Why hasn’t the south created any fashion trends that the rest of us black folks can enjoy?

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Ny Fly shyt all day son..one love to my nikkas in central bookings

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
. You nikkas are the most delusional folks on earth and can be insufferable as fukk. Loud and proud ass nikkas. A New York nikka either cool as fukk or one of the lamest nikkas on earth. No in between. You nikkas usually drunk ass fukk on hometown pride thinking the world revolve around y’all look at me ass nikkas.

And I fukk with NY heavy, but all this ol shytting on other regions like y’all the best thing since sliced bread is gonna be met with that same energy as yall like to say. Sit y’all ass down with all that extra shyt. Y’all a world class city, and y’all are the fashion Mecca of the US. But it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it. Disrespectful ass nikkas. Then y’all sensitive as fukk. Better go eat a slice in a small ass apartment with all that goofy shyt
@Giselle got it right. Whole thread is a diaspora war disguised as regional one. This nikka is a Haitian from queens, prolly wore church shoes to the store. fukk he know about getting fly? :mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
For one, Off white is Chicago. But I have no skin in this. I sorta agree with OP. Don’t really see southern brehs setting fashion trends other than the tall tee era
Yeah but I already spoke on it not necessarily being where brands originated but who got them popping in the urban market/hip-hop.

Off-White wouldn’t be Off-White without the influence of the Mob. It was A$AP Rocky that was wearing that hypebeast goth streetwear shyt like Pyrex Vision back in 2011. It was A$AP Twelvyy that gave Virgil the name “Off-White”. It was the eclectic SoHo type nikkas that was wearing Virgil shyt while everyone else was wearing Ralph Lauren and shyt and clowning nikkas as weirdos.

Chicago absolutely had a lot of cultural influence in the last decade but in the case of Off-White—NYC played a factor in it blowing up.

I credit G Herbo for bringing back AF1’s (G Fazos) for the next generation.

Last edited:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's because southern black people are country so they dress like country dudes. I remember in 00s dudes was rocking reebok classics with dikkie suits :mjlol: