Why Houses Are So Expensive In The U.S.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Land reflects prices. Boston, NYC and DC that are sort of designed like European cities at expensive since they are on landlocked places.

Same with San Francisco and Miami is headed towards that path too

yeah i hear about the complaints about NYC prices and they have congested living spaces similar to London.

you're right the location/land reflects heavy on the costs.

lochead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I'm from where Petey come from
i live in London (at the moment) so housing is so expensive and the sg foot spaces are also smaller than the USA for your money.

put it this way bro. in the USA you could get a pool, garage, garden, 4-5 bedrooms for a million. you may struggle to find a 3-4 bedroom with even outdoor space for a million here. more for your buck i think with USA prices and value.

Missouri that's a dope place. :salute:

You’re example is apples and oranges.

To make your point apples to apples you need to compare the London housing market to that of...

New York (Tri-State)
Bay Area
DC (DMV)
LA
Seattle
Boston
Chicago
Miami
Nashville
ATL

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
You’re example is apples and oranges.

To make your point apples to apples you need to compare the London housing market to that of...

New York (Tri-State)
Bay Area
DC (DMV)
LA
Seattle
Boston
Chicago
Miami
Nashville
ATL

the city life i hear that.

i guess i am just used to seeing grand US homes and then i look at the price and i am shocked its so moderately priced in relation to sq space and etc.

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
At least you fukkers had a housing crash, Here in Canada it's been out of control for the last decade with no end in sight.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
yeah i hear about the complaints about NYC prices and they have congested living spaces similar to London.

you're right the location/land reflects heavy on the costs.

I would say Boston is the most similar especially since they have no grid. Only difference is these cities still have a lot of areas where people life apart. I notice in London even in the burbs I see a row homes.

Am I right? Cause I look at London a lot on street views

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
if you want to own a home come to Baltimore

People better be quick about this because a lot of cacs in DC who work in the feds or other fields in DC got their eye on Bmore. Now that work from home is becoming the norm I can see Baltimore and Richmond blowing up from people leaving the high costs of DC while keeping a DC salary.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
I would say Boston is the most similar especially since they have no grid. Only difference is these cities still have a lot of areas where people life apart. I notice in London even in the burbs I see a row homes.

Am I right? Cause I look at London a lot on street views

you're a 100% right.

its all rowed even million+ homes come in semi-detached form there's locations within locations that boost the price.

that's why i am always impressed about the sq space and acres on a lot of US property.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
you're a 100% right.

its all rowed even million+ homes come in semi-detached form there's locations within locations that boost the price.

that's why i am always impressed about the sq space and acres on a lot of US property.

Yea America is blessed to have a lot of land in multiple terrains at the right point on earth.

Even Canada that has a lot of land can only use a few of its land Because of harsh weather.

I would say the southwest is a part of America where people need to be careful because of water droughts

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I absolutely refuse to overpay for a house right now......and I'm certainly not going to settle for something just because there are slim pickings.

If I'm horny and all of the available women in the bar are unattractive, I'll just go home and come back another night. :yeshrug:

I'm going to keep renting and wait this thing out.

Last edited:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
I absolutely refuse to overpay for a house right now......and I'm certainly not going to settle for something based on the fact that there are slim pickings.

I'm going to keep renting and wait this thing out.

you need a transferable mortgage bro, so you are not just throwing your money down the drain.

i am doing the same myself, i dont have enough yet for the rate and guarantor but Isha Allah the aim is for christmas/new years.

just a small 2 bedroom no outdoor space necessary although a garage would be nice its not realistic in my budget and in this city.