive of differing opinions.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
nobody here can let a little disrespect, perceived or intended, slide :manny:

4027832956_5a96728bb1.jpg

:birdman:

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
HL is actually better than KTL in many ways, but it could really be so much more. Especially if there were more hiphop minded conservatives posting here. We could really build instead of blindly following the liberal mantra of the week like some poster seem hell bent on doing.

I for one am of the opinion should be focusing on discussing current events with links to stories or info regarding such details. Discussing them from a hiphop perspective is usually far more constructive and intellectually stimulating than consuming similarly presented stories in the mainstream media.

impossible wont happen.. if i post a PRO romney thread.. they say i should be banned :skip: happened countless times

not a very constructive form.. at all.. its EMBARASSING.. that its called higher learning

its an "OBAMA CIRCLE JERK" --

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
In all honesty, 60% of this thread is why this sub-forum is perceived to be weak.

11 pages, probably more than half of the posts dedicated to a beef that contributed to deleterious discussion in the sub-forum, in a thread about deleterious discussion in the sub-forum....causing more deleterious discussion in the sub-forum.

Well, most of the threads on here now are about mainstream politics, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that reality TV entertainment (honestly, the main social function of the political spectacle) and banal insults are the flavor of the day here. But I would think that a supposedly constructive inquiry would understand this.

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
In all honesty, 60% of this thread is why this sub-forum is perceived to be weak.

11 pages, probably more than half of the posts dedicated to a beef that contributed to deleterious discussion in the sub-forum, in a thread about deleterious discussion in the sub-forum....causing more deleterious discussion in the sub-forum.

Well, most of the threads on here now are about mainstream politics, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that reality TV entertainment (honestly, the main social function of the political spectacle) and banal insults are the flavor of the day here. But I would think that a supposedly constructive inquiry would understand this.
So if the beef, deleterious discussion, and mainstream political discussions ceased, would people start pouring into HL?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
hold up. I don't even pay attention to all that long-winded e-beef. I just saw Blackking ended up talking about what seemed like some real deal personal shyt, and I think he needs to re-think where this is going. if anything I was trying to protect Blackking's honor. and his response was pretty much "b-b-but he called me a name first". :sadbron: I mean really, cats need to check themselves

I'm not Vic's cheerleader. we've disagreed about plenty of shyt

you missed some stuff, but OK. And you weren't trying to protect my 'honor' (whatever that can mean on here)

I'm just sayin..

However, I shouldn't have went down to vvd's level. In person, I would see SomeThing like him walk up trying to argue his points, turn around and act blind to opposing perspectives on some HL elite sh1t.. I would laugh and keep it moving on some Peace sh1t.

So I take back what I said about his fam.. Salaam

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
So if the beef, deleterious discussion, and mainstream political discussions ceased, would people start pouring into HL?

The former two would at least help with creating a more hospitable atmosphere. As it is right now, there are quite a few threads that either degenerate into worthless bashing and reductive positions, or begin from that point. And with the fervor of election season, the god-like worship of a man who really hasn't done much for anybody that wasn't an upper-class white man and people trying to paint those who support his opponent on here as resisting some monolith hive mind, those negative qualities are magnified.

But I don't read the future, so I wouldn't know.

The latter, no (I CAN say that with confidence). People believe in the political spectacle with ruthless fervor, so eliminating that would make it too inaccessible for them. I'd just like to see something more exterior to the normal stream of thought, like what voting (that is, the populace voting in a majoritarian democracy) has actually done to change the flow of society, rather than just exchanging elites to whom we give power to direct our lives as they see fit.

But that's just me.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Okay...I know it's just opinions. And I made my case. No need for the :snoop:s. You like economics right? It's the free market, bruh...lol. If there was really all these people who wanted to talk about HL topics, they would just come here in here and take over and drown out the 25 or so regulars here.

And the people who made the testimonials post here anyway. It makes no sense that people would bask in hostility in all the other forums, but say "HL no, that place is too hostile for me," even though it's LESS hostile than the forums they post in.

I didn't say that hostility wasn't an issue here at all. I think it should be more civil here.

