Why I don't tip at restaurants

Mason83

Banned
Daps
That's why money over hand will always be preferred for waitresses. Majority of people, (at least where I been) still tip in cash even if they pay for their meal via credit/debit.
I wait tables part time and make decent cash and I agree that I definetly prefer cash tips because you don't have to claim all of it.

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
I'm a cook. I work BOH and FOH. I've been a food funner. Sandwich maker. Host. Expeditor. fukk you and everybody like you who doesn't tip because they think we're low skilled workers. We work harder than you do and have a set of skills you cannot learn at any university. Do you know how to seat one hundred people in a room and assign the correct amount of servers so make sure the service is timely and profitable? Can you tell me where the meat was sourced and the preparation of the meat? Most servers can. Do you know how to properly set a table for dinner? Can you tell me what a hot hold is? Do you know how to julienne, brunoise, or batonnet? If I asked you for 26 200's and 24 halves you'd have no idea what I meant. Explain to me difference between organic, conventional, and whole foods. Define gluten free, vegan, and vegetarian. Servers can do it.

I doubt you could run a hot bar or a cold bar for 8 hours without poisoning someone. Do you know the differences between Parmagiano Regiano and parmesan? Or mortadella and bologne? If I brought you into my world you'd leave in an ambulance or lose someone thousands of dollars. Stop being condescending and tip you cheap b*stard. I tip 50% of the check every time.
You are a servant who picked his job. Stop acting like you're laying concrete in the summer time. Lmao at 50% tipping. Why not just pay the full 100 then?

Mason83

Banned
Daps
You are a servant who picked his job. Stop acting like you're laying concrete in the summer time. Lmao at 50% tipping. Why not just pay the full 100 then?
I've done hard and dirty HVAC work in the freezing weather and while it is harder manual labor than restaurant work, restaurant work is not easy either.

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
I've done hard and dirty HVAC work in the freezing weather and while it is harder manual labor than restaurant work, restaurant work is not easy either.
I have done restaurant work as well, and its not exactly what I would call hard work. Demanding yes, but not hard. You serve people and pick up their mess. Its not complicated. It sucks, so you have to move on.

87 others

Superstar
Daps
I can understand. I agree that people should tip(when the service is satisfactory or better), but you guys haven't been on the other side of the fukkeration.... When the waitresses are making money hand over foot and the cooks are the one getting the shytty pay. After 10+ years, I finally stopped cooking for pay. At your average restaurant, cooks are constantly shytted on by wait staff, by management, and by customers. For the pay they offer, it's not worth having to work all the time because turnover is so high, being bytched at by servers who can't remember that side salads go with their meal, being bytched at by management when you're having a shytty day because you're overworked and being bytched at by a customer when something is wrong on an order, whether it's your fault or not.

I have no sympathy for wait staff that make 15-20/hr while cooks make 8.50-9.00/hr..... and cooks aren't allowed to take gratuity.

Sorry... not sorry.
Breh, one of the first jobs I ever had when I was a teen was washing dishes for minimum wage in a high volume restaurant/lounge that was sort of like Hooters. These waitresses were making like a g a week, didn't have to do shyt except bring out food, were encouraged to make bullshyt conversation and sit with customers, and still had the nerve to complain every...fukking...night. Meanwhile, they treated the dishwashers like shyt. Hoes wouldn't even have the common courtesy to drop left over food in the garbage can (right next to the dishwashing station) when they dropped the plates off with a pissy look on their face. One night, as I'm walking towards the back to take a cigarette break after scrubbing fukking queso and marinara sauce off of metal pans and pots for 5 hours straight, these two little c*nts walk by me, go "ewwwww", and start giggling. Granted, I was covered in left over food particles but I will remember that shyt forever. I'm not a violent man, but I really wanted to slap the fukk out of those privileged bytches. I remember having nightmares about washing dishes when I was working there. fukk these spoiled ass waitresses who keep patting themselves on the back. The kitchen staff are the real heroes there.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
The single ray of sunshine in this story is the fact that women are starting to choose better, she saved herself a lot of trouble by not having sex and potentially being impregnated by a cheapskate who doesn't make his motives known.

:ehh:
This= thread

My question to you is have you ever worked in an industry where you were tipped.

Often times if they dont make tips they get written up or sent to waiter school.

I remember my manager at pizza hut refused service to this cheap ass who always came in and didn't tip a cent asked for tons of refills etc

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Most service workers in the States get below minimum wage. You are tipping not only the waitress but the hostess, bust boys, etc. Can understand giving a shyt tip and complaining to the manager for bad service but the whole crew should not get shafted because of one or 2 people. If anything threaten to write a shyt review and get a meal/gift certificate comped but it's really not fair to gyp people. I thought the same way until my coworker told me about the process and her experiences as a hostess/waitress in highschool and undergrad. Some people can be real dikks.

BasedHead

Rookie
Daps
i aint with that tipping shyt as well, im there to pay for food not a motherfukkers wage.