Why I don't tip at restaurants

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Not tipping isn't going to change the system so using that as an excuse to be a cheap b*stard is pretty disingenuous.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
America, the only country in the world where they purposely pay the waiters and waitresses so badly that they finesse the customers into helping to pad out their paycheque.

Do you have any idea how stupid it is to reward someone simply for doing their job?
Write down what I said
Take that shyt to the kitchen
Let em cook
Bring that shyt out
Put it on my fukking table
When I'm done take it away and bring me the check

fukk I gotta pay people to do their job properly for?
shyt do I have to pay cops for protecting and serving, and do I have to pay the fukking train conductor to drive the train without crashing?

And while I'm at it sales tax is fukking retarded. If you say something is 5 dollars then it should BE five fukking dollars. Everywhere else in the world, the tax is in the price. In Europe, if a drink costs one Euro, it's one Euro. Not one Euro and 15 cents or whatever the fukk the rate is in the States.

And switch your shyt to Celsius and the metric system :beli:

Daps
Didn't read that novel.
Stop being a cheap fukk it's hard out here tipping the waiter or waitress a few bucks won't kill u

simp cake ass cape beta keep tipping ill keep smashing your girl after YOU pay for dinner and entertain her.,,tip her so she can bring me weed nikka :blessed:

4North1Side2

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a cook. I work BOH and FOH. I've been a food funner. Sandwich maker. Host. Expeditor. fukk you and everybody like you who doesn't tip because they think we're low skilled workers. We work harder than you do and have a set of skills you cannot learn at any university. Do you know how to seat one hundred people in a room and assign the correct amount of servers so make sure the service is timely and profitable? Can you tell me where the meat was sourced and the preparation of the meat? Most servers can. Do you know how to properly set a table for dinner? Can you tell me what a hot hold is? Do you know how to julienne, brunoise, or batonnet? If I asked you for 26 200's and 24 halves you'd have no idea what I meant. Explain to me difference between organic, conventional, and whole foods. Define gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian. Servers can do it.

I doubt you could run a hot bar or a cold bar for 8 hours without poisoning someone. Do you know the differences between Parmagiano Regiano and parmesan? Or mortadella and bologne? If I brought you into my world you'd leave in an ambulance or lose someone thousands of dollars. Stop being condescending and tip you cheap b*stard. I tip 50% of the check every time.

Please stop, I been working in the hospitality industry all my life. Your typical servers/hostess/food runner does not know or do all of things you mentioned. Your job is easy as fukk and you want a hand out for doing a whole lot of nothing.

4North1Side2

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's just so rude and classless to come into a restaurant, get all your needs met and then some, use a coupon to get your bill reduced, and then leave nothing or a $5 on $100 tab. People don't realize that in a lot of restaurants the server has to tip out the bus boy, hostess and/or bartender. So in some instances the server has now paid to WAIT on you.

Most servers are pocketing majority of the tips and constantly lie to fellow employees about having a "shytty day" tips wise.

Mason83

Banned
Daps
Most servers are pocketing majority of the tips and constantly lie to fellow employees about having a "shytty day" tips wise.
That's true at some restaurants, but at others (particularly corporate ones) the tip out is automatically taken out of your credit card tips.

Mason83

Banned
Daps
I do agree though that a lot of servers feel entitled and have bad attitudes

4North1Side2

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's true at some restaurants, but at others (particularly corporate ones) the tip out is automatically taken out of your credit card tips.

That's why money over hand will always be preferred for waitresses. Majority of people, (at least where I been) still tip in cash even if they pay for their meal via credit/debit.