That's your opinion....I disagree and I think I clearly made the case why.

:laugh: That's bullshyt bruh. Don't tell that lie. I was lurking early on, and it was fukking :dead: here before the KTL Katrinians all came over. Yeah, people were posting, but barely. There was probably posts dating back 10 days on page 1.

KTL was the last :hamster: group to make the jump, and once they all came over, traffic picked up. And the traffic now is about the same as KTL. Gee I wonder why.

That just proves my case. TLR, The Booth, the Coliseum, and the Arcadium had no problem getting instant traffic. Because that's where most people wanted to post. I need to get the homie Slystallion to come school y'all on the free market.

That's beside the point. I agree that there should be less hostility and fukkery. My point is it doesn't make sense that the presence of hostility and fukkery would be driving people away when those people post in forums that have more of an affinity for hostility and fukkery than HL.

:what: Bruh you are just not being intellectually honest here. Did you see what he said to me? We were talking about evolution, and he personally insulted me for no reason. Then I responded back in spades. That's usually how I do now...I only go there when I'm insulted first.

And this is like the 3rd or 4th time he's done it in like the past week or so. We'll be talking about some topic, and then out of nowhere he starts disrespecting me personally. I could've said that stuff about his wife the first 3 or 4 times he started calling me names and disrespecting me and I've refrained from it until now.

He made himself look stupid because he just discredited his case about the HL "elite" or whoever being obnoxious e-bullies because he went there with me first.

:rudy: I don't even post in evolution discussions about 75% of the time...stop it. I used it as an example to make a point in this thread.

I agree about the insults, but what you're neglecting to take into account is that the insults come from all sides, not some certain imaginary "clique" of posters. Just look at some of the comments in this thread. A lot of dudes are as abrasive as anyone else, but are just butthurt because they can't express arguments in a logical, cogent manner and get called for it.

I don't know why you're getting all sanctimonious because quite frankly, you should look at yourself a bit. You have gotten more hostile since you came to HL than you were on KTL. I don't know what happened to you, lol. You're not one of the most prominent examples, and you don't post that much. But don't act like you haven't entered threads about economics or middle east bombings or whatever with lengthy invective calling people "idiots" and "sheep" or whatever plenty of times.

1) HL before the great migration wasnt as active as it is right now no, but it was far from :dead:

2) im not condoning what he said to you either. i think both of you are acting immature, and your exchange is symbolic of exactly whats wrong with HL.

3) i am far from perfect. but on the regular i am only hostile to you and the ghost of swagmar because you two are extremely disrespectful on the forums. everybody else im cool with.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The former two would at least help with creating a more hospitable atmosphere. As it is right now, there are quite a few threads that either degenerate into worthless bashing and reductive positions, or begin from that point. And with the fervor of election season, the god-like worship of a man who really hasn't done much for anybody that wasn't an upper-class white man and people trying to paint those who support his opponent on here as resisting some monolith hive mind, those negative qualities are magnified.

But I don't read the future, so I wouldn't know.

The latter, no (I CAN say that with confidence). People believe in the political spectacle with ruthless fervor, so eliminating that would make it too inaccessible for them. I'd just like to see something more exterior to the normal stream of thought, like what voting (that is, the populace voting in a majoritarian democracy) has actually done to change the flow of society, rather than just exchanging elites to whom we give power to direct our lives as they see fit.

But that's just me.

There you go participating in the same massive overgeneralizations that have plagued this board for the past month. Everyone who is not pro-Obama paints everyone who is voting for him as people going above and beyond the call of duty to defend his honor. I don't even know if you participate in those "mainstream" discussions, but what you claim is happening is rare. So I find it disingenuous for you to point out where you think the discussion has wrong and where it should go without properly analyzing what is actually being discussed. No one on HL does what you said they do, that happens only in those debate threads (the presidential ones).

As far as you calling for a shift, the discussion you're talking about has been had on numerous occassions with the very topics you dismissed. The fact that during ELECTION season that it is more skewed towards the two main candidates is not something that should be seen as a negative. I can't co-sign you this time on that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.