Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
One of the hottest shoes of this year was made a black LA nikka. Who’s NY got Aime Leon Dore?

A cac that dresses like George Costanza?:mjlol:
the sneaker collaboration scene that designer is part of is a jump off of NY sneaker culture tho.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
A$AP Rocky wearing Moncler around 2008/9 pre fame
asap-rocky.jpg

Atlanta nikkas love wearing Moncler now and y’all sure as hell wasn’t wearing that shyt in 2007/8/9

A lot of this shyt I’m posting was dangerous to wear here nikkas was getting killed over it now it’s nothing for an average dudes to be wearing an all black Moncler Maya bubble :heh:
1. Why were people getting killed for wearing Moncler? :ohhh:

2. Most of what you've been posting are european designer brands, how can rocking european shyt be called NY fashion?

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Why isn’t a there a fashion district in the south like soho in Manhattan? I have never seen a southern city on the fashion capital list in my entire life.

Not so sure why this guy is so prideful of Soho NY fashion district with a 2 percent Blsck population.

The NY Fashion district got it start making clothes for slaves in the South.
And later for the Civil War made uniforms

Then Jewish immigrants brought their clothing trade with them got into the garment industry.

You as a 2nd gen Hatian American don't really deserve a round of applause or anything...

Garment District, Manhattan (History) – UrbanAreas.net

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
1. Why were people getting killed for wearing Moncler? :ohhh:

2. Most of what you've been posting are european designer brands, how can rocking european shyt be called NY fashion?
Because it was expensive and a way for teen gang members to one up and stunt on each other. It was more so the Marmot biggie jacket though that was collected in flavors or different colors that led to several teens dying. But they was robbing Monclers and Pelle Pelles too in that era.

Teen Chased, Killed Over Marmot Mammoth Coat
A Man was Shot at Bryant Park Over the Infamous Marmot Mammoth "Biggie" Jacket
The Infamous Marmot Biggie - An Investigation - VICE
$630 winter jacket known as ‘Biggie’ at center of New York violence

Now as we saw in the Lil Baby pic I posted Supreme released it with Yankee patches all over it specifically from the grey bottom/UV 2000 World Series edition and sell it for $1200. The literal repackaging, culture vulturing, and gentrification of uptown hood wear.

Yeah…the brands are European but in the context of urban fashion and hip-hop it was NY crack dealers, 80’s NY rappers, and designers like Dapper Dan that made that hot in the culture.

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
Not so sure why this guy is so prideful of Soho NY fashion district with a 2 percent Blsck population.

Then Jewish immigrants brought their clothing trade with them got into the garment industry.

You as a 2nd gen Hatian American don't really deserve a round of applause or anything...

Bro you are insane.
The largest producers of cloth for kidnapped Africans were in Rhode Island.
I’m not even sure what the garment district has to do with anything since it’s nowhere near SoHo.. You just randomly said a New York neighborhood for no apparent reason:scust:.

Like just let it go bro, I’m not bout to sit and point to chinese takeout ribs and say we got better BBQ than Texas… That’s the type shyt u on right now

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Basquiat was Haitian and is an icon in art and fashion :francis:

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
Because it was expensive and a way for teen gang members to one up and stunt on each other. It was more so the Marmot biggie jacket though that was collected in flavors or different colors that led to several teens dying. But they was robbing Monclers and Pelle Pelles too in that era.
Grabbed him by his Pelle….SHOOK IT OFF HIS BACK - Yoppy