Why is everyone unsubscribing from Gamepass?

Canon

Veteran
Daps
I have gamepass

It’s kind of trash outside of a indie hit here and there. I’m a AAA gamer and part of the problem tho:yeshrug:.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Remember when Gamepass/Xbox tried to be petty tweeted this the day Sony announced PS Extra and Premium?

The irony is the only new day one “blockbuster” game they’ve had this year is MLB The Show which they still have as their pinned tweet and banner :mjlol:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I paid for it for 6 months after my free 2 year sub ran out. I'm cutting all services that I don't use often enough. Had I not prepaid for the entire year of HBOMax (They give a sweet discount when you do), that too would be thrown in the bushes.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Promising day 1 AAA's is not a sustainable business model, which is why MS has been the only one's promising it. They will ultimately go to a tiered system like Sony because a large chunk of their subscriber base is only going to want to subscribe for 1 to 3 months at a time for specific titles. And that tier will end up getting locked out of certain features, in order to force a higher subscription price or 6 and 12 month options.

The subscription model is better designed for MMO's or titles with seasonal/expansion models.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Promising day 1 AAA's is not a sustainable business model, which is why MS has been the only one's promising it. They will ultimately go to a tiered system like Sony because a large chunk of their subscriber base is only going to want to subscribe for 1 to 3 months at a time for specific titles. And that tier will end up getting locked out of certain features, in order to force a higher subscription price or 6 and 12 month options.

The subscription model is better designed for MMO's or titles with seasonal/expansion models.

What I think Microsoft is gonna end up doing, especially for their single player games is what they did with Forza Horizon and Halo and grant a few days “early access” for people to buy the limited edition version. Only instead of a few days they are gonna start extending it to to a week or two so they get those day one pre orders from the FOMO crowd.

They already saw they can make extra money that way and a brunt of game sales are front loaded anyway. I think its the only way they can honor their promise of “day 1” games and still recoup some of the development cost without getting dragged.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
This was supposed to be the future :mjlol:
You guys just don;t see the vision :mjlol:
It's all coming together :mjlol:
It's getting spooky for Sony :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This was supposed to be the future :mjlol:
You guys just don;t see the vision :mjlol:
It's all coming together :mjlol:
It's getting spooky for Sony :mjlol:

From the jump I've been saying Sony stans are wrong and as soon as Sony does this y'all will be hype. @MeachTheMonster and myself have said how 1st party games would be on PC when Sony stans said they would never or it's not profitable or hurts them.

I told you all that psnow and plus would merge, that they would offer tiers and that they would do there best to X Copy gamepass.

But Sony stans :mjlol: and :pachaha: talking about it's not Sonys bread and butter or goal. And that exclusives are all that mattered.

When playing updates older games and enjoying and praising them Sony stans :heh: at that fact. Now they can't wait to play older games.

"Own new system to play old games breh"

"We don't play old games" :scusthov:

But here we are in 2022 and Sony stans are essentially hyped for gamepass lite.

The crazy thing is that these Sony stans would claim to play all these 1st party exclusives are the main ones hype when they should have played or own most if not all the Triple A exclusives listed already.

So the value only really comes through for the old games anyway

:mjlol:

Day and date triple A games are coming, they just easing you stans into the fact that PS is going multiplatform. It's be another, a extra 80 or so bucks a year and y'all gonna eat it up.

The goal post constantly shift with yall

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
From the jump I've been saying Sony stans are wrong and as soon as Sony does this y'all will be hype. @MeachTheMonster and myself have said how 1st party games would be on PC when Sony stans said they would never or it's not profitable or hurts them.

I told you all that psnow and plus would merge, that they would offer tiers and that they would do there best to X Copy gamepass.

But Sony stans :mjlol: and :pachaha: talking about it's not Sonys bread and butter or goal. And that exclusives are all that mattered.

When playing updates older games and enjoying and praising them Sony stans :heh: at that fact. Now they can't wait to play older games.

The crazy thing is that these Sony stans would claim to play all these 1st party exclusives are the main ones hype when they should have played or own most if not all the Triple A exclusives listed already.

Day and date triple A games are coming, they just easing you stans into the fact that PS is going multiplatform. It's be another, a extra 80 or so bucks a year and y'all gonna eat it up.

Spooky :picard:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

Not a single word of this has anything to do with the topic of the thread, just repressed hurt feelings.

Deep down do you believe most GP subscribers are subscribing to play through the available library or are they subscribing because of the promise of being able to play AAA titles day 1 without the need to buy said AAA titles?