Why hasn’t Rockstar remastered Max Payne 1+2?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this thread got me ready to buy a PS3

this gonna be my 5th time buying one :mjlol:

this time tho I’m just fukking keeping it lol

I have a small library of digital games I never finished playing...probably about 4-5 games

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Max Payne 1, 2 and 3 in VR

Sony make it happen on PS5
Oh so wait...we DO want old games on PlayStation now? :ohhh:
Ya’ll gotta @ me before making this information public. I’ve seen fish on a pier flip flop less than this.

the irony that there are actually old games on “PlayStation Now”. :mjlol:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I got a friend who been a PC gamer since Amiga days. He raved about Max Payne, I decided to scoop for the Xbox and what makes that game stand out was how each level felt like it was an open world even tho everything was scripted. No game before or after it recaptured that feel. Not even max Payne 2 (it tried, was still decent but wasn't epic)

I dug mp3, great game. But it wasn't even trying to be max Payne. I don't want that epic experience I'm still chasing replaced. I personally would rather have mp1 over mp3 if I had to choose one. I guess I should have started with that :manny:

Max Payne 1 is the best game in the series and Max Payne 2 delivered a strong enough performance to forward the narrative that was overlooked in my opinion by folks looking to have the same experience that me, you and everyone else had with the first but couldn't find since the first hit is always the best, so to speak.

Max Payne 1 with the Max Payne 3 physics and shooting mechanics would be KILLER, dude. I'm not talking about bringing any of that copper rust finish they added to Max Payne 3 that made it feel like a Quentin Tarantino in which they upped the gore and cinematic set pieces and completely did away with any wit and character the first two games had.

I'm talking about that Gunplay, that cover system. I want shootouts that aren't relegated to me strafing behind walls and side jumping. Now don't get me wrong, the game worked well within that limited system when we first played it and did not detract from the overall stellar performance that was writing and story, but imagine all that piff.....while being able to take cover and have shootouts.:banderas: The second one would definitely benefit from that, especially those later stages at the construction site.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Max Payne 1 is the best game in the series and Max Payne 2 delivered a strong enough performance to forward the narrative that was overlooked in my opinion by folks looking to have the same experience that me, you and everyone else had with the first but couldn't find since the first hit is always the best, so to speak.

Max Payne 1 with the Max Payne 3 physics and shooting mechanics would be KILLER, dude. I'm not talking about bringing any of that copper rust finish they added to Max Payne 3 that made it feel like a Quentin Tarantino in which they upped the gore and cinematic set pieces and completely did away with any wit and character the first two games had.

I'm talking about that Gunplay, that cover system. I want shootouts that aren't relegated to me strafing behind walls and side jumping. Now don't get me wrong, the game worked well within that limited system when we first played it and did not detract from the overall stellar performance that was writing and story, but imagine all that piff.....while being able to take cover and have shootouts.:banderas: The second one would definitely benefit from that, especially those later stages at the construction site.
While what you describe sounds good and fun, doing that will most likely alter the feel of the game. That's what the bullet time is for, you might have to strafe to see and then you jump into a room using bullet time to fukk shyt up. This is just stupid that it's not available, I'm genuinely disappointed

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Rockstar er i mean Take2-star will not remaster or produce ANYTHING solely for a single player experience anymore. Ever again.

From now on if they can't make a kajillion dollars through multiplayer online microtransactions, then they want nothing to do with it.... And they've let this be known.

Last edited:

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
They gotta keep the constipated face in :lolbron: along with the tv skits.

And what made them rip-off the Man on Fire special effects for MP3?