Why Houses Are So Expensive In The U.S.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
they're not mutually exclusive, people moving from the west and north are in higher-paid industries, and with this remote life, are keeping their big city salaries and able to outspend locals. that's driving up prices in some secondary markets along with existing residents bidding up houses all trying to take advantage of low interest rates in a supply strapped country. home ownership costs going up all over the map

It’s interesting cause big banks in nyc want these people back. Which is why I’m applying to JP Morgan now

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
People buying houses without visiting? :dahell:
yes, I've mentioned this before but I put in an offer on a home sight unseen. my offer was about 12k over asking. and my offer was submitted before it was on the market. it didn't get accepted but my reasoning was it was only two years old and I knew what the floor plan was just not the upgrades. Im glad I didn't get it, im sure with the offers they received it would have been about the same as what im paying for a brand new home with 5k more sqft.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
More like shortage of white construction workers

Construction workers mostly consist of middle age cacs and cheap labor immigrants.

Blacks are almost completely left out when it comes to construction contracting.

I’ve been on a ton of construction projects over the last 10 years. Very rare to see a bruh on-site unless he’s the one token bruh at the architect/engineer firm or a vendor doing junk/trash removal or delivering materials.

And my projects are in a heavily Black market.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
This also proves that cost of living is a myth. One second CNBC will tell you that people from north and west are going south for cost of living and then the next minute they post a video saying the US has a housing crisis.

Which one is it CNBC?

Whatever narrative the overlords dictate

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
@Easy-E the Chinese been doing that. They’d buy a house in America sitting in their living room in China or Hong Kong

I keep telling people there's this entire neighborhood of uprises South of Nashville and NO ONE LIVES THERE

And it's by a Toyota plant :lupe: Nissan, actually EDIT

Last edited:

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC