Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
Basquiat is an icon in fashion?:mjlol:

Yall nikkas are delusional.
Along with Vogue Magazine.
14 vintage photographs that prove Jean-Michel Basquiat was a style icon

Basquiat in fashion
To this day Basquiat is cited as a major icon and muse of numerous fashion designers. Last year Kim Jones, men’s clothing designer for Louis Vuitton, named him alongside Julian Schnabel and Andy Warhol as the inspiration for his fall/winter collection 2017. Armani still goes into raptures when asked about the great artist. Less sophisticated brands such as Uniqlo, Reebok and Supreme have likewise long since signed deals with the Basquiat Estate and print Basquiat’s crown or portraits of the artist on T-shirts, sneakers, hoodies and shirts.

Like, there’s no future in frontin,lord… You nikkas have pulled every single excuse and been debunked for the last 13 pages. Like what is being attained here lol

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Along with Vogue Magazine.
14 vintage photographs that prove Jean-Michel Basquiat was a style icon

Basquiat in fashion

Like, there’s no future in frontin,lord… You nikkas have pulled every single excuse and been debunked for the last 13 pages. Like what is being attained here lol
Nothing about that article proves anything:mjlol:. If anything it shows how vile and money hungry his family is by selling his shyt to those brands.

Battle Over Basquiat: Family Legal Battle Continues Over Sale of Inherited Artwork

[URL="https://news.artnet.com/news-pro/jean-michel-basquiat-inc-licensing-empire-2100008"]Basquiat, Inc.: How the Artist’s Estate Built a Licensing Empire of Branded Barbies, Dog Hoodies, Coach Backpacks, and More | Artnet News
[/URL]

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
This retard keeps doubling and tripling down on his garbage takes :dead:

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
You trolling bro.

You just said anyone who calls that nikka a fashion icon is delusional and I showed you world renown fashion publications calling him an icon with examples… Now you talking about some lawsuit shyt like what on earth is this thread lol.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
You trolling bro.

You just said anyone who calls that nikka a fashion icon is delusional and I showed you world renown fashion publications calling him an icon with examples… Now you talking about some lawsuit shyt like what on earth is this thread lol.
No I called you and the rest of y’all NY fools agreeing with what you wrote delusional- keep up:mjlol:.

You talked about basquiat being a fashion icon, which he never was. He was just around the right people at the right time. Ffwd to today him being on shirts and shyt isn’t because of his “style” it’s because of his greedy ass family. Read the article

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
No I called you and the rest of y’all NY fools agreeing with what you wrote delusional- keep up:mjlol:.

You talked about basquiat being a fashion icon, which he never was. He was just around the right people at the right time. Ffwd to today him being on shirts and shyt isn’t because of his “style” it’s because of his greedy ass family. Read the article

Your statement is still there. Hiding your hands and trying to change that, is unbecoming of a “Dad”.

So wait, is it that he was around the “right people” whatever that means or is it that he has a greedy family?

it don’t even matter because the head designer at Louis Vuitton doesn’t name you as the inspiration for an entire seasonal clothing lineup 40 years after your death…I guess she chose him as inspiration because his family sued her :russ:.

I bet Giorgio Armani can’t stop talking about Shy Glizzy too lmao

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Your statement is still there. Hiding your hands and trying to change that, is unbecoming of a “Dad”.

So wait, is it that he was around the “right people” whatever that means or is it that he has a greedy family?

it don’t even matter because the head designer at Louis Vuitton doesn’t name you as the inspiration for an entire seasonal clothing lineup 40 years after your death…I guess she chose him as inspiration because his family sued her :russ:.

I bet Giorgio Armani can’t stop talking about Shy Glizzy too lmao
Both.
If you’re confused on what I said watch a 80’s doc. besides Wild Style & read the article :yeshrug:

I think Armani would be more moved by Bad Brains like your fashion muse, Basquiat was.

Last edited